No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One side of V2 was installed and all the V1 issues are still there. Richard stated he QC'd them, I asked if he mounted a tire to the setup, he stated he did not. I said you didnt test them correctly the mounted tire holds the rotor to the hub... oh well

A couple of issues with the Caliper bracket

1. The tapped holes are just slightly to far toward the center and therefore the caliper is to far in when mounted. This causes the caliper to rub the outside edge of the rotor.

2. The Rotor is not centered in the caliper/brake pads. . There is no adjustment in that direction.

My machine shop friend will take .030 off the diameter of the rotor. The caliper mounting bracket will be reduced by 1/16 of an inch in the area where the caliper is bolted and on once side of the bracket only.

This will be done on one rotor and bracket and tested out before the other side of the front end is done.

Haven't even tested the brackets for the rear.... but I'm sure they are okay, right?

Comment

• Made a cardboard template for my rear wheel wells. Used 1/8 inch ABS. Will have some adjustments to make once the rear end is in. but close for now.

Comment

• Sorry about the break issues. Don't stress it, you'll get it sorted out in time.

The wheel well liners look like they are coming out fantastically.

One question to shoot back to the last page concerning the placement of your seat belt clip and the hand break.

It looks like the OEM car has the seat belt clip situated outside or next to the hand break.

your car seems like this may not be a good option but is that the case or are you simply going with what you feel might be easier there?
        [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
          Sorry about the break issues. Don't stress it, you'll get it sorted out in time.

The wheel well liners look like they are coming out fantastically.

One question to shoot back to the last page concerning the placement of your seat belt clip and the hand break.

It looks like the OEM car has the seat belt clip situated outside or next to the hand break.

your car seems like this may not be a good option but is that the case or are you simply going with what you feel might be easier there?

Thanks G35!!

On the seat belt you are correct! The seat belt strap needs to be cut and welded as it is to long, So it was just taped in. Once I settle on the seat location and ebrake the seat belt will be finalized.

thanks again!

Comment

• Here I go asking about tooling again 8-)......out of curiosity, what did you use to make all the oval vents in the wheel liners?

Comment

• Simple Man, if you haven't already started cutting and machining, a $5 bracket from A&A Manufacturing will solve all of this, tapped bolt pattern fits right up to your Wilwood caliper, aa-mfg.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by 76mx View Post
                Simple Man, if you haven't already started cutting and machining, a $5 bracket from A&A Manufacturing will solve all of this, tapped bolt pattern fits right up to your Wilwood caliper, aa-mfg.com.
                For 87 fiero with 13" rotors ? That would be great, thank 76mx I'll check it out !
                Last edited by Simple Man; 11-05-2017, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20below View Post
                  Here I go asking about tooling again 8-)......out of curiosity, what did you use to make all the oval vents in the wheel liners?
                  Those were cut by a friend who has a Cnc machine as well as many other gizmos

Comment

• Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
                    For 87 fiero with 13" rotors ? That would be great, thank 76mx I'll check it out !
                    The bracket will still get you there but 13" rotors may be part of your problem. Those calipers are designed to work with a 12.19" absolute maximum rotor diameter. Should be Wilwood Dynapros.

Comment

• mahalo 76! The wilwood website states 13" for part # 120-13428-rd. Maybe it's the thickness?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
                        mahalo 76! The wilwood website states 13" for part # 120-13428-rd. Maybe it's the thickness?
                        Sorry, my mistake....I think. That part number is a Dynapro caliper like I said was needed in my previous post and will take a 13" rotor, but the caliper that you show in Post#92 is a Dynalite that will not. Do you have Dynapro on one end and Dynalite on the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by 76mx View Post
                          Sorry, my mistake....I think. That part number is a Dynapro caliper like I said was needed in my previous post and will take a 13" rotor, but the caliper that you show in Post#92 is a Dynalite that will not. Do you have Dynapro on one end and Dynalite on the other?
                          76, I dont have the part number for the rears with me, but the rears are 4 piston. Could be dynalite, I'll check it out when I get back.

Thanks for the input!!

Comment

• It is my mistake, the rears are Dynalite then, your front ones are Dynapro. Wilwood designed them with the same bolt pattern so the bracket will work with both, saw the other picture and did not know that the fronts were six piston.

Comment

• After a couple of trips to the machinist to correct the Arraut Motorsport wonderful product The front wheel can actually turn now with the tire mounted!!!

The drivers side is next and that will be back tomorrow, since it is known what has to be done to the system for it to actually work!

Picture of the wheel turning

Comment

• Sweet!! just in time for the weekend my extended heat treated chromoly 300 axles arrived today!!

Initial quickie measurement on the right axle would make one believe it was done correctly ..... but the proof is in the pudding!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X