G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Murcie Me View Post
    What are the two washers under the windshield for? Are you going to put a surface mount trim along the edge of windshield, along the sides and top?
    The washers equal 1/4 inch for the urethane and bring the windshield level with the body. I was going to use the Pep boys trim part number T3502C. as surface mount trim. I believe I saw a post where you mentioned it a few years back

What do you recommend for side trim as well as a procedure for mounting the surface trim in conjunction with the outer door skin?

thanks for your help!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloozberry View Post
      Is that one of the custom made extended windshields from several years ago? If so, does it bow downwards in the middle along the top? I have four of them on hand and every one is warped along the top edge.

Hello, its a standard oem nissan maxima windshield , lol my second one as the first has gotten trashed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
        Hello, its a standard oem nissan maxima windshield , lol my second one as the first has gotten trashed.
        OK thanks. So is the Maxima windshield an alternative to the Air Dynamics extended windshield, or are your A-pillars and header different dimensions (width/length) than Fiero?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloozberry View Post
          OK thanks. So is the Maxima windshield an alternative to the Air Dynamics extended windshield, or are your A-pillars and header different dimensions (width/length) than Fiero?

I'm not familiar with AD extended windshield. My body is a G28 and I believe the kit was made to use the maxima windshield. I don't think it is the same size as the fiero.

I could measure the maxima windshield if you like.
          lmk

Comment

• The AD windshield built for us way back in mid 2000's was targeted at the Ferrari replicas. The Murci screens have a different shape pretty much across all of it from the Fiero. The Fiero tops are also cut off for the Murci replicas so the original Fiero windscreen shape is not used.

Hope that helps.
            Cheers
            Don
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Its a ton of work to get the OEM side view mirror to work with the G28 door skin.

Wasn't happy with the way the body lines were from the door to the back of the car on the modified drivers side.

Had to cut the mounting system for the door handle and lower it 1/4 or so and welded it back together so the handle and lock aligns with the existing holes in the door skin.

After a bunch of this and that the door lines up better with the body.

Im still not 100% on the OEM mirrors on the G28 but Will move on to the passenger side.

Worse case scenario, I need 2 G28 door skins.

Comment

• The passenger door continues

Passenger OEM replica Rocker partially mounted. Have some fiber glassing to do

Comment

• passenger rocker

add foam, CSm for better panel alignment

Fibergalss the back side.

steel mounting frame for rocker

cut and adjust, cut and adjust, rocker panel

DYnaglass, sand, rage sand

Comment

• Well this new fangled web site isnt allowing me to copy my pictures fomr lamboclone.com. Dont have the time to figure what happened. But you can check my build out at http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topi...35894#msg35894 or not

Comment

• getting some error message. even trying to edit my post lol

Comment

• Morning. Let me look into the posting issues for pictures and get back to you. I will also update the bugs page.
                        308 Ferrari replica
                        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Don thank you ! still getting an error message and not working like it use to

Comment

• when the driver rocker (OEM Replica) was installed I did it wrong. It was a while ago and not sure what I was thinking. Some how I cut to much of the Quarter panel off. To fix this .....

Increase qtr panel by grinding backside of qtr panel and adding about 2-3 inches of CSM

Then Grind down the front and CSM

Dura glass and Rage. Good news Im getting pretty good at laying the duraglass on smoothly Bad news, my mistake took a ton of time to fix

Now the rockers matches the distance to the ground from side to side.

Comment

• thanks Don website working !!!

Comment

• One thing I noticed on the passenger side it the length of the OEM Replica rocker panel...seemed long

So I cut of the finished edge in the front of the rocker

the cut off the amount needed, to get the rear of the rocker where I wanted it to be

Then Grind, CSM flip Grind CSM grind CSM

dont forget to acetone !

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X