No announcement yet.

Ferrari 288 GTO - BUILD - Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Joel. Finally made one self imposed deadline to drive the car in Sept. Almost didn't make it....

Been working on the interior but nothing really picture worthy. Tried to fit the dash in hard on the mounts on the weekend and have a couple interference areas now that the glass is in and everything closer to completed. Will need to take a few pieces out of the dash front edge to better fit and for the VIN plate and also the steering wheel shaft area as it is really tight now in both areas. Also tried the HVAC setup and of course doesn't fit now that I have redone the dash so a custom filler piece needed for the connector between the HVAC unit and under dash vents. Again, nothing big just fitment as everything getting in to final install.
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Dash went in with all under side pieces hooked in. HAVC and other mounting items. Once I go tit in, I tried to fit the a-pillar trim pieces for fitment and trimming with the targa top and realized the trim pieces need to go in before the dash.. So, dash comes back out but I know it all fits in now and sits and mounts correctly.... Always something

A couple pics
      Don

Laid the engine lid on the car as well to get it out of the way

308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Looking good there Don !
        I tried to send you and another member a PM and was denied access, would you know the reason ?
        Thanks, Vinny
        Remember, there is always next year.

Comment

• Still issues with the posting promotion rules that were implemented Tedd. Trying to get that all resolved.
          308 Ferrari replica
          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Into the garage tonight after yet another elongated hiatus. Fitting the the interior panels to make sure all fit and finish in in place before I paint them. I got the interior paint that matches the interior tan leather so hope it all works out. Will be doing the rear headliner section tomorrow and then working on the targa top hold down brackets as I have some ideas to improve them and make then fit in to the headliner a bit better. Will still need to make a fiberglass bump for each holder though so unfortunately, I have to do some fiberglassing soon.. Not my favorite any more. I also worked on caps for the ends of the a pillar pieces as on most kits, and t-tops, the a pillars end up having a gap and an opening at the ends. They just cut them and left the ends. I thought I could make up some ends to better finish off the look. Turned out OK and I think the will be good once painted and all one clean colour. Part of the work tomorrow is to add a pillar ends and caps to the rear section as well since the targa took away what is normally the back of teh a pillar interior piece.

A few pics

The caps in the a pillar pieces, Need to fil in the headliner gaps and that area will have the headliner material on it
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Interesting. I wrote the previous entry up and posted (I thought) on the weekend but apparently I did not. The new site saved the info and allowed me to post today....

In addition to the plastic parts, I have also completed the rear section headliner and mounted the rear third brake light to make sure all is fitting I can now spend some time cleaning the parts up and painting the Mercedes tan to match the leather. I am now moving on to redoing the targa latch receivers as I do not like the first attempt several years ago. I want them to be more flowing into the headliner than they are now. I also don't think they need to be made out of quite so heavy metal either.... Also need to draw up a new map light panel for the front headliner area and 3d print it in prep for carbon fiber overlay.

Might even get some time this week in the evenings to get out there....
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Looking nice, hoping that this build will turn out well.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X