DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Well, only had an hour tonight but I still managed to do a little.

I have nearly finished off the boot hoops and flaps, I just need to add the one you see in the picture pointing towards you on the other side and then make sure all the little pit marks are filled. Happy with how they have turned out, but I have messed around for quite a few hours when I neednt of. Although at least I did have a go and wont ever be wondering.. hmm it might just work like that. Well it doesnt! lol

anyway. Whilst I was waiting for the glass to dry I put together the fuel flap and gave it a test. Pull the lever in the car and pop it opens the flap. Now I havent stuck the flap on yet, waiting till its on the car, but I will fit that tomorrow all being well.

So tomorrow I will finish of the roof bars DEFO.. fit the fuel flap and finish off the door handles. (I hope)

heres some pic's as I havent posted any for a bit,

more to come, goes to paint in 2 days.. O NOOOO.. will it be ready.. lol
    DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

Well, been a busy day. I have finished off both door and handles. I have also fitted the petrol flap. I still need to do a little bit of work on the flappy bits, but its looking like it will be ready for monday :-)

couple of pics of the petrol (gas) flap

BTW.. the screws are just to hold it while the fibre cures.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
        Well, been a busy day. I have finished off both door and handles. I have also fitted the petrol flap. I still need to do a little bit of work on the flappy bits, but its looking like it will be ready for monday :-)

couple of pics of the petrol (gas) flap

BTW.. the screws are just to hold it while the fibre cures.

Steve
        Steve your build is looking great a fantastic job but we dont recommend using screws through the outer skin as when filled it may later cause sinking but if you call us we can suggest a few methods that may well prevent that happening but realy impressed with what you have done all the best DNA

Comment

Thanks, will fill now with fibre first. Anyway hows Donny ? really upset I'm missing it, but needed to get my car ready for monday.

Steve

Comment

Thanks, will fill now with fibre first. Anyway hows Donny ? really upset I'm missing it, but needed to get my car ready for monday.

Steve
            dont fill until you have called us. Yes donny really good for us lots of people came today just to see us a lot of whom would never have gone to kitcar show before, so looking forward to tomorrow give us a call in the morning cheers DNA

Comment

piece of advice,

keep the tarpaulin clean and protected (covered in plastic)... until now, I am struggling to get the white fibre dust off the tarpaulin... :-\

Comment

Originally posted by illuder
                piece of advice,

keep the tarpaulin clean and protected (covered in plastic)... until now, I am struggling to get the white fibre dust off the tarpaulin... :-\
                I'm guessing that is the mr2 one and not the new ferrari style one so he isn't bothered

Comment

yep your right the one in the pic is being scrapped anyway. My car gets picked up today for paint :-) FANTASTIC.

Steve

Comment

yep your right the one in the pic is being scrapped anyway. My car gets picked up today for paint :-) FANTASTIC.

Steve

CdRsKuLL
                    really very beautiful work, I am really impressioné of the quality of kits DNA, having changed work I awaits still a little before being able to buy one of these kits to me but when I see the car I am in a hurry even if in France it is not obvious to roll with kitcar. congratulation still!!!!
                    admiring French
                    BIENTOT UNE REPLIQUE 360 OU UNE  430

Comment

Originally posted by dorig56
                      CdRsKuLL
                      really very beautiful work, I am really impressioné of the quality of kits DNA, having changed work I awaits still a little before being able to buy one of these kits to me but when I see the car I am in a hurry even if in France it is not obvious to roll with kitcar. congratulation still!!!!
                      admiring French
                      Thanks m8, the quality of the kit is great, everything has gone together alot easier than I thought it would. There were afew times when I though oww the bonnets twisted or this doors not right. BUT it was me not centering the front and the back not being on right.. so thumbs up for the kit from me :-) My advice would be, if the kits not fitting right, then its most likely not on right rather than the kit being wrong.

Well its a big day really for me, my baby has left the house naked and I'm hoping she will return all gleaming and red :-). I had to remove the front bumper to get her on, but it was only held on by a few nuts just incase you were wondering.

I am just about to take my seats down to get them recovered. I have decided on black with red stitching. This way I wont need to recover the lower part of my dash as its already black. I am also taking down my gear gater. The door cards will be taken to him next week.

will be having a bit of a break now, I have the hall / landing and stairs to decorate and two boys bedrooms.. so I shall be busy.

Steve

Comment

ok I know its gone, but I just had to check I have everything to finish it once its back. I called DNA up today and placed my order for the rest of the stuff. I'm hoping to collect it all next monday morning.

I sorted out my badges today as well.. cant wait :-)

Steve

Comment

I've got my ferrari lettering and the actual metal wing badges, but I haven't picked up the nose emblem or the prancing horse yet.

1.) What is that disk in the middle?
                          2.) Where did you get the 360 Spyder lettering? I've looked for that one everywhere.

Comment

Looks ace mate. Can't wait to see it painted. When do you expect it back?

Comment

Originally posted by sbsport23
                              I've got my ferrari lettering and the actual metal wing badges, but I haven't picked up the nose emblem or the prancing horse yet.

1.) What is that disk in the middle?
                              2.) Where did you get the 360 Spyder lettering? I've looked for that one everywhere.
                              Hi m8, the disk in the middle is a tax disc holder. (needed for all uk cars). The 360 Spider badge was off eBay, but its spelt Spider not Spyder over here. I'm sure www.eurospares.co.uk will stock them. I dont have a part number for it sorry.

hope this helps

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by mikey68
                                Looks ace mate. Can't wait to see it painted. When do you expect it back?
                                Hi fella, they said 2 weeks, but unsure if that includes this week. I would like it back as soon as poss, but I know these things can take time and dont want them to rush it. So I am hoping for it sometime maybe in the first couple of weeks of Oct. Will just have to wait and see.

I will post pic's and stuff when its done and also the place that did it.. might come in handy for others.

Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X