No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately I saw these images during breakfast.
    Fortunately things can only get better from here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 20below View Post
      Unfortunately I saw these images during breakfast.
      Fortunately things can only get better from here.

Sorry for that Ill get it sorted out!

Comment

• Finished mounting the Wiper motor by counter sinking a bolt, for one of the attachment points and for the other a bracket was welded and then the linkage was secured by a bolt.

It is pretty solid

Drilled holes in windshield cowl drip piece.

See a few changes needed for the cowl piece but might have to go take a look at a real one.

Comment

• Trying to wrap the wipers up. Added nozzles to the cowl.

Thinking about putting the reservoir here. The reservoir will be up a little higher and set just under the trunk opening.

Made a bracket and will weld to the frame.

Still have to run the wiring for the motor to the switch.

Comment

• The threaded shaft on the wiper nozzles were a little short and was unable to use the bolt to secure the nozzles.

No way to drill a hole from the bottom so a nut could fit up into a counter sunk hole. Had to drill a larger hole from the top. Used a bolt with a washer and nut... marked at the right depth.

Then Dyna glassed from the top. Kinda messy but should work... I hope
            Will find out tomorrow

Comment

• Washer nozzles......this thing is next level!

Comment

• Originally posted by Havemurci View Post
                Washer nozzles......this thing is next level!
                HaveMurci , don't all cars have washer nozzles? lol, My hope is to complete the project it and drive rain or shine!!

Comment

• The driver side roof and A pillar were cut by the PO to get the door to shut.

I widen the A Pillar to get a windshield to fit. The Roof needed to be widen by about 1/2 inch and the flange for the door seal needed to be added.

The Passenger side was unmolested and I made 2 templates, one for the curve of the roof and one for the edge.

Drilled in to the drivers side to see how deep the rage gold" filler was. 1/4 inch or so.

Ground down to a solid surface, used 1.5oz CSM to build it up and Dyna Glass. Will skim with rage to finish.

The door seal flange is still a bit wide but will adjust later.

Comment

• I also need to add a flange for the door seal that goes under the windshield.
                    The PO pretty much removed it.

The passenger flange seems pretty wide

The driver side flange was cut down to a jagged edge, of about 1/8 - 1/4 inch. The passenger side has fiberglass that covers the metal A pillar. The driver side is exposed metal, not sure what happened there

Thinking about making one and screwing it to the metal..... Will have to mull it over

Comment

• Busy work week as trying to get ready for vacation, but was able to get the flange made for the windshield area made, now just to trim it up and mount it.

Comment

• Busy work week as trying to get ready for vacation, but was able to get the flange made for the windshield area made, now just to trim it up and mount it.

Comment

• Nice progress. Hey how did you curve that wood to match the windshield?
                          Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Comment

• Put the door seal in just to see how everything lined up.

The flange that I added on top needs to be a little thicker and less depth.

The flange along the bottom is not straight.

Going to have to add some CSM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bangsters View Post
                              Nice progress. Hey how did you curve that wood to match the windshield?
                              sorry for the late reply, but Im on vacation. The piece of wood you are referring to isnt wood but this
                              stuff https://www.fibreglast.com/product/P..._Sandwich_Core

Comment

• Man did I miss a ton of work you did here. My you have been busy! The progress your making is insane and the attention to detail that you still have is impressive. I think I would have lost interest at some point or if not, I would have taken twice as long to get things done... Suppose I would never have driven the car but my grand kids may have had a shot at it. lol and why would they care too drive a dinosaur when they will probably have self driving flying cars that run on a mix of sunlight and batteries and have a range of over 1000+ miles? lol Not to mention they will probably be living Jetsons style in the sky with not a road to be seen. What a sad depressing thought.
                                It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X