Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcata
    replied
    Hey Don , they turned out awesome , I didn't realize you had that much depth in the roof .

Leave a comment:

• TDW
    replied
    Looks great Don. Can hardly contain myself with the waiting to see it finished! Not trying to "hurry" you up or anything....ALL of my projects think they've been completely abandoned, and I can't say I blame them for feeling that way.

You at least have seemed to be able to make steady, however slow, progress toward the eventual light at the end of the tunnel...and I for one am thankful you have, as it serves as inspiration for me, and I would venture a guess, more than a couple others as well.

Love the targa and everything about how you handled it. Very unique feature to kits of this nature, and in your case, done right.

Keep the progress up and don't forget to post pics!

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Progress continues. Completed the targa latching and headliner configurations so now able to apply leather and paint to it all and call it complete.

The latch assemblies will be covered by the caps I show in the second pic. Just need to extend the ends of the caps to cover th3e gaps in the headliner before I do a Carbon Fiber overlay. Also 3d printed a map light prototype and I quite like it. I have a, '09 Mustang map light assembly coming so if I don't like the look of that as much as the one I printed, I will swap the Mustang light gear out to that and into my design.

Taking the holiday break away from the 308 to mold some Countach interior pieces so I can get an interior for my next project and also start selling Countach interiors with my buddy K9COP....

Hope everyone has a relaxing and quiet holiday season and talk to everyone in the New Year. Let's hope it is a better tone than the one we are leaving behind....

A few pics of the completed targa and headliner assemblies

Last edited by Don; 12-23-2020, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DREAMLAND
    replied
    Here is one Don might be interested in seeing for comparison.

1987 Ferrari 328 REPLICA NO RESERVE | eBay

Pretty "Cheesy" imitation that they think is really something.

Leave a comment:

• bozzie
    replied
    Hello Vince,

Sorry to miss your call ! Got my VM all cleared out. Please try again at your convience

Rick

Leave a comment:

• TRcrazy
    replied
    Rick I tried calling you, your mail box is full. -Vince

Leave a comment:

• bozzie
    replied
    Don, do you have a way to source a 512 body with frame or without ? Appreicate any info.

Rick

Leave a comment:

• Just Hall
    replied
    Looking nice, hoping that this build will turn out well.

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Interesting. I wrote the previous entry up and posted (I thought) on the weekend but apparently I did not. The new site saved the info and allowed me to post today....

In addition to the plastic parts, I have also completed the rear section headliner and mounted the rear third brake light to make sure all is fitting I can now spend some time cleaning the parts up and painting the Mercedes tan to match the leather. I am now moving on to redoing the targa latch receivers as I do not like the first attempt several years ago. I want them to be more flowing into the headliner than they are now. I also don't think they need to be made out of quite so heavy metal either.... Also need to draw up a new map light panel for the front headliner area and 3d print it in prep for carbon fiber overlay.

Might even get some time this week in the evenings to get out there....

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Into the garage tonight after yet another elongated hiatus. Fitting the the interior panels to make sure all fit and finish in in place before I paint them. I got the interior paint that matches the interior tan leather so hope it all works out. Will be doing the rear headliner section tomorrow and then working on the targa top hold down brackets as I have some ideas to improve them and make then fit in to the headliner a bit better. Will still need to make a fiberglass bump for each holder though so unfortunately, I have to do some fiberglassing soon.. Not my favorite any more. I also worked on caps for the ends of the a pillar pieces as on most kits, and t-tops, the a pillars end up having a gap and an opening at the ends. They just cut them and left the ends. I thought I could make up some ends to better finish off the look. Turned out OK and I think the will be good once painted and all one clean colour. Part of the work tomorrow is to add a pillar ends and caps to the rear section as well since the targa took away what is normally the back of teh a pillar interior piece.

A few pics

The caps in the a pillar pieces, Need to fil in the headliner gaps and that area will have the headliner material on it

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Still issues with the posting promotion rules that were implemented Tedd. Trying to get that all resolved.

Leave a comment:

• TRcrazy
    replied
    Looking good there Don !
    I tried to send you and another member a PM and was denied access, would you know the reason ?
    Thanks, Vinny

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Dash went in with all under side pieces hooked in. HAVC and other mounting items. Once I go tit in, I tried to fit the a-pillar trim pieces for fitment and trimming with the targa top and realized the trim pieces need to go in before the dash.. So, dash comes back out but I know it all fits in now and sits and mounts correctly.... Always something

A couple pics
    Don

Laid the engine lid on the car as well to get it out of the way

Leave a comment:

• Don
    replied
    Thanks Joel. Finally made one self imposed deadline to drive the car in Sept. Almost didn't make it....

Been working on the interior but nothing really picture worthy. Tried to fit the dash in hard on the mounts on the weekend and have a couple interference areas now that the glass is in and everything closer to completed. Will need to take a few pieces out of the dash front edge to better fit and for the VIN plate and also the steering wheel shaft area as it is really tight now in both areas. Also tried the HVAC setup and of course doesn't fit now that I have redone the dash so a custom filler piece needed for the connector between the HVAC unit and under dash vents. Again, nothing big just fitment as everything getting in to final install.

Leave a comment:

• C5GTO
    replied
    Looking great Don! They always do when you can get them out of the garage for a spin.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X