Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Hall
    replied
    I am excited to see an update regarding this build as well. It's been a while since I've seen wire wheels, it's not easy to find a set nowadays. I try to check 4WheelOnline but it's not available.
    Last edited by Just Hall; 10-19-2021, 07:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• C5GTO
    replied
    Originally posted by 275NART View Post

I have been working on several other projects! I'm promising myself to get back on it soon. If anyone is skilled at slicing a 3d model to make 2d buck sections (actually just to use as a template for forming the wire frame buck) and would like to help feel free to reach out!
    I had Dan Palatnik ( dan.palat@gmail.com ) do the 3D modeling, model slicing, and station buck modeling work for my Miura project. He's very good at this and was reasonably priced. I had all the buck stations cut from birch plywood from the CNC instructions Dan provided back to me. The station buck has been extremely helpful for my build project.

Joel

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    Originally posted by AdrianBurton View Post
    THIS NEEDS AN UPDATE!!!!! I love this build
    I have been working on several other projects! I'm promising myself to get back on it soon. If anyone is skilled at slicing a 3d model to make 2d buck sections (actually just to use as a template for forming the wire frame buck) and would like to help feel free to reach out!

Leave a comment:

• AdrianBurton
    replied
    THIS NEEDS AN UPDATE!!!!! I love this build

Leave a comment:

• patriciadwyer
    replied
    Guys, you did incredible work the cars look incredible! I can only imagine the feeling that you have while driving. It is something new and at the same time old. This car remembers me of my grandpa's car. Even the color is pretty the same. You know I'm looking now for a car to buy and I was thinking about subaru cars. I even found a site with different models and the one that I stopped was the model BRZ. But now I think that I'll change my mind and I would like to buy such an amazing car. What do you think about this?
    Last edited by patriciadwyer; 10-02-2020, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• C5GTO
    replied
    Great progress!! I hope you get back to this project soon.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Wow lots of progress. Looks great

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied

seam sealed the interior floor for now

installing the front end and engine

Next up I AM starting on the body buck. But this project is taking a back seat for a few more months while I finish an engine swap/refresh in another car I have.

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied

Painting the chassis, firewall and interior floor

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    I made some progress a while back but neglected to post. This was tedious work but it had to be done. I decided to add some gussets from the rear frame crossmember that would tie in to the strut tower area/frame rails.

Next I prepped the whole floor, top and bottom to remove any paint, surface rust, and factory undercoating.

Priming, seam sealing, undercoating

Leave a comment:

• luke.jenner
    replied
    Yes please - this build is epic!

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    Originally posted by Don View Post
    275NART;

Any updates on this very cool build?

Cheers
    Don
    Hey Don,

I have made some progress- Floors inside primed and seam sealed, floors underneath seam sealed and undercoated, engine bay painted, engine back in, front coil overs installed... I'll post some update photos this coming week.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    275NART;

Any updates on this very cool build?

Cheers
    Don

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    Thank's y'all! I'm eager to get going on the body

Leave a comment:

• TDW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bloozberry View Post
    Wow! Lookin' good!
    Seconded! Fantastic build....and documentation....thank you.

Sooooo many skilled, talented builders out there....I feel very fortunate to have access to this site that lets their art be shown.

Keep up the great job....and the updates!
    Last edited by TDW; 10-29-2019, 08:22 PM. Reason: Spelling....Lets without an apostrophe is the third-person singular form of the verb let, meaning “to allow or permit”: She l

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X