Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Originally posted by sbsport23
    Did you ever receive your lower wishbone arms? Can you post a picture of the entire suspension package?
    Hi m8, not recieved them as yet, but I havent asked and also I havent paid for them either.. lol They did say from day one that they were having them made and it might be a couple of weeks before they have been tested and there happy to sell them, but I dont need them at the mo. I still havent done much really what with the weather here and looking after the little one. Both doors are now on the car but not bonded on and I'm working on the door gaps and getting the doors to open right. It seems to be taking ages but its only because I'm doing an hour at a time.. which by the time you have pulled and push the car in and out of the garage and set up all the tools you dont get very long at all.. I have also approached DNA asking for a price to see if they can help me out with the last few bits so its ready for spraying and also to get there guy to spray it.. At least this way it will be finished this year.. lol

Steve
    DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

Have you bonded anything on to your donor car yet?

Comment

Originally posted by supacorse
        Have you bonded anything on to your donor car yet?
        Hi m8, yeah done the back.. lol just wanted to do the doors before doing the front. Its mainly the weather we are having everytime I find I have a few hours free its bloody raining.. lol.. If we could have just a few more weeks of sun I dare say I could do it all myself. I think its only a case of a couple of days on the doors and then the bonnet / boot.. so a week at my pace and I would be ready... its just bad timing and typical british weather.

Steve

Comment

At last.. I had a couple hours free today and it was nice outside.. so I pushed the car out and managed to get a little further :-)

Both doors are on and open as they should. I still need to spend an hour on each getting them just right but I feel like I've got somewhere today :-). I also made a start on one for the door handles and I'm happy with it so far. I just need to find my dremmel to make the hole the right shape then I can fix the door handle to the lever.

Once both doors are on and I'm happy then I can bond these in place and then bond and fix everything else (cant wait)

Below are a few pic's, very much a work in progress but I thought it was about time I posted something..

cheers

Steve

Comment

very cool
            www.fiberclassics.org
            www.miatakitcar.com

Comment

Well.. had another hour spare :-) Did a bit more on the door handle.. it now moves up and down and unlocks the doors. Just need to get it a bit more springy.. one down, one to go... ;D

one step closer

Comment

Great to see you have gritted your teeth and got on with it. Well done m8, remember I'm always there in all the previous forms of communication if you so desire.Super job! Perhaps I should have posted previously but I didn't ( at least I haven't had to admit to my mistakes! But hopefully my mistakes will have helped you.)
                Regard's.....Hmmm or to you Steve....Paul
                Technical and hands on engineer

Comment

Well.. I now have a deadline :-) Got fed up of waiting and I'm not having the project go like so many other unfinished ones.. this will be on the road before christmas... thats a promise

I have booked my car in for spraying on the 17th Sept (week on monday) So I need to complete the doors, boot and bonnet and fuel flap by then. I have nearly finished both door handles so the doors then can be bonded, then the front. Then I can start on the bonnet / boot.

The clocks ticking and its raining.. typical lol

I also need to order some more bits from dna.. and get more seats / doorcards etc recovered..

:-)

Steve

Comment

please excuse my ignorance in such matters but when you say 'bond' the doors etc, what does this involve and how strong is it?

Comment

Originally posted by mikey68
                      please excuse my ignorance in such matters but when you say 'bond' the doors etc, what does this involve and how strong is it?
                      Hi m8, bonding is a form of glueing. For strength its very strong. If prepared and applied right you would be able to lift the whole car on it.

Steve

Comment

looking good,keep up the good work,have you decided what colour yet,edd

Comment

Hi m8, its going to be red with a black light panel at the back. I am nearly finished on the doors, got another few hours then I will be happy. I also fitted the boot (trunk) lid yesterday.. needs slightly adjusting yet but thats no more then an hour messing, then I can attach the rollbar front bracket and set that inplace, drill the holes out for the roll hoops, attach some other bits there and then its only the front to do then and a day messing with the bumper lines and making some holes for the rear reg plate lights, will post some pics if I get the boot(trunk) fitted and opening later.

still lots to do, but just over a week to do it.. next week my lad is going to school just in the mornings so I should around 6 hours in total to get alot done really.. I dare say I will have to work afew nights on it in the garage, will just have to see how it goes.

Steve

Comment

Well I still need to finish off the doors, but decided to stick the boot on. I need to exchange some bolts for the proper ones but it will do for now. I can lift it with one finger

Anyway the boots on and working, just need to pin it so they can relocate it right after spraying..

heres some pic's

more to come

Steve

Comment

awesome! Your pictures are inspiring so keep them coming.

Comment

what do you plan to do with the window in the boot? Just make it black? I don't think it would look ok to put a photo underneath as someone suggested...and there is no room for a fake engine, is there?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X