DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Hi m8, yeah there only finger tight and I wont be sending the bars over as they and my seats / gater are going to be recovered :-)

cant decided, either black with red stitching (red piping also maybe) or cream

so either...

or

or... black without red pipings..

what do you guys think ? I'm leaning more towards the black with red stitching and no piping.. it will be easier to do and I wont need to recover my dash or change my carpets. I do however have a 360 Spider badge to stick on my dash :-)

Steve
    DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

The cream looks nice but not very practical. My choice would be the black with red piping. Just one other thing, i'm interested to see what you're doing with the dash monted computer thingy too. Will prob pick your brains over that one if you don't mind. Leaning more towards a DNA/MR2 right now. Will they be doing a 430 ???

The online webcam company i'm going with have a chat feature attached to the cam broadcast so I can get all of the sarcastic comments in real time. Great! (ie, hey mate, dont do it like that, it looks pants etc etc)

Also just finished putting together a hi-res time delay camera, heat sensitive triggered which will have a 1 minute or so delay so whenever there is someone in front of it, it will take pics on a mem card. Simply stuff this in the computer every day to download pics for a nice diary. My hope is then to do a video, time lapse style from 0-finished compressed down to about 5 minutes! Prob take about 30,000 pics I guess but hey, it's not as if i'm too busy! LOL

Comment

Thats a awesome idea m8.. I thought about doing something similar with just the pic's I took. I played with sony vegas ages ago (just before sony bought it) and love how easy it is to edit stuff on it. So will be doing a finished video from start to finish and the end bit will be live vid's of the car running and also showing have ace the DNA exhaust system sounds :-)

Today I will be doing alittle more on the hoops section, getting my gaps spot on. I want to at least finish this bit and the petrol flap before the car leaves me. The doors may still need bonding on but the place where I'm getting it sprayed are used to doing stuff like this, which is one of the reasons why I picked it.

The last thng I wanted was for my car to be unfinished in my garage over winter, so by booking a spray deadline at least it gives me something to work for, then look forward to getting it back in lovely red.

Just wondering how much bandwidth your webcam / feedback system is going to take as its your upload speed thats going to be effected the most.. are you going to cap the number of watchers at anyone time ?

As for the car pc.. I am a moderator on a few forums www.mp3car.com / www.digital-car.co.uk which are get forums, the digital-car one is more friendly and a good group of lads. The mp3car one has more info. If you want a look at the software, I would recommend a couple. The first is called centrafuse which has a free trial and works very well 'out of the box. However I prefer one called Roadrunner which is open source (VB6 its wrote in) and it very adaptable but is a little tricky to get to grips with, but I think you wil be fine as you seem to know what your doing :-) The latter oneI have done some skins for which are flash based..

if your on msn then add me cdrskull at msn.com then you can get help straightway if you need it :-)

O btw... I know 3 other people now who are at a similar in not a bit closer stage than you.. I think all 3 have there donor car, and two might already have there dna kits, if they dont they will within a month.... one is even in th US :-)

Steve

Comment

Steve, if you get a chance can you have a quick look at this web page and let me know how badly damaged the front end is compared to standard and whether or not it's too far gone to use as a donor. Seemed cheap!
          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-TOYOTA-MR...QQcmdZViewItem

Have made a decision! Gonna go with the MR2/DNA one first and prob do an Extreme after. I get bored easily! LOL Will try to ring them today or tomorrow and make a couple enquiries on lead times etc. Ramping up the search for the MR2 now.

My plan is to strip the donor and prep it and do all mods to it first. ie suspension, brakes, etc before fitting kit. Hate going back on projects. Unfortunately, I seem to live my life like that. Learned the hard way from doing a kitchen conversion a few years ago! :

Kept my wife happy though.

Mentioning the kitchen reminds that I did a very amateurish website.

http://kitchenproject.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Comment

Hi fella, I think thats a pre-face lift model as it has the old type lights at the back so I would expect it to just have a 5 speed box in it. Other than that it doesnt look too bad, needs a new rad / front bumper bar and water bottle for a start I think. Tricky to tell from the pics

Steve

Comment

Does the rear deck lid give you more room than the stock MR2? any idea how much? This might help for any engine upgrades/mods.

