DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Hi m8, they just sold a 355 cab last month..

The finish on it was fantastic....

Well did a bit more on it today, finished off the filler cap and put a couple of grills in. The rear deck is now on the car and I satin blacked some metal work in the engine bay. Sadly my rear ferrari badge is 5mm's out at the back (not quite central) I dont know how it happened but the center line I went off to place the badge wasnt central.. anyway I still need to decide on what to do with it. I see it as 3 options.. 1, just leave it. 2,try and fill one of the holes and maybe drip some paint or something into it. I dont mind a slight dip as you wouldnt really see it as it would be on the very corner of the badge once the legs of this badge are cut off and moved.. or 3, fill and repaint the whole rear deck again.. I think I will try option 2, and if it looks a mess then option 3 I'm afraid.. These thngs happen. I have took afew pics.. these are below. The finish on the rear deck s great, the painter has also painted the underside a dull black stonechip type of paint I think he said.. anyway as I left they were going to fit the bonnet. :-) know the badge is right on that.. lol

more to come.. O the pics

DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

Looking good. Cant wait to see the finished pics.

Comment

Looking so good, my levels of envy are expanding by the day hope the quick fix works on the badge..if not maybe a small LED wired to the alarm will fill the hole...just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF
          Looking so good, my levels of envy are expanding by the day hope the quick fix works on the badge..if not maybe a small LED wired to the alarm will fill the hole...just a thought
          Hi m8.. the LED isnt actually such a bad idea.. will see how it goes..

thanks

Steve

Comment

that other pic of the F355 looks gross and short... no more

back on track your car looks great 5mm is hard to notice, people wont notice it, only you lol.

Comment

Right.. where are we upto.. hmm

ok, the boot / bonnet / doors are on. I spent today cutting and installing the original bucket / cover from the MR2 under the bonnet and ts come out really well. I have cut out and grilled up the bit that goes infront of the windscreen and sprayed it satin black, just waiting for it to dry so I can install the washers into it and then get it on the car. I also need to cut a bit of plastic to make up the 5 inch gap at the front but that wlil be under the bonnet done then :-)

I also fiddled about with the LEDs for the rear window. I have hot glued them to the underside of the glass and wired them in. I have also satin blacked a bit of textured metal which has been placed under it. The glass hasnt been cleaned and has loads of crap on it.. but you will get the idea of the LEDs anyway.

The door gaps are fantastic.. couldnt be more pleased with them.

I'm busy now till Monday so will just have to twiddle my thumbs as per normal till then..

heres some pic's

more to come :-)

Steve

Comment

very nice CdRsKuLL , I cannot wait to see the head lights go together GREAT JOB
                I am not a " Hater : " because your kit is across the pond an i am glad to see another replica make it to paint an about to hit the road congradulations to u an DNA very nice kit 8)
                In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

those lines are perfect, just awesome man, its going along so smooth!

Comment

the leds highlight that theres no engine, still like that idea though

Comment

Yeah, I cant lie - the strip lights are really not my cup of tea. Like tricky said, they do seem to draw attention to the main part of the car you dont want people to look at.

The rest of the build is coming on brilliantly though. I'm impressed!
                      308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Comment

2 thumbs up man, This build is really coming along beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by drew355
                          Yeah, I cant lie - the strip lights are really not my cup of tea. Like tricky said, they do seem to draw attention to the main part of the car you dont want people to look at.

The rest of the build is coming on brilliantly though. I'm impressed!
                          but he can tell them theres a plate there because the engine is so hot its glowing red LOL

Comment

AMANZING !!
                            I canīt belive it ! Is all arround perfect !
                            Very near to drive your dream...congratulations !

Comment

i think the red lights int he engine bay would be a great accent while driving.

If parked, i agree with other posters that it may draw attention to areas you wouldnt want attention...

just my humble opinion...

Comment

great car. Keep up the good work. Love everything about your car. Driving at night with the led's in the rear mirror and everyone else seeing the red glow will be amazing...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X