• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob123
    replied
    Re: eXtreme 355 build diary

Hi
    Yes, you are right, the spyder will be available soon...and no, the rims on the pictures are real Ferrari rims...but I guess Extreme's new covers would look just like those...I might go for them but I also found very nice black ones...the ones Wimmotorsports will use on his....

Leave a comment:

• Rob123
    replied

Sorry I haven't posted lately...but I can't make my decission whether to make it a spyder or the GTS. A spyder would be very cool...but I have to find out if there might be problems over here in Canada with a spyder MR2...on the other hand I always liked the GTS version...

Just look at this extreme 355 GTS...wow...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• paulwalker
    replied

Originally posted by grahamf355
    hi i would love to build an extreme 355 but really want a spyder and don't want to get the bad kit .has anyone converted an extreme kit and are both engine lids the same
    a spyder 355 is coming, I have been pressed by Robert (evolution) and (Olaf) my old trusty web designer to do one.it will be coming soon before the year is out.

Leave a comment:

• supdawg2u
    replied

Originally posted by Rob123
    can you post some pictures????
    I just made a new post under the name WIM Motorsports....here's the link

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=6978.0

Leave a comment:

• hawk23
    replied

Did you know Nelly Fertado is from Victoria! :P What does that have to do with kit cars?? I don't know... I just wanted to impress you with my knowledge... ;D

Originally posted by Rob123
    Hi Felix (unusual name...never heard it here in BC...HHS)
    I live in the Okinawan...but we can meet in Victoria. I'm there pretty often to visit friends. Smart move...way better than Com ox Valley.
    I will post picks as soon as I have the "patron" status!

Leave a comment:

• Rob123
    replied

can you post some pictures????

Leave a comment:

• supdawg2u
    replied

Looking good, I am about done with the kit I am working on down in the US (North Carolina).

Leave a comment:

• Rob123
    replied

Originally posted by DeLorean00
    Breathtaking!! That painting has some much excitement in it, you can almost hear that motor screaming!! Fantastic Job!!
    Thank you! It was so much fun to paint it...I only did digital illustration for a while so it was quite something to be back at the easel. And...as it seems...I will spend more time there now...hahahahaha...

Leave a comment:

• DeLorean00
    replied

Breathtaking!! That painting has some much excitement in it, you can almost hear that motor screaming!! Fantastic Job!!

Leave a comment:

• Rob123
    replied

oh, right...I got some pm asking about the progress with the painting. It's done...and I am currently working on a Mercedes Gullwing painting...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rob123
    replied

Hi
    yes, we stopped the project for a while as we had other urgent stuff to do...but we'll start again later this month. I will post more pics as soon as possible!!!

Leave a comment:

• drew355
    replied

From what I can gather, the engine cover is the same. The difficulty comes when you need the new roof but I would have thought at least the frame could be sourced from the people that make the veranti. You may have to get custom rear butresses made in material to fit the extreme kit though. I heard that they supplied the roof for the few BAD convertables that are about.

Good luck, i thought about it but im not brave enough! A Targa is probably as far as I would go.

Leave a comment:

• grahamf355
    replied

hi i would love to build an extreme 355 but really want a spyder and dont want to get the bad kit .has anyone converted an extreme kit and are both engine lids the same

Leave a comment:

• nick200
    replied

Originally posted by EXTREME
    it makes no difference to the body of the car if you remove the T bar.there is no real reason to strengthen the sills but we still do it just for piece of mined.
    Toyota did do a limited run of convertable MRk 2 Mr2 SW20s which used the T Bar body
    If you used a normal hard top to convert then I would maybe agree but the T Bar Body is different,take a look on the microfish for the convertable and the T bar SW20 body structure

About to do this conversion with your kit, any chance you could post a pic of body structure of tbar vs convertable , so can see what sill strengthening required - or if this not poss any idea's on how to get these diagrams ?

Thanks, Nick.

Leave a comment:

• kingleh
    replied

No more updates? ???

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X