• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eXtreme 355 build diary

i think your gonna get more work now after showing your art work ;D ;D ;D
    excellent work

Comment

Lets hope his 355 will be as pretty as the pictures ;-)
      Following your work here m8, got a 93 modell toyota mr2 myself and if the result of this extreme kit will be as I hope I will order a kit for myself here to norway :-)

Comment

Updates???

Comment

No more updates? ???

Comment

Originally posted by EXTREME
            it makes no difference to the body of the car if you remove the T bar.there is no real reason to strengthen the sills but we still do it just for piece of mined.
            Toyota did do a limited run of convertable MRk 2 Mr2 SW20s which used the T Bar body
            If you used a normal hard top to convert then I would maybe agree but the T Bar Body is different,take a look on the microfish for the convertable and the T bar SW20 body structure

About to do this conversion with your kit, any chance you could post a pic of body structure of tbar vs convertable , so can see what sill strengthening required - or if this not poss any idea's on how to get these diagrams ?

Thanks, Nick.

Comment

hi i would love to build an extreme 355 but really want a spyder and dont want to get the bad kit .has anyone converted an extreme kit and are both engine lids the same

Comment

From what I can gather, the engine cover is the same. The difficulty comes when you need the new roof but I would have thought at least the frame could be sourced from the people that make the veranti. You may have to get custom rear butresses made in material to fit the extreme kit though. I heard that they supplied the roof for the few BAD convertables that are about.

Good luck, i thought about it but im not brave enough! A Targa is probably as far as I would go.
                308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Comment

Hi
                  yes, we stopped the project for a while as we had other urgent stuff to do...but we'll start again later this month. I will post more pics as soon as possible!!!

Comment

oh, right...I got some pm asking about the progress with the painting. It's done...and I am currently working on a Mercedes Gullwing painting...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Breathtaking!! That painting has some much excitement in it, you can almost hear that motor screaming!! Fantastic Job!!
                      https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/image001.gif

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean00
                        Breathtaking!! That painting has some much excitement in it, you can almost hear that motor screaming!! Fantastic Job!!
                        Thank you! It was so much fun to paint it...I only did digital illustration for a while so it was quite something to be back at the easel. And...as it seems...I will spend more time there now...hahahahaha...

Comment

Looking good, I am about done with the kit I am working on down in the US (North Carolina).

Comment

can you post some pictures????

Comment

Did you know Nelly Fertado is from Victoria! :P What does that have to do with kit cars?? I don't know... I just wanted to impress you with my knowledge... ;D

Originally posted by Rob123
                              Hi Felix (unusual name...never heard it here in BC...HHS)
                              I live in the Okinawan...but we can meet in Victoria. I'm there pretty often to visit friends. Smart move...way better than Com ox Valley.
                              I will post picks as soon as I have the "patron" status!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob123
                                can you post some pictures????
                                I just made a new post under the name WIM Motorsports....here's the link

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=6978.0

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X