G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 20below View Post
    Yep, getting better and better every day!
    Great to see some good ol' "stick-to-it-ness".
    thanks 20below! lol today my better half said she admired my perseverance while she was bringing me a snack

Comment

• thought about using the original inner door skin, but after 1 minute decided it was a POS

Comment

• the new inner door skin is warped on the bottom and had to be fixed as well as the front section.

also added csm on the insides to thicken areas that would be ground down on the reverse side.

good times!!

Last edited by Simple Man; 02-23-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• The second door actually going better, as I actually feel like I know what I'm doing... to some extent

At least not making the same mistakes.

Up next the upper door curvature and the window tracks

Comment

• really nice work. I dont know why it still surprises me how bad off this car was and how someone thought that was good replica.....
            It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

• Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
              really nice work. I dont know why it still surprises me how bad off this car was and how someone thought that was good replica.....
              LOL dont be surprised as the title of this build says it all "REDO" Good news is the car will have been gone through by the time Im done, If i get done

Comment

• Didnt get as far I wanted to as I had to work Saturday

Cut and fiber glassed to correct the curvature of the inner door.

While that was curing used 18 gauge made some tracks for the window

cut weld grind. Didnt have the touch this time when welding the thinner metal

Bent the upper inner side support.

Mounted the window motor, test fitted glass

Fiber glassed upper door .

On to the fiddly part, installing the inner window wipe and side tracks

Comment

• Comment

• How much of the original doors are really remaining at this point?

Comment

How much of the original doors are really remaining at this point?
                      ZERO,

No parts of the REDO's original doors are being reused, complete garbage. Even the inner steel frame..... it was unpainted and rusted. A lot of the frame was delaminating from the fiberglass inner door. You can see from earlier posts that the prior owner had the tendency to cake on Rage filler to up to 3/4 inch thick.

It was a mess.

Comment

• Got the car outside and started on the passenger rocker, waiting on a part for the passenger door.

Also have to REDO the Drivers rockers sitting to high in the rear

Comment

• Hey, it's seeing the light of day!
                          It's also nice to see some shots of the entire car so we can see how it is all coming together.
                          Looking good!

Comment

• I've been following this project for quite a while, and it's been interesting, I like your attention to detail correcting imperfections along the way
                            Here's a video of a guy and a shop altering his real lambo, might be of intrerest to you, especially the wide body alteration and what they're doing to blend it into the original body
                            D

Comment

Hey, it's seeing the light of day!
                              It's also nice to see some shots of the entire car so we can see how it is all coming together.
                              Looking good!
                              Thanks 20 below! It is a lot nicer to work on the REDO when it is outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dangerrous View Post
                                I've been following this project for quite a while, and it's been interesting, I like your attention to detail correcting imperfections along the way
                                Here's a video of a guy and a shop altering his real lambo, might be of intrerest to you, especially the wide body alteration and what they're doing to blend it into the original body
                                D

LOL Dangerrous, it has been interesting working on the REDO. But it is coming along.
                                The video link you mentioned isnt showing up/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X