Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric Supercar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AjzRide View Post
    I'm still catching up on your videos, but if you are still having trouble with the electronics, reach out to XS Motorworks, he has commented on your videos a few times and he has an EV guru helping him with a scratch built EV supercar.
    Thanks for your comment, I have connected with his EV guru. At this point, I am afraid that the problem is pretty specific to the controller. So working with the people who made the controller seems like my best bet for now. If it seems like it is more of an inverter problem, then it opens it up to a few more people. We will see.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post

      Thanks for your comment, I have connected with his EV guru. At this point, I am afraid that the problem is pretty specific to the controller. So working with the people who made the controller seems like my best bet for now. If it seems like it is more of an inverter problem, then it opens it up to a few more people. We will see.
      Hopefully the group that made your controller isn't two guys in a garage. In my line of work we run into those types of operations all the time when we start looking to talk to proprietary devices.

      Comment


      • Trying another fiberglass panel

        https://youtu.be/mmix6kYmSQw

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	476451

        Comment


        • I'm caught up with the videos and the thread. Your lack of comments here is probably because all of the content is on youtube, so you are getting your comments there. From my experience (i'm on my 3rd build) o get comments on the forum, it's best to have the content you want discussed here without having to go elsewhere. Also, if many people are like me, they browse the forums at times they can't watch videos (multitasking during a boring zoom meeting, in a waiting room, eating alone at a restaurant but forgot your headphones etc) so they can't watch the video and then post up the comments. I suggest keeping your build log in youtube video, but if you have specific questions or need help, post short clips or pictures here on the forum and you will probably get a better response.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AjzRide View Post
            I'm caught up with the videos and the thread. Your lack of comments here is probably because all of the content is on youtube, so you are getting your comments there. From my experience (i'm on my 3rd build) o get comments on the forum, it's best to have the content you want discussed here without having to go elsewhere. Also, if many people are like me, they browse the forums at times they can't watch videos (multitasking during a boring zoom meeting, in a waiting room, eating alone at a restaurant but forgot your headphones etc) so they can't watch the video and then post up the comments. I suggest keeping your build log in youtube video, but if you have specific questions or need help, post short clips or pictures here on the forum and you will probably get a better response.
            Good advice!

            Comment


            • Tesla Inverter Teardown

              https://youtu.be/6eQmNvpEH_U

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	476493

              Comment


              • I know it's frustrating fighting through this, but you are doing great. Having to disassemble half the car to work on one thing is just part of having a kit-car. If you were building a factory five and had followed the manual, half of your car would have been riveted together by now and you would have spent two hours drilling out rivets (ask me how I know). There is a probability that the only thing wrong with the board is the can bus chip. The controller vendor already confirmed that the chip was bad on their board, whatever fried it could have easily fried the Tesla side as well.

                Comment


                • It seems like you are having a tough and good time with this project. I wish you success in your work and make sure to keep us posted with the progress. I can't wait to see how it will turn out.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AjzRide View Post
                    I know it's frustrating fighting through this, but you are doing great. Having to disassemble half the car to work on one thing is just part of having a kit-car. If you were building a factory five and had followed the manual, half of your car would have been riveted together by now and you would have spent two hours drilling out rivets (ask me how I know). There is a probability that the only thing wrong with the board is the can bus chip. The controller vendor already confirmed that the chip was bad on their board, whatever fried it could have easily fried the Tesla side as well.
                    AjzRide I suspect it is a CAN bus chip as well. As far as disassembly and reworking, I am becoming way too familiar with my car, LOL. All part of the Journey,right?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Just Hall View Post
                      It seems like you are having a tough and good time with this project. I wish you success in your work and make sure to keep us posted with the progress. I can't wait to see how it will turn out.
                      Just Hall We all wish it was easy, right? Sometimes it can be frustrating but we persevere. Thanks for your support!

                      Comment


                      • Still waiting on the inverter fix. Starting on the car stereo.

                        https://youtu.be/7kTLJM0e_AI

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	476546

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Electric SuperCar View Post
                          Trying another fiberglass panel

                          https://youtu.be/mmix6kYmSQw

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	476451
                          That one's looking good.

                          Comment

                          Unconfigured Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X