No announcement yet.

volvo p1800 into ferrari 275gtb spyder: v12, 5spd, tube chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Don! That seems to always be the case!

Comment

Your doing an amazing job. this is such a cool project.

Comment

Wow and I thought I was in deep with my project . . . . . GREAT job 275NART!

Comment

Thanks Mera and bodyman. I did a little trimming yesterday and got the engine to sit back and down where I want it.

Comment

Wow, I love build threads like this. I don't post much, but I absorb everything. I learn so much from watching guys like you. Please keep up the excellent work.

It's guys like you and Don that make it bearable for those of us who would be taking on such a challenge if we had the time or money. Maybe one day...

Comment

Originally posted by mlochala View Post
              Wow, I love build threads like this. I don't post much, but I absorb everything. I learn so much from watching guys like you. Please keep up the excellent work.

It's guys like you and Don that make it bearable for those of us who would be taking on such a challenge if we had the time or money. Maybe one day...
              Boy does that go ditto for me!!!
              [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

clearance is tight! Going to be fun making the driver's side mount especially.

Comment

Originally posted by mlochala View Post

Thank you both!

Originally posted by G35Mike View Post
                  Boy does that go ditto for me!!!

Comment

Made the mounts. Although it took a while it was a lot more straight forward than I thought it could be.

Final test fit

Comment

tacked into place

set into place with only 4 small tacks per mount. Well that's reassurance that I can burn in strong welds! I need to fill my argon tank before I can finish the welds.

Comment

Always a great feeling when the engine is sitting in place! It looks like you're using even less of that P1800 the further you go. Oh well, it provided a good starting place and it certainly looks like you have the skills to build the rest of the car around it
                        Joel Heinke
                        Be original; don't be afraid of being bold!

Comment

275NART...There is still time to make a small change & buy this engine....Come on...It's not THAT expensive!

[URL]https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011584922711[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by C5GTO View Post
                            Always a great feeling when the engine is sitting in place! It looks like you're using even less of that P1800 the further you go. Oh well, it provided a good starting place and it certainly looks like you have the skills to build the rest of the car around it
                            Haha yeah that's kind of my thinking at this point. I could have started from scratch but hey it saved a good bit of time and money at least. I've also been reading and watching metal shaping videos. I think I will get a cheap-o wheel to do the trans tunnel and see if I can get the hang of it, then maybe get a nice rig if it works out favorably.

Comment

Originally posted by IKAROS View Post
                              275NART...There is still time to make a small change & buy this engine....Come on...It's not THAT expensive!

Wow. Some serious technology in that lump!

Comment

Wow 275! I'm away from the forum for a spell and suddenly a NART Spyder appears before my eyes from no where ha ha!!! You are modest about your welding skills, but my goodness are those super nice welds! My brother is a welder and let me have a go at repairing my Countach aluminum wheel insert with his Tig, and I failed to get the hang of it, gave up and let him do it! I'll have to try again. It's great to see you moving along so well. Cheers! Eddy
                                Last edited by Fast Eddy; 07-08-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X