Morgan replica problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morgan replica problems

New to the forum. Building a 1958 Morgan plus 4 replica. Have my motor, trans, rear end, interior, and misc accessories.... Only thing i cant figure out is the correct body dimensions. Cant find any body parts for sale online that i can get a start from. Wanted to build a body buck so i could modify it as nessicary. Anyone know where to start?? Want to make it as accurate as possible.
    Last edited by Morganplus4; 09-15-2017, 11:05 PM. Reason: Spelling edit

i can cnc machine you an accurate plug.

Comment

My father has a '60 +4 4 seater and I may be able to get dimensions for you. Have you started with blueprints that may be found online?

Comment

Havent found any accurate blueprints online. Care to point me in the right direction?? And yes dimensions would be lovely. Ncrazyballa.... Care to elaborate??

Comment

Originally posted by Morganplus4 View Post
          Havent found any accurate blueprints online. Care to point me in the right direction?? And yes dimensions would be lovely. Ncrazyballa.... Care to elaborate??
          Morgan Sportscar in AutoCAD, OBJ, and Solidworks, ready for plug cutting, Grabcad.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Morganplus4 View Post
            I can take a computer model of the car, and machine a plug of it out of styrofoam for mold making. here are some examples of plugs ive done. and yes there is a computer model available of the car your are looking to do.

Last edited by ncrazyballa; 09-16-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

im located in the U.S. near chicago, illinois. my number is 7084151276, email is nate@inspireautomotive.us. you can private message me here or call/email me if youre interested.

Comment

Called you and left a message. You can also text that number that called you if it works out better.

Comment

As the voice mail said, im available most days after noon and on mondays all day. Can call or text from that number.

Comment

Looking for frame dimensions. Found the morgan parts catalogue. So original body can be bought... But the frame from them is a bit out of my price range. Have great pictures of the frame and a good place to start but no idea on the exact dimensions.

Comment

When you say frame do you mean the wooden frame for the body or the metal chassis?

Comment

Originally posted by 275NART View Post
                        When you say frame do you mean the wooden frame for the body or the metal chassis?
                        I am confused too but I thought a Morgan chassis frame was laminated wood, unique to the automotive industry. I am not sure that if dimensions were available it could be replicated by a conventional steel chassis construction.

Comment

It is metal with wood. Metal for strength, wood for structure. Just looking for dimensions

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X