No announcement yet.

Ferrari 308 Replica Rebuild and Upgrade Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have bad out of kit cars for several years.. However however your Is 308 looks incredible.. I would mind building one I'd build in wood if parts are available when I have saved enough money. Who would I contact for a complete kit

Comment

• Good day Punkit. Been quite a while. You still have that 288 GTO kit in storage??

There aren't too many of these 308s around any more. EVM_Rob on here is the last one I know of that had molds but that was many years ago... You might need to keep an eye on Craigslist and other selling forums to see if someone is wanting to sell an unfinished project or the original panels.

Edit on my build is that I am now trying to remember what I was thinking with my interior centre console wiring so many years ago..... I cleaned up the last of the centre console switching yesterday and wired the radio so really down to those little items that take so much time. Also realizing I just don't have the flexibility I used to have even when I started this project as laying underneath a dash for 3-4 hours at a time just doesn't work well for me any more...... I have also decided to wire in lights into the centre console switches as well as I just don't want to see the switches not be lit up at night. Easy wring on that though as there are three lights wires already in the centre console area from Fiero ashtrays and the old cigar lighter (actually called cigar lighter in the manual and not cigarette...) Should be all wired up by end of the weekend and I am hoping to fire it up to see what works and what doesn't in the gauges.....

Take care all
      Don
      Don
      Last edited by Don; 11-06-2021, 01:21 PM.
      308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Centre console wiring all done and console mounted so now putting the rest of the interior back in and move to finishing the targa top cover and headliner. Almost there.
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Hi Don,
          I have not been on here for a while. I just wanted to say hi and comment you on your beautiful car. Oh, your garage looks way to clean.
          My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

• Thanks Sean;

Been way too long but I am at the finish line so a few more updates and I will have it on the road and insured. I have a few people already interested in buying it when I want to sell.....

Thanks and happy holidays everyone
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Per my updates yesterday, shooting for the car to be on the road this month.

Interior going in this weekend and started for a longer test run

Enjoy

308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• BRAVO....Looking real good, Don!

As the Finish Line gets nearer, the only way that car can look any better, imho, is with a lowered suspension - perhaps some Suspension Techniques springs and performance shocks to get the ride height and handling just right.

Be well.
                THE BEST QUOTE [I]EVER[/I] ON THE REAL VS. REPLICA DEBATE, IMO - [B]"...telling guys on here that fake means worthless, is like arguing with guys about fake boobs. If you can see them, touch them, enjoy them and be proud of them; for most...they're real enough." [/B]- RUSHAVED

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxthHiMkec&t=9s[/URL] --- [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPNGTi58rY[/URL]

Comment

• Hey Paul;

Actually, I have not settled the suspension yet. Still just sitting on the lift arms right now so need to drop those and move the car back and forth a few feet. Ready to drop the seats back in now to start settling the car out. Need to go get a four wheel alignment and an ecu mapping exercise just to make sure we are all good.

Will be driving the car regularly in a week or so.
                  308 Ferrari replica
                  Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Originally posted by Don View Post
                    Hey Paul;

Actually, I have not settled the suspension yet. Still just sitting on the lift arms right now so need to drop those and move the car back and forth a few feet. Ready to drop the seats back in now to start settling the car out. Need to go get a four wheel alignment and an ecu mapping exercise just to make sure we are all good.

Will be driving the car regularly in a week or so.
                    Hi Don...That's GREAT.

With your fastidious attention to detail, I should have known that you'd have it covered.

Lucky you being in B.C. where the weather is The Best in the country...Can't wait to hear and see your updates on those first regular drives.

Be well.
                    THE BEST QUOTE [I]EVER[/I] ON THE REAL VS. REPLICA DEBATE, IMO - [B]"...telling guys on here that fake means worthless, is like arguing with guys about fake boobs. If you can see them, touch them, enjoy them and be proud of them; for most...they're real enough." [/B]- RUSHAVED

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxthHiMkec&t=9s[/URL] --- [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orPNGTi58rY[/URL]

Comment

• Had the car out in the driveway warming it up to take on a quick spin to start breaking everything in. Water temp came up a bit too much so I think I am still battling an air bubble. My wife came out and told me it is pretty loud. I agreed….

308 Ferrari replica
                      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• You ARE lucky to be able to drive so early in the spring (although us East-Coasters just had a couple days of mid-teens temps). For air in the system, have you tried drilling a 1/8" hole in the thin, circular sheet metal webbing of the thermostat? I've had to do that to two V8 cars to allow air trapped under the T-stat to purge properly. It doesn't harm anything, but certainly makes a huge difference in burping the system.

Comment

• I agree with Paul. I too was told to try this when my system kept blowing filler neck gaskets and overheating. Also one could lift the front end off the ground, and crack the rad cap, and or lift the rear and do the same at the filler cap. My built 327 makes a ton of heat. It now never boils over. (I also have shrouded fans thermostatically controlled).

I wish you luck going forward! I can relate to the under dash stuff. Even worse in a Countach! I should have removed my windshield long ago! I guess I love doing things the hard way! Your car is fabulously executed! Perhaps some video of your drives if able! Cheers! Eddy

Comment

• I took the thermostat out and had it idling and it ran in mid 100's so I will try to do a longer run this weekend as it has finally stopped raining and I don't have the targa completely updated yet.

Targa cleanup under way and that will be about it except for minor tweaks that will come over the summer while I shake it out. Not sure how many gauges are working though so need to check that out. For sure the tach is not working so need to look into that. I seem to remember somewhere that I might need a filter or something on it or make sure the feed is getting power etc.... Like I say, little things to kep me busy for a bit.

I also have the Countach project up for sale as well in case anyone is interested as I am not sure I have another 10-12 year build in me........

Happy Spring all
                            Cheers
                            308 Ferrari replica
                            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• I took the thermostat out and had it idling and it ran in mid 100's so I will try to do a longer run this weekend as it has finally stopped raining.

Targa cleanup under way and that will be about it except for minor tweaks that will come over the summer while I shake it out. Not sure how many gauges are working though so need to check that out. For sure the tach is not working so need to look into that. I seem to remember somewhere that I might need a filter or something on it or make sure the feed is getting power etc.... Like I say, little things to kep me busy for a bit.

I also have the Countach project up for sale as well in case anyone is interested as I am not sure I have another 10-12 year build in me........

Happy Spring all
                              Cheers
                              308 Ferrari replica
                              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Interior panels and install just about done. Hopefully today. and then back to the final few wiring items. Been getting some short drives in to keep shaking it down.
                                308 Ferrari replica
                                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X