Can't wait to see the F40 interior

Comment

• Re: Rob's Fiero interior conversion

emailed you....

Comment

Originally posted by Amida
          Originally posted by Sofa King

Thanks for the quick response and great information - you're always a big help. I do have another quick question. To achieve the perfect look the bucksin is attached by something strong enough so it won't "pop" off when pulled and shaped around the form. Do you use staples, sprays, adhesives? Does the process depend where or what you're mounting? I guess I'm not looking for the "quick" answer but the one that best describes what you do from start to finish - you do such amazing work.

Thanks again!

SK
          Staples do not work for me since all my panels are fiberglass, but not needed anyhow. Almost all my coverings are glued down with contact cement, sprayed, which holds everything in place. Normally the glue should feel dry & not sticky when it's ready, this prevents premature contact. Folding around the edges is all that's needed for anchoring. A heat gun helps soften the material for better stretching & reactivates the glue if it got a little too dry. I scuff all my foam with 220 grit to prevent skin peeling. Vinyl stretches in one direction so each piece needs to be oriented to get the best coverage. Flat pieces are no problem, but for contoured pieces you have to read each piece to determine the best direction to stretch. Soft/thin leather hides provide better stretching than thick/heavy hides. Sometimes pre-stretching on the part with a heat gun before glueing helps for parts with severe contours. I highly recommend practice on a few pieces before starting.
          Hi A,

Sorry for the long delay. Thanks for all the great info! Now I have a more solid ground to take my first step.

Comment

wow nice wok. how much do you think this would cost for a 328 replica

Comment

Originally posted by christoforo
              wow nice wok. how much do you think this would cost for a 328 replica
              Sorry I missed your question. Pisa has a 308/328 type interior kit. Their website Isn't very detailed so contact them for info, or ask forum members.

Comment

Saw an update on your F40 dash for Ferrobi and to quote you, "I sure hope that I'll be making a few more Fi40 dashes to spread the R&D". Well as you probably know there are now six F40 builds on this forum. I know I am sure interested in one of your F40 dashes. Perhaps a Build Diary just for your F40 dash project to keep all the F40 guys on the forum up to date?? To quote a great philosopher "Let them know and they will buy"! Just a thought. Keep up the GREAT work! Here's a photo of my car after lowering and adding a real F40 bumper this August.

Comment

I've had a 30% success rate at uploading images here which is very annoying, so I've been just sending progress shots to Ferrobi. Do I need to donate more $$ to this site to get better service? The original bumper looks like it fits well. The body kit must have been moulded from the original.

Comment

Originally posted by Amida
                    I've had a 30% success rate at uploading images here which is very annoying, so I've been just sending progress shots to Ferrobi. Do I need to donate more $$ to this site to get better service? The original bumper looks like it fits well. The body kit must have been moulded from the original.
                    Armida:

I am having a little trouble uploading as well. I need to place the copy first, save, modify, add a photo, I then ger an error, I hit the back arrow then reattach and repost the photo. There is something holding this back from being a clean process. It was fixed once but needs touched up again.

Dave
                    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Amida,
                      I have been having the same annoying problem you have. In the end I have to do the same thing that Dave is doing somethings 2 and 3 times before it goes through. Now I am in the habit of copying my text before I hit the post button so at least I wont have to type it again.

Dave do we have any idea how much it would cost to fix this?

Comment

Amida I cant say it enough......your work is truly a work of art!!!

merc

Comment

How can you not love these cars

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
                            Amida,
                            I have been having the same annoying problem you have. In the end I have to do the same thing that Dave is doing somethings 2 and 3 times before it goes through. Now I am in the habit of copying my text before I hit the post button so at least I wont have to type it again.

Dave do we have any idea how much it would cost to fix this?
                            We should all donate $$$$ to get this problem fixed. The PIP on Pennocks works real good, I'd like something done like that.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Merc
                              Amida I cant say it enough......your work is truly a work of art!!!

merc
                              Thanks, but I'll be working At Mcdonalds soon, or in the hospital from physical reaction to VOCs.

Comment

Anyone interested in an Fi355 interior w/ black & tan leather upholstery NEW-IN-BOX? One of my customers has to let go of all his Fiero/355 kit stuff. Send me a PM if interested in contact info.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X