No announcement yet.

G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the information on tip sizes. I was wondering what tip to try for feather fill with my turbine air HVLP. Looks like that should sand out really flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by AjzRide View Post
      Thanks for the information on tip sizes. I was wondering what tip to try for feather fill with my turbine air HVLP. Looks like that should sand out really flat.
      Glad to help! I sprayed the Featherfill G2, I started sanding the front trunk hatch and the black once sanded turns grey, So there is no need for a guide coat
      Last edited by Simple Man; 08-30-2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Sprayed some FFG2 on the REDO. Nice to see it in one color.

Black is a great color to ID areas that need some additional work.

Plan is to block and fix the obvious issues.

Then spray FFG2, block again then move to 2k primer.

FYI all the individual pieces are just placed on the car and not mounted

Comment

• Yes! Always such a transformative thing to see a project all in one color as you say.
          Is Featherfill G2 one of the best coatings to go over raw fiberglass?

Comment

• Originally posted by 20below View Post
            Yes! Always such a transformative thing to see a project all in one color as you say.
            Is Featherfill G2 one of the best coatings to go over raw fiberglass?
            FFG2 works great over raw fiberglass, but the REDO didnt have a lot of raw fiberglass exposed. Most of the FFG2 will end up on the floor during the blocking process.

from TDS

Feather Fill G2 is a high solids polyester primer surfacer that is VOC compliant.
            It is specially designed to hold down body repair areas and provide an excellent foundation for any paint system.
            It has excellent adhesion to fiberglass, SMC, body filler and wood surfaces.
            SUBSTRATES:  Fiberglass  SMC  Rigid Plastics  Body Filler or Putty  Epoxy Primer  Self-Etch Primer (extends dry-to-sand time.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X