No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a flange on the qtr panel and scoop and welded up a frame for the NEW oil cooler and trimmed and fitted the wheel well liner.

Pretty happy how solid the oil cooler mount is and the way the wheel well liner looks

I need a piece of ABS 10.5 x 76 inches. this will be a cover and attach to the rocker and frame underneath to the car to give a clean look

Comment

• Nice!
      Is there some rubber isolation to the oil cooler mounting to prevent stress cracks?

Comment

• Originally posted by 20below View Post
        Nice!
        Is there some rubber isolation to the oil cooler mounting to prevent stress cracks?
        Yes, 1/4 inch rubber washers.

Comment

• looking good my friend. Steady as she goes.
          It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

• Trying to put to bed the wiring on the drivers door

ran about 18 wires into the door via a rubber grommet, then started to wire everything up.

Courtesy lights - door opens lights come on

Door Lock actuator

Comment

• Window motor wiring - My switch went bad and the connector cracked had a 118 mile round trip drive to a pick n pull. loaded all the connectors and switches they had .

https://youtu.be/yMtoEphTQXU

Side view mirror - had the thing working weeks ago. spent hours second guessing my catera to feiro to lambo chart. Long story short the wire on the drivers side had been cut by someone Ran some new wires and got them working

Also added an $8 mirror folding system. Here is a video.

https://youtu.be/bkCOIkax8fs

Need to add my interior actuator switch and to solder it all up

Fiero and Remote lock unlock and folding mirror system

Comment

• After finishing the door wiring, I moved on to the engine.

A shift system was purchased from Joe the fiero king and installed so you have to depress the brake pedal to before you can push into PNDR. It a nice set up and I'm glad I have it for the build!

Comment

• With The Fiero Kings shift system in I fired up the engine and it is running rich. Replaced the MAF, TPS and IAC sensors and adjusted the fuel pressure.

I wanted to run a scan but the Prior Owner removed the ALDL port

does anyone know the what PIN to wire up the ALDL port There are 4 wires unattached by the PCM

Comment

• ot a chart from Ryan at Sinister Performance LLC, a very helpful person.

http://www.gmtuners.com/files/Fiero_L67_PCM_wiring.pdf

With the PIN layout for for the OBDII port wires.

PIN 59 Purple wire was one of the cut loose wires
                    PIN 15 tan is MIA

Comment

• Awesome! great job, u r the man! Best I ever see

Comment

• Again hope t c more

Comment

• Originally posted by LLLPPP View Post
                          Again hope t c more
                          thanks LLLPPP!

Comment

• Well Having been down with injuries to both thumbs for 7 weeks, project REDO has been restarted

Finished the IDLA port and the wrapping of the wiring harness

Comment

• started on the engine hatch. The REDOs G28 hatch had seen batter dayz, so I went with an OEM replica.

The angles on the body are not right. The gap from the hatch to the body is 1/2 inch.

Fiberglass, and some sanding and the gap is 3/16 of and inch. Will use some dyna glass to dial it in later

Comment

• Nice work !!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X