No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As usual, your improvements to this car is just a pure work of art. Cant say enough good things about your build. Keep up the great work. Congrats on the milestone of moving the car under its own power. I know that has to feel great after all your labor of love thus far.
    It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
      As usual, your improvements to this car is just a pure work of art. Cant say enough good things about your build. Keep up the great work. Congrats on the milestone of moving the car under its own power. I know that has to feel great after all your labor of love thus far.
      Thanks for the encouraging comments! . Just keep chunking away at this, a little progress here, a little progress there.

Comment

• Spending some time tying up a few loose ends.
        Fixed the leaking transmission line, bled the Rad system. Adjusted the throttle cable, adjusted the brake light switch.

Then body work and flat black paint on the back side of the bat wings, and finished the gap work. For now anyways

Started to look at modifying the dash but decided to change directions to work on the HVAC

Comment

• Spending some time tying up a few loose end.
          Fixed the leaking transmission line, bled the Rad system. Adjusted the throttle cable, adjusted the brake light switch.

Then body work and flat black paint on the back side of the bat wings, and finished the gap work. For now anyways

Started to look at modifying the dash but decided to change directions to work on the HVAC

Comment

• well the REDO came with a groovy HVAC controller. Plugged it in and was surprised that actually controlled the zones of the system. Fan didn't come on.

Took off the cover to the Evaporator, more maple leaf seeds and mice poop than pictured. Took off the cover to the heater core more goo to clean.

Bench tested the blower fan an it is dead.

Parts ordered
            Blower
            Blower resistor module
            Heater core - didn't like the aftermarket one as it was a little smaller than OEM
            Two heater hoses for car with A/C

Cleaned up pretty nice.

Comment

• Heater core and Heater hoses came in and were installed. Cleaned up and painted the rusted parts in the heater box and various brackets. Installed new blower motor. Also flushed the evaporator before it was installed

Comment

• Tried to fire up the blower motor and no worky.

Started with the relay and it has power.

Deja vu on the wiring, Tape removed tells the tale.

Checked out the relay connector, lots of corrosion. Luckily was able to grab one from the parts car.

After the repairs tried the fan switch but still no worky.

Comment

• Merry Christmas!! I hope I get some expendable supplies for the REDO from Santa, I'm running low

Comment

• scored big and got an POS emoji phone charger from santa :santa How fitting for the REDO! :LL:

Fixed the hack job of wiring on the fan relay and now the fan switch works on all settings!

Was idling the car and a radiator hose had a slit in it and will require a replacement.

Comment

• Replaced the Rad hose that was leaking. Will look for a gates hose if it leaks again

My gal and I, cleaned out the shop, and washed down the floor.. Radiator fluid smell is pretty much gone.

A break in the weather and was able to cut off the passenger door skin. Hope to after the first of the year. Fun times ahead!

Comment

• Wanted to start on the passenger door in the first week of January but got side tracked.

First thing to fix is the A- Pillar . made some adjustments to the width to match the drivers side and add a flange for the weather strip.

Used the windshield as a guide for the flange.

Comment

• laid up some fiberglass to repair the weather strip flange in a few areas.

Installed the flange that was made, that runs along the A pillar.

Installed the weather strip.

On to the inner door skin!

Comment

• wow, your car really has come such a long ways. Keep at it my friend. Still love seeing your progress.
                            It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

• Yep, getting better and better every day!
                              Great to see some good ol' "stick-to-it-ness".

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
                                wow, your car really has come such a long ways. Keep at it my friend. Still love seeing your progress.

Thanks G35Mike!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X