No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used the 3m panel bond, waited 24hours took the clamps off. Pretty happy how it came out, of course there is a ton on body work still to do on the door.

Comment

• Nice.
      Someone told me a good tip is to use the thick stir sticks from Home Depot under the clamps or vise grips to spread the force so as not to get dimples or low spots.

Comment

• now on to the qtr panels.

have some issues here, not sure if it is because these are roadster doors, but I did have to make quit a few adjustment to the doors to get them to work. OR possibly operator error, or a combo of the above, But whatever the cause have to make it work and look right

going to make a mold to make the part to either cover the existing mess or come from below. gotta think about it.

Comment

• Problems - The REdo has modified OEM replica sized batwings The bat wings are not as wide as the G28 batwings. This leave about a two inch gap that has to be filled

The Door skins are from Carl in RI and are a bit different than the G28 doors. this difference is makes the top of the door stick out by about 3/8.

Plus the top of the qtr panel about mid point has a hump. Not sure how this is, but it is

Comment

• Made part for top of Qtr panel,

3m 08115, yeah I spread the glue before clamping

CSM after Clamps removed and CSM underneath where I could reach

Duraglass,

Rage Gold

Comment

• sanding and sanding.

Still a ways to go but progress

Comment

• door gaps, a little tight but good for now

Comment

• made some headway on the body work today

Comment

• taking a look at the side shot of the REDO vs OEM, The angle of the scoop seemed off.

cut off some material sanded, refit, cut off some more sanded etc, until the angle seem right.

Made a flange on the Qtr panel to affix scoop,

Comment

• You're throwing together some amazing craftsmanship. That is a ton of work.

bob
                      Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                      http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by RCR View Post
                        You're throwing together some amazing craftsmanship. That is a ton of work.

bob
                        Thanks Bob! yes it has been a lot of work but I enjoy it!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X