DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

LOOKS GREAT! YOU ARE GONNA BE HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE NEXT SUMMER 8)
    www.lazymansguideto.com<br /><br />The Lazy Way To Learn

Comment

Any more updates on this?

Comment

I went down today and the flappy bits are all in primer now. The guys were lining up my bonnet and I think they were trying to get that in primier as well. Then they will be masking the car up ready to prime it all and then demask it to block it again, ready for the final coar.. Rosso Red 300 :-)
        DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
        Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

I Love it when a plan comes together ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ops ®
            Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
            Rosso Red 300 :-)
            Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Go BLACK! ;D

this site has so many cars in bloody red it is NOT funny any more! :-\
            tell me abour it...

i guess its up to us Ops®!

Comment

wot about blue ..........did the 360 come in blue? maybe iam strange but i luv blue ferraris with tan interior......loads of red, yellow and silver reps done so why not be different................fab build cant wait to see the finished product no matter wot the colour is

Comment

lol.. its RED .. well not yet but thats what I'm having. Yep they did do a light blue one. BUT if its not red then they sell for afew grand less.. so for resale value as well it has to be red.

Well I was down today getting in the way as normal.. lol I made afew brackets up to hold my grills on the bumpers. The ferrari ones not the simple black mess ones I'm going to be using. I also made a start on doing the front lights. I have already connected up and tested my rear lights and they seem fine.

The guys at the paintshop are doing wonders and are just plodding through my car not skimping on a single thing. The doors are off now and the bonnet has be aligned and all the panels have been rubbed down and blocked flat. I would expect it to be in primer very soon. I will try and get down again this week but unsure if it will happen.

Heres a few pic's of where its at...

more to come

Comment

people complain about red being typical for sports cars but lets face it, it's pretty rare on the streets still. my 92 240SX is candy red and it always stands out in a parking lot (easy to find heh)
                  Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

cdr could you tell me wot hinges u have used on the front bonnet..........................would they be off a mercedes van????????????

Comment

lol.. you really need to get a life if you go round staring at hinges.. lol (only j/k) You know your hinges dont you !

Anyway..

Well went down there today. The guys are really doing a top job on my car, defo picked a good'un for a change. Well I managed to sort of get my front light holders done. The just need all sticking together now.

O yeah heres a pic of there 355 they have just sold.. the finish on it is out of this world :-)

ps sorry about the slight blur bit on the bottom.. thats my finger. DOOH !

Wont be there again till next week, busy with the family

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by kitmanic
                        cdr could you tell me wot hinges u have used on the front bonnet..........................would they be off a mercedes van????????????
                        hinges used are supplied by us in the kit

Comment

Hey DNA
                          Thanks for calling me yesterday. It wasn't until I put the phone down that I realised it was after 1:00 in the morning your time!
                          Now there's real dedication to the job! ;D

CdRsKuLL
                          It's looking amazing!
                          Bet you can't wait to see it shot with paint now!
                          When are you expecting it back?

Comment

the kits fitment looks really clean. Great job bro!

cant wait to see it after the clearcoat....!!

Comment

yes i know iam a square ...................just thinking wud they work on my mr2 -355 conversion..................i recognised them cause a neighbour drives a merc van.......i need to get a life.lol......bordering on obsession , divorce could be on the cards....if iam not working on the car, iam researching on the net....pics etc....

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyKing
                                Hey DNA
                                Thanks for calling me yesterday. It wasn't until I put the phone down that I realised it was after 1:00 in the morning your time!
                                Now there's real dedication to the job! ;D

CdRsKuLL
                                It's looking amazing!
                                Bet you can't wait to see it shot with paint now!
                                When are you expecting it back?
                                expecting it back when its ready, no rush really... lol , I only need it drivable by the 10th Nov. So as long as it has its lights and a drivers seat then I will be ok to go down to birmingham in it and get my hood fitted. The guys have said I can finish it off there so It should fly together I'm hoping :-). I am going to try and keep my carpets in there for now and as I'm having a black trim wont need to do half the dash in leather. I will be getting some new car mats and I will give the carpet a good clean (m8's got a proper carpet cleaner so I will use that. There are afew bits I still need however and ebays doing well on them. I got a pack of kenwood tweeters to fit but need some midrange speakers yet but any extras now will all need to wait as I've run out of money now :-(

I still have a remain bill of £1250 for the paint shop, £400 remaining for the trimmer and £500 on the hood.. + £200 on bits and bobs. car tax / insurance.. etc.. I'm WELL OVERDRAWN. lets hope its all worth it ! I'm sure it will be.

Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X