• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bodyman View Post
    awesome work, its taking shape so nice.

thanks!! its coming along slowly....

Comment

• My gal had a business trip to LA and was able to tag along and stop by and see Murci-Meís G28.

This is the second time to view the car and it was just as impressive as the first time I saw it over 3 years ago in January 2016.

Enjoyed my chat with Michael and picked up some great ideas for the REDO, plus a million pictures of his build. Thanks Michael!

Canít wait to get back at it!

Comment

• Pls post the lotsa pics of murcie me's
        Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by bangsters View Post
          Pls post the lotsa pics of murcie me's
          You are asking him to hijack his own thread!

Comment

• To get the glass to lay correctly against the inner door took a lot of sanding. The upper door seal flange also had to be increased.. again

Comment

• "NEW" inner doors have a warped bottom.

I see fiber glassing in my future.

Comment

• exciting stuff ......

cut, grind, fiberglass fiberglass, grind fiberglass

Comment

• but wait there's more.....

Sand, dyna glass, sand rage, rage

Came out pretty straight

Comment

• Definitely lots of tedious, repetitive work... but you're doing a great job.

Just a little trick in case you weren't aware: polyester resin doesn't stick to melamine, so when making large flat panels like your door bottoms, a 4' x 8' sheet of pressed wood with melamine on one side makes a perfect mold. Once cured, it's easy to lift off the new flat panel which can be cut to whatever shape you want. Your door bottoms would have been a perfect use for this trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloozberry View Post
                      Definitely lots of tedious, repetitive work... but you're doing a great job.

Just a little trick in case you weren't aware: polyester resin doesn't stick to melamine, so when making large flat panels like your door bottoms, a 4' x 8' sheet of pressed wood with melamine on one side makes a perfect mold. Once cured, it's easy to lift off the new flat panel which can be cut to whatever shape you want. Your door bottoms would have been a perfect use for this trick.
                      Bloozberry That is a great tip but I didnt have any at the time. What I used as polisocyanuarte foam covered in high temp release film. The foam cuts easily with a razor knife and I grated/sanded it down on one edge so it slid in between the metal frame and fiberglass door. Used some steel to firm it up.

Definitely use some melamine later in the build as it seems it would leave a smoother finish. The release film can wrinkle is it isnt pulled tight.

thanks!
                      Last edited by Simple Man; 01-29-2019, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Looking good. i certainly do not miss that glass and sand and glass and sand work. Makes a huge difference to the finished product but what a mess and boat load of work. I still find sanding dust on higher up surfaces in my garage and I haven't done any glassing in almost 4 years......

Keep it up as it will really make a big difference to the finished product.

Enjoy
                        Don

I also used a lot of heating duct aluminum tape. Works the same as Blooz noted about melamine. The tape would be used to seal some corners and edges etc. and be able to peal right off.
                        308 Ferrari replica
                        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Originally posted by Don View Post
                          Looking good. i certainly do not miss that glass and sand and glass and sand work. Makes a huge difference to the finished product but what a mess and boat load of work. I still find sanding dust on higher up surfaces in my garage and I haven't done any glassing in almost 4 years......

Keep it up as it will really make a big difference to the finished product.

Enjoy
                          Don

I also used a lot of heating duct aluminum tape. Works the same as Blooz noted about melamine. The tape would be used to seal some corners and edges etc. and be able to peal right off.
                          Thanks Don, gotta love the dust !!

Comment

• Made the upper frame for the door.

Test fitted the OEM inner sweeper and side channels.

I can see that some adjustments will have to be made steel door frame to get the it all to fit correctly

Comment

• Your work is simply amazing. Keep up with the updates.

Looking forward to seeing more
                              Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on www.PixelsBin.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by bangsters View Post
                                Your work is simply amazing. Keep up with the updates.

Looking forward to seeing more
                                thanks man!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X