I see a 2ZZ swap supercharged or turbo be a great match for the DNA car.
              White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Comment

Hi m8, err, you still have the same room in front of the engine, but you do get quite a bit of space at the back. It all depends where the engine connects to the gearbox. You also might need to remove / modify the rear bumper bar. The MR2's exhaust takes up loads of room at the back, take a look on page 1 of this thread at the back with the exhaust removed. the it adds about an extra 10 inchs on this.

hope this helps

Well today, lol I'm still on the same flappy bit. Its because I keep messing with it but I feel I'm nearly there now.. lol I still have the otherside to do yet as well.. no point in rushing it.

Steve

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by mikey68
                  Steve, if you get a chance can you have a quick look at this web page and let me know how badly damaged the front end is compared to standard and whether or not it's too far gone to use as a donor. Seemed cheap!
                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-TOYOTA-MR...QQcmdZViewItem

Have made a decision! Gonna go with the MR2/DNA one first and prob do an Extreme after. I get bored easily! LOL Will try to ring them today or tomorrow and make a couple enquiries on lead times etc. Ramping up the search for the MR2 now.

My plan is to strip the donor and prep it and do all mods to it first. ie suspension, brakes, etc before fitting kit. Hate going back on projects. Unfortunately, I seem to live my life like that. Learned the hard way from doing a kitchen conversion a few years ago! :

Kept my wife happy though.

Mentioning the kitchen reminds that I did a very amateurish website.

http://kitchenproject.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Mikey,

type savage75 into google and look at a salvage site called rd salvage they have a very light damaged Y reg MR2 there going for £3750 you can get it cheaper with bargaining but it looks good for this project.

Comment

thanks for that. still looking for 6 speed '03 and later I think. No great rush as yet.
                    Cheers.

spotted these on ebay:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ferrari-360-ch...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Hi m8.. I have bought the normal 360 grills for the front and my m8 has some rear exhausr surrounds I can have (£80 new) All the rest of the grills are going to be made out of the black grill you can get from Halfords, think its baout 20 quid a sheet. No point spending all that money, but it depends what look your after.

Still playing with the flaps on mine, I'm hoping to have the other door handle fitted tonight. Its getting there slowly but these little bits seem to be taking ages.. only 3 days left before it goes for paint :-)

Steve

Comment

Well another day.. same flappy bit. lol Right the only reason I'm still doing this 'flappy' bit is because I've re-designed it from the way it works to the DNA norm... I have been trying different ways of doing this thing and I think I've sussed it now. I am waiting for a bit of glass to dry and have finished for the night. I did however in between the glass drying fitted the front bonnet catch and dropped the bonnet down to test its working and in the correct position :-) .. Fingers crossed I should have finished one flappy bit tomorrow. I will then take pic's so you can see what I've been up to.

CdR

Comment

Amanzing work.
                          Your dream is near to come true....i´m happy for you !!
                          I hope to save enohugh money to make my own dna réplica next year.... :-\
                          Thank you for the pics.
                          Can you show me how the roof works?
                          You need to remove any piece of the kit to close the roof?
                          Thank you very much.
                          Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by xisco_mallorca
                            Amanzing work.
                            Your dream is near to come true....i´m happy for you !!
                            I hope to save enohugh money to make my own dna réplica next year.... :-\
                            Thank you for the pics.
                            Can you show me how the roof works?
                            You need to remove any piece of the kit to close the roof?
                            Thank you very much.
                            Best regards.
                            No the rear deck lifts and the roof hides underneath no need to remove parts the roof up or down although its manual it works as you would expect. No press studs

Comment

Hi m8, as DNA said it works as you would expect and you use the original seals and mechnics off the MR2 cover, so it will be 100% weather tight :-) .

What I have changed is the tiny square bits, mine will fold up into the boot with the other big bit, where the dna ones fold into the car. Not to much difference, but I think the DNA ones need 7mm gap and mine use 4mm gap. They do put rubber on theres so you dont really notice it either. I know its taken me alot longer but I've only been really working 3 hour days (if that) Little things like this make the car mine if you know what I mean. You dont need to do it, but its something that I wanted to do. It may also not work as I havent tested it 100%. I did phone up Brian at DNA and explained my idea and he spent 5 mins having a think and going through it with me and siad he thought I had enough room to do it. Which I thought was good as he didnt need to do this. Just building up some platforms out of fibreglass to support the hinges at the mo, will know later today if its worked or not :-) I will also grab a picture of it as well.

Steve

Comment

Well.. my idea hasnt really worked.. so its back to square one. O well, at least I tried. I will be able now I hope to finish the boot bit today and crack on tomorrow and finish the door handle tomorrow. thats the plan anyway

Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X