No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I spent a lot of time making brackets and installing the track system that is sold by Jose from Spain, I think his user name is lambocars or something like that.

Long story short, The tracks system I received is junk. I have purchased a few fiberglass parts from him with no problems at all. Luckily I had a track system that other have used in these cars. My mistake for not firing up the Jose system earlier. oh well live and learn

Comment

• Starting over with a working window track..... for Way less coin!!

Modified the track, and used the original holder for the glass that came with the car.

When fully retracted about 2.5 inches stick up above the door.

Still have to make a mount for the motor.

But pretty happy how it came out

Comment

• Nice progress,

Comment

• Originally posted by rodrieguz View Post
          Nice progress,

Thanks man! but as you know the progress always seems too slow!!

Comment

• Took the door apart and prepped and painted the frame. While the paint was drying sorted out the Fiero power window wiring and added a couple of relays, worked out nice to be able to use the existing wiring

I have spent a lot of time on that work stool lately

Comment

• When Murci-Me let me pull a center console from the mold he had, I made a mold to make the console switch plate. It took me a while to locate the part yes that is PVA on the part

Added the Audi switch and replica switch frame. The wiring, relays, switch and motor all work great!

Comment

• Bonded the metal door frame to the inner door. Got a new set of tracks as the one from the pick n pull was rusted.

Got everything reinstalled and the new maxima track is waaay better. Now to work on getting the outer skin to fit correctly.

About 3.25 inches of glass stick up above the door sill

Comment

• Man that's a lot of work you've done. really awesome, its amazing how much work we put into our cars in areas that people will never see.. keep grinding away at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bodyman View Post
                    Man that's a lot of work you've done. really awesome, its amazing how much work we put into our cars in areas that people will never see.. keep grinding away at it.
                    Will do! thanks!

Comment

• While waiting on my window tracks. I made a sail panel mold and then made the part.

Pretty happy how it came out.

Comment

• Here is the handle set up

took a little work to clean it up.

Comment

• The outer skin when on the car is not in alignment with the body

The PO took a lot of fiberglass off the body to make it align with the old G28 door.

Also the NEW door skin needs to be lengthened by about 1/4 inch.

Grind, fiberglass, cure. Turn over, repeat.

Comment

• A test fit of the door..... skin fits a lot better. Getting there

Still have some adjustments to do, really ?

The horizontal body line that runs between the door and rear qtr panel, align nicely.

Comment

• Great job and attention to detail. Really nice work you are doing. Itís cool to follow along and watch the progress.

Comment

• Looking good man, I know what a pain it is to work out small details. They wind up taking a lot of time but are well worth it. Just makes you nit pick somewhere else lol

shem

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X