Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A4 to R8 spyder replica - yes i know its not been done before!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A4 to R8 spyder replica - yes i know its not been done before!

Hello everyone. My names Terry, iv been into cars from a young age and have a dad who is a mechanic, also learnt over the past few year the painting side (still amateur)

Iv build some cars over the years including and rs cosworth replica, mr2 TRD replica. RS TT Replica, Supra widebody, 200 sx widebody. But this time im going even bigger, even further.....

So last year i had this mad idea about building an R8 Syder...

why an R8 spyder? well there sexual but very expensive cars, i love the flow of the lines, and wouldn't need to do much smoothing to make it perfect.

The end goal is to get it looking like this....

http://carsjournals.com/wp-content/u...Spyder-car.jpg

Comment

So over the past year iv accumulated all the genuine panels, thats the bonnet, bumpers, doors, sideskirts, boot lid, engine lid, rr lights, front lights, and lots of odd bits.

Comment

ill uploadpics of what iv managed to do so far.... along with the A4 i purchased in February and have started removing all the original panels
        Last edited by Vampire; 08-21-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

some of the previous projects[
          IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

the goal of the next project
            Last edited by Vampire; 10-15-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Sorry my friend, Photobucket won't work unless you pay for their third party sharing.
              [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

so the first to do was find a car with the same wheel plan, and after hunting around, i found 1!

added the front sections, 20"bs alloys, and also got a porsche roof for when i get rid of the softtop
                Last edited by Vampire; 10-15-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

so the car is currently midtrial fit stage, but i have all the parts so its just a case of spending some time on it and making some progress

Comment

Welcome ! We can't see the pics so use a phot service like Flickr or imgur

Comment

I keep looking at the R8 Spyder and thinking that it looks somehow a bit strange, I love the R8 Coupe lines but they f'd up the rear end imho, where the cover is for the roof is just a bit mehhhhh
                      If you look at the A4 Cab and an R8 coupe the body looks like it would work really well as a 5 seat car as the A4 cab has an almost flat section for the roof panel.
                      I wonder if it would be possible to mash up the body lines of the R8 coupe on to the A4 cab and see how it looks? would be awesome to have R8 looks on a car that can take your family out for the day and also possibly look better than Audi managed with the R8 spyder as you have not got to worry about the rear mounted engine messing with your lines etc.

Comment

Hey buddy. Pics are not loading. You can try uploading via PixelsBin
                        Last edited by bangsters; 08-23-2017, 09:12 AM.
                        Posted via HTC or Windows 10. Images hosted on [url]www.PixelsBin.com[/url].

Comment

Originally posted by pinincoupe View Post
                          I keep looking at the R8 Spyder and thinking that it looks somehow a bit strange, I love the R8 Coupe lines but they f'd up the rear end imho, where the cover is for the roof is just a bit mehhhhh
                          If you look at the A4 Cab and an R8 coupe the body looks like it would work really well as a 5 seat car as the A4 cab has an almost flat section for the roof panel.
                          I wonder if it would be possible to mash up the body lines of the R8 coupe on to the A4 cab and see how it looks? would be awesome to have R8 looks on a car that can take your family out for the day and also possibly look better than Audi managed with the R8 spyder as you have not got to worry about the rear mounted engine messing with your lines etc.

I think an audi TT is a better donor choice

Comment

Is this gonna be mid engine ? -Vinny
                            Remember, there is always next year.

Comment

I looked at doing an Audi R8 body on the current 914 Porsche build I am doing. Making it about 8/10ths scale. I have an Audi 2.7 bi turbo and it bolts directly up to a 2007 Cayman S 6 speed transmission using the stock Audi RS4 clutch. Early 2000's 4.2 V8 will bolt up as well. In the end I am leaning more towards a 918 RSR shape since I am starting with a Porsche body. But the Audi TT is about 96.5" wheel base and cab forward enough to go mid engine. Just a few thoughts to share.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X