Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more

Comment

• Well I changed my avatar to a pile of poo with a couple of flies flying above.

The REDO...what can you say....

I traced the 3 non OEM wires from the trunk to the instrument cluster. They were connected to the L&R indicators.

A quick survey of the wiring. No duct tape this time just a bunch of twisted connections with electrical tape.

half of the dash lights are out.

When the wiring is lightly moved the dash goes completely out.

purple marks the poo!

Comment

• After being totally disgusted yesterday. I took most of today off. Then after dinner started to look at this POS.

Thanks Murci Me for the wiring diagram, You are right this type work gives Kit Cars a bad name.

With half the dash lights out and wiggling the wires and having it go completely dark. I located the offending connection.

The dash has 2 of the blue boxes that run the instrument gauge light, pretty cool.

One of them has a hole So I made a temporary jumper and the all the gauge lights came on. I'm not sure if it the inverter or some shoddy work....

Since I'm ahead, I better quit for the day!!!

Simple Man
        Active Users
        Last edited by Simple Man; 04-30-2018, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Trying to get a bit completed on the wiring.

The mystery of the purple wire on the Sebring headlight switch and the spliced red wire to the Fiero has been resolved!! This red wire spliced to the purple was the power source for the dash lights.

Testing the sebring switch, the black wire with the white stripes is the only one that is hot when the parking lights are switched on. That black wire was traced to a blue crimp junction which was connected to a black fiero wire that is constant hot. But also connected to it was the wiper motor.

Looking at the Fiero fuse box there is a fused wiper circuit, I will use this fused circuit as I don't want my wipers to run without the ignition "on" or "acc" position.

Comment

• The wiring in that car is atrocious. Your a better man than I because halfway through I would have yanked all wiring out of the car, made a new harness for it from stem to stern and found the previous "builder" and strung him up with his shotty wiring... although, as bad as it was... he would probably not have hung long as it would probably just snapped or, turned on a light house somewhere else in the world while, blinking someone elses headlights and only partially lighting up a skyscraper somewhere else...

I jest of course... but Holy God... duct tape?? Twisted connections??? Did this person never hear of an auto parts store????
            [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
              The wiring in that car is atrocious. Your a better man than I because halfway through I would have yanked all wiring out of the car, made a new harness for it from stem to stern and found the previous "builder" and strung him up with his shotty wiring... although, as bad as it was... he would probably not have hung long as it would probably just snapped or, turned on a light house somewhere else n the world while, blinking someone elses headlights and only partially lighting up a skyscraper somewhere else...

I jest of course... but Holy God... duct tape?? Twisted connections??? Did this person never hear of an auto parts store????
              Yes G35Mike, it is pretty interesting the way it was slopped together. Not sure what the PO was thinking. He a good guy and I text him frequently for questions. His standard of work is just a little different than mine...obviously lol. I just keep plugging away on the car. Thanks for reading my build thread.....its going to be a long one !!

Comment

• Good times under the dash of the REDO Made a little progress on the wiring, only 3 more REDOs on twisted and taped connections.

There are a bunch of fiero connectors that are not connected to anything. Some were constant "hot" with the key in the off position.

Some were only "hot" with the key in the on position. Since I have no clue what the various fiero connectors are for. I had to pull the fuses one by one until the test light went out. Marked each one. I'll use these later in the build

I have no clue on some of the connectors. Maybe some one here can shed some light what the heck they are for.

Comment

• Just came back from a visit down to OKC. Just getting back to the REDO.

I have an issue with the signals. Running lights work great. Test light lights, going into the flasher is super bright, but coming out it is rather dim regardless of the signal switch is in the on or off position.

There is power coming out of the signal switch for left and right, when turned on just no signal. I think I have a ground issue or continuity issue.

Comment

• Well that took a while.... but The problem with the signals was tracked down and resolved

Comment

• Well that took a while.... but The problem with the signals was tracked down and resolved

Comment

• another check off on the REDO things of things to REDO now done. lol

Say that 5 times fast. lol
                        [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

• Oh man this thing would have drove me crazy. By now I would have ripped everything out and start laying 1 wire at a time definetaly huge cudos to you
                          http://www.mychimaera.com
                          http://www.my240z.info

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
                            another check off on the REDO things of things to REDO now done. lol

Say that 5 times fast. lol
                            Its never ending. lol!

Comment

• With the signals working, Time to get the headlights up and running.

The morimoto system is pretty straight forward and worked right out of the box in a quick test using the Fiero wiring and Sebring steering column

My projector has a shutter and was wired to the high beam switch.

I'm using a 13 pin trailer plug to run all my wiring into the headlight enclosure. For some reason the HID light would not work using this plug so the two wires were ran through the headlight housing. These holes will be sealed later.

It was very tedious and took some time to test each connection into and out of the Plug. It will make it quicker to remove the headlight unit from the car.

Shout to Murci-Me for some guidance on the signal, test tube and side marker light wiring

The fog light will be controlled from the dash switch to the left of the Steering. As usual need one part to complete this.

Comment

• ahhhh!! my gal made me a nice cocktail after that mind numbing wiring....

Oh gee! The drivers side is almost ready to wire up

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X