• Dialing in suspension and wiring the on-board charger

https://youtu.be/2PQJuokReoU

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture4.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	476028

Comment

• Seems like the last few videos you have been chasing down electrical demons. I know that has to be frustrating but seeing the car move under its own power has to be giving you that needed boost to keep going. Keep it up, the car is looking seriously impressive.

I did have a question that I thought I would post here thinking it might just get lost in the YouTube comments. Just wondering why you chose not to make the passenger seat adjustable like the drivers? You may have stated this in one of the videos and if so Im sorry to have you repeat it.

Also, did your kit come with a dash piece that you will be able to mount your gauge cluster into. I know you mentioned there was a center console, so I assume there is a dash as well. If so, any though to how the cluster will be mounted?

Regarding the seats, are the buckets just for framing that will be padded and covered later?

Lastly, is there any sort of top that would go on the car or is this a fair weather driving car only? The design didn't look like like it was made for a hard or removable top, but I was wondering if there was a fabric / removable top that went on?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just my curiosity was getting the best of me and now that you were getting close to the next phase of your build I thought it was better to ask now than when you were neck deep in the electrical part.

Like I said, before, I am closely following and enjoying your build very much. Looking forward to future updates.
        It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

• Questions are always welcomed and encouraged.

As far as the seating arrangement...the car itself does not have a great deal of room. I felt the driver needs to have fine adjustment for pedals and steering wheel position. The passenger, I thought would want as much room as they can get, so I mounted it all the way back.

There is a dash piece. As far as mounting, this car does not really have instructions or mounting points, so I will have to figure that one out soon.

The seats are designed to have padding added.

Name:	K1-attack_interior.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	476038

I did order a hard top. This will need to be figured out, but much later.

Name:	3540926852_d643c0e0a1_b.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	476039

Comment

• I appreciate you taking the time to answer my crazy questions. The hard top in the last picture looks awesome but I understand that you are still working out more of the functional issues at the moment. Please keep the updates coming. I have really been enjoying your build.

Oh and one more thing, the new into to your videos, very nice. The old one wasn't terrible in my opinion, but this new one is nice.
            It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr

Comment

• High Voltage Systems (kinda) Working

https://youtu.be/Zhh1q7wurts

Name:	Capture6.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	476060

Comment

• Problems, problems, and more Problems

We find brake lines leaking. We find the steering rack leaking. The controller will not boot up. And we might need a new radiator. Sigh...

https://youtu.be/V4HHwKF0SJc

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	476088

Comment

• Fixing some of those pesky problems

https://youtu.be/7xYo8Ymqv2g

Views:	48
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	476239

Comment

• Is my car broken?

https://youtu.be/_uV-PehRB1U

Controller will not talk to the inverter

Views:	39
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	476349

Comment

• Controller will still not talk to the inverter.

Moving on to the center console

https://youtu.be/7W6LrKNYnko

Views:	23
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	476375

Comment

• I'm not sure why you don't get more people commenting on your build. Personally I haven't been following on here as much as your videos on YouTube, but I find your build seriously interesting and I am looking forward to each upload as if its an on going TV show for me. I suppose its neither here nor there.

I know things have been getting difficult for you with the controller and inverter and gold pins versus tin pins and so on, but keep at it, all these issues makes you stronger in your knowledge of how your car works and if anything happens down the road, you will be the full most authority on how to go about fixing it.

Comment

• Thanks G35Mike

I love comments. Maybe I am doing the whole forum thing wrong. I am posting about my build but not very many comments. If a picture is worth a thousand words, I figure a video is worth a million. I don't know, maybe I am giving off the vibe not to comment. Being new to the whole car building thing, I love learning from others.

Comment

• I don't feel your doing anything wrong at all. The lack of comments might be that people are still not that familiar with how an electric car really works.

Let me shoot you a few suggestions.

There is a guy called Rich who runs a YouTube channel called Rich rebuilds. A lot of what he does is rebuilds broken Tesla's. He is really knowledgeable about those systems and how the should function. He recently opened a garage called the Electrified Garage to work on electric cars or Tesla's specifically. I would look into how to contact him, he may be able to help you identify where the issues your having are and walk you through how to resolve them.

He also has contacts within the electric car community where people have used Tesla motors in very much the same way you have been. He has one video where he met up with a guy running another garage who has been putting Tesla motors in just about anything and has a seriously fast electric BMW which I think is using a Tesla motor. I could be wrong about that though.

Check into how to contact Rich through his YouTube channel or perhaps at the Electrified Garage where he has a few guys who really know how Tesla motors and cars work and they may just be the best way to hunt down your electrical demons and snuff them out.

Best of luck, I'm still here following along with your build. I hope this information helps you.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X