Clear All

So The obamination is cut out.

Metal plates used to secure piece.

Fiber glassed from the rear

Dremel tool used to "V" front side and screw holes

Dyna Glass

Rage gold

primer

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

So the fuel filler line was a REDO as well

Used filler line for sale !! Cheap, Beautiful!!

Purchased flexible fuel filler line form "Filler Neck Supply" . The line was wrapped in Heat reflective fiberglass tape.

The over powering smell of gasoline in my shop is gone!!

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

The area by the gas tank inlet is a REDO as well. The way it was cut, left jagged metal that was rubbing and quite abrasive on the fuel filler line.

More metal was cutout and a grinder used. Rubber edge trim was purchased from McMaster Carr, to cover the metal edge and protect the new fuel filler line

Next!
        Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Another REDO is the radiators. Currently the cooling setup is in the front of the car.

Yes the trunk lid is a REDO....so is the hinge, the wiper mounting bracket, the headlight wiring.........

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Simple man;

Looks good and you are cleaning up the suspect areas. Looks good.

One item I would recommend you do in the future when replacing pieces like you did on the gas filler. I wasn't sure by the pics but it looks like you glassed the piece in from the back and then body filled the pieces together on the front side. If that is, indeed, how you did it, I would recommend that you also grind about a 1" wide groove over the two mating pieces on the out er face and lay down some mat over the joint. This will ensure you have solid coverage over the joint and you don't end up with cracking down the road. I had a buddy do the glass from behind and then filler over the front and when he took it out to a show in the hot sun, his square filler piece showed up through the paint.

The pieces will eventually crack if you just use filler. Not sure what you did specifically as the pictures did not detail closely but if not, I recommend going with the process I explain above. If you did, sorry for missing it and carry on...

Cheers
            Don
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
              Simple man;

Looks good and you are cleaning up the suspect areas. Looks good.

One item I would recommend you do in the future when replacing pieces like you did on the gas filler. I wasn't sure by the pics but it looks like you glassed the piece in from the back and then body filled the pieces together on the front side. If that is, indeed, how you did it, I would recommend that you also grind about a 1" wide groove over the two mating pieces on the out er face and lay down some mat over the joint. This will ensure you have solid coverage over the joint and you don't end up with cracking down the road. I had a buddy do the glass from behind and then filler over the front and when he took it out to a show in the hot sun, his square filler piece showed up through the paint.

The pieces will eventually crack if you just use filler. Not sure what you did specifically as the pictures did not detail closely but if not, I recommend going with the process I explain above. If you did, sorry for missing it and carry on...

Cheers
              Don
              Thanks for the tip Don. I would say the area was about 3/4 inch in total that was "V'd" out. I used dyna glass with a little bit of .75 oz strand. So maybe not wide enough? Maybe that is a REDO too
              T

Comment

I'm not really into Lambo cars, but I've enjoyed your build thread. You even got me to visit the Lamboclone site to look at the photos.

By the way, thank you for mentioning the Filler Neck website. For some reason, when they originally built my Testarossa kit, the didn't put the gas filler door in the rear wing... I have to open the rear engine lid to access the fuel cap.

So, that is on my list of things to build. I have been trying to figure out how to extend the fuel filler line up by nearly a foot. I didn't realize there is a website devoted to fuel filler parts! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbdo View Post
                  I'm not really into Lambo cars, but I've enjoyed your build thread. You even got me to visit the Lamboclone site to look at the photos.

By the way, thank you for mentioning the Filler Neck website. For some reason, when they originally built my Testarossa kit, the didn't put the gas filler door in the rear wing... I have to open the rear engine lid to access the fuel cap.

So, that is on my list of things to build. I have been trying to figure out how to extend the fuel filler line up by nearly a foot. I didn't realize there is a website devoted to fuel filler parts! lol
                  Im Glad you like my build thread!! Thanks!!

Comment

Been down with the flu for a week.... just going to work and coming home and vegging. Still waiting on the rest of my suspension from Arraut which was ordered January 9th.

But was able to get the rear radiators installed not much else.

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Also got the steering rack cleaned up and boots and stabilizer replaced.

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:21 PM.

Comment

That looks brand new. Well done.
                        [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
                          That looks brand new. Well done.
                          Thank you!

Comment

Went with the ZZP SS headers. From what I read, prior to ordering, they didnt have the fitment issues of the Pace Setter product.

Well what do you know, the internet was correct this time , there were no fitment issues.

I will get the inside and outside ceramic coated, while I wait for my spindles and brakes from Arruat.
                            Talked to Richard today and he just ordered the parts.

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Been pretty sick and havent done a thing on the car... o

Thanks to Murci Me for the very useful information on the switches for the dash. With some semi-translucent buttons they will work out great!!

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

ZZP headers and OEM crossover are back from the ceramic coating place.
                                really turned out nice

Like them better than the raw stainless.

e

Last edited by Simple Man; 08-19-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X