Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric SuperCar
    replied
    Ya, I will not be using stock tesla tires. Definitely will not fit. thanks for the thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• XS_Motorworks
    replied
    Cool...that should work. Another thing I was thinking about is tire height. Not sure if your aware but Tesla use a tire that is 28 inch tail. Not sure if it matters much but I would think going with a small size tire might effect your range (not sure what your thinking for a battery pack). Just something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• Electric SuperCar
    replied
    Tesla motor should be shipped in the next 30 days. Yes, Tesla motor is very wide, from rotor to rotor measurement is 66". Unless I can find some exotic wheels with +70 offset , my plan is to widen the fenders

Leave a comment:

• XS_Motorworks
    replied
    ESC,

Do you have the Tesla motor yet? It just so happens I have a K1 and a Tesla motor. The reason I bring this up is I am not sure the two will fit together. The Tesla motor is VERY wide, as matter of fact the Tesla is 1 inch wider then a Corvette. I'm also building a car based on the Tesla drive train. If your interested in what I am doing you can find my videos here. https://www.youtube.com/c/XSMotorWorks

Cheers,
    Brian
    Last edited by XS_Motorworks; 06-24-2019, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AdrianBurton
    replied
    Originally posted by 76mx View Post
    ESC, my suggestion would be to seek the suggestion of your brake manufacturer. I think you have bigger issues than a proportioning valve, and they should have already provided the answers. But in their defense, did you ask them what you needed or did you tell them that you wanted "The biggest that would fit my application"? As a manufacturer, it is much easier to sell you what you want than it is to educate you about what you need. However, again as a manufacturer, it is a more pleasant experience to help you design something that works instead of selling you something that is destined for failure. I do not mean to sound critical, I bring this up because this same example can be used on any number of parts on any number of builds, and I hope this concept is useful to you in the future as well as others. Good luck with the rest of your build and use the wealth of information available from the component manufacturers.

VERY WELL SAID!!!! Some time re-inventing the wheel can be expensive at best, or deadly at worse

Leave a comment:

• 76mx
    replied
    ESC, my suggestion would be to seek the suggestion of your brake manufacturer. I think you have bigger issues than a proportioning valve, and they should have already provided the answers. But in their defense, did you ask them what you needed or did you tell them that you wanted "The biggest that would fit my application"? As a manufacturer, it is much easier to sell you what you want than it is to educate you about what you need. However, again as a manufacturer, it is a more pleasant experience to help you design something that works instead of selling you something that is destined for failure. I do not mean to sound critical, I bring this up because this same example can be used on any number of parts on any number of builds, and I hope this concept is useful to you in the future as well as others. Good luck with the rest of your build and use the wealth of information available from the component manufacturers.

Leave a comment:

• Electric SuperCar
    replied
    I hear you. Thanks for the advice. I will have to do some more research and come up with a plan. Any suggestions are welcome.

Leave a comment:

• 76mx
    replied
    ESC, I know very little about your build, but in spite of that I am confident of a few things. 1) A Honda Civic master cylinder has less than a one inch bore and very little stroke, and is nowhere close to the volume required for those brakes. 2) Replacing it with a single one inch bore is still nowhere close. 3) Your brake manufacturer should be able to tell you exactly what MC (probably plural, what MC's) you need. 4) Since you say the MC is scheduled for an upgrade, the question about valving for this MC is a mute point. 5) Txbuilder is right, that is a good choice, but with that one you have to guess both bore sizes right the first time and there is no provision except valving for fine tuning. It is an easy replacement though. More difficult but possibly a better solution is the Wilwood pedal assembly that uses two separate MC's. You have the ability to select and change both MC's independently as well as a balance bar that eliminates the need for a proportioning valve. 6) The size of those overkill brakes and rotors is actually hurting your performance ability for a 2,000lb Supercar application.
    Last edited by 76mx; 06-23-2019, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• txbuilder
    replied
    If your master cylinder is above the wheel cylinders all you need is a proportioning valve to adjust front to rear balance. Wilwood tandem master cylinder #260-8794 works well for most applications.

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post
    Great comments guys. The master cylinder is definitely on the upgrade list. What size bore would you think? 1"? or bigger?
    What are the brakes from? Factory brakes, if so from what car? Or aftermarket like wilwood, baer etc? I'm assuming you will do manual brakes? Electric power steering rack or column?

Leave a comment:

• Electric SuperCar
    replied
    Great comments guys. The master cylinder is definitely on the upgrade list. What size bore would you think? 1"? or bigger?

Leave a comment:

• 76mx
    replied
    Originally posted by 275NART View Post
    I guess I'm wondering then how does a civic BMC move enough fluid for 4x 4pot calipers?
    Exactly what I was wandering. How was the selection of a Honda Civic master cylinder made for the giant calipers shown in your video? I think until you get some fluid moving, valving is just not an issue.

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    I guess I'm wondering then how does a civic BMC move enough fluid for 4x 4pot calipers?

Leave a comment:

• Electric SuperCar
    replied
    I have 4 piston calipers at all 4 corners. The biggest that would fit my application. Plenty of stopping power for ~2000-lb car. My question was about the valving. Are you suggesting BMC instead of typical valving?

Leave a comment:

• 275NART
    replied
    Why not bigger brakes and BMC if it's a supercar? A 6 piston/4 piston CTSV brake setup could be done under $1000 (+ aftermarket pedal box with BMC)

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X