Electric Supercar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post

Thanks for the comment Don. At first I was planning on just using them as final pieces. Now I am not certain. I will keep researching.
    Morning. I was mentioning the molding process as you have laid several layers on to the top of the tape and then a lot more filler etc. which will make the flares fairly hefty in the end. One of the other ideas of flares is that in the very unfortunate event you cut a corner in a parking lot too close etc. and you catch a flare, you have a mold to make a new one. They are a bit wider than the rest of the side of the car so a small chance of that. I usually make the bucks as you have done and make sure they are close to perfect as you can get them and then paint to get a nice sealed surface and then mold off that. Makes for a very nice mold that won't take much to clean up the final parts and then you also have final parts that will have very little bodywork and a lot lighter.

Your method will definitely also work as you are making one offs so if you are not up for the additional molding then by all means carry on that way.

Keep up the work and the car is really coming together.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Originally posted by Don View Post

Morning. I was mentioning the molding process as you have laid several layers on to the top of the tape and then a lot more filler etc. which will make the flares fairly hefty in the end. One of the other ideas of flares is that in the very unfortunate event you cut a corner in a parking lot too close etc. and you catch a flare, you have a mold to make a new one. They are a bit wider than the rest of the side of the car so a small chance of that. I usually make the bucks as you have done and make sure they are close to perfect as you can get them and then paint to get a nice sealed surface and then mold off that. Makes for a very nice mold that won't take much to clean up the final parts and then you also have final parts that will have very little bodywork and a lot lighter.

Your method will definitely also work as you are making one offs so if you are not up for the additional molding then by all means carry on that way.

Keep up the work and the car is really coming together.

Cheers
      Don
      Thanks for the insights!

Comment

• I think that electro cars are our future. I am sure that in the future all public transport will be electric and approximately 50 % of private cars will be electric and hybrid. I am sure that Tesla will be and will remain the top company in this business and for sure it will have a lot of competitors. I have recently found https://www.palmgear.com/best-rv-tv-antenna-reviews/ ... they have different reviews and guides about everything. For sure you will find a review about you are looking.
        Last edited by abellay; 11-23-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Starting work on the front lip and taillights

https://youtu.be/55BS2qDHOiY

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X