DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

It must have been scary making the first cut on perfectly decent doors. It was a scary moment for me once I started cutting up my donor, but you know in the end the car will look better when its all covered in Ferrari bodywork.

Comment

;D just get it cut up.. easy !!

well all the grinding has been done now. Just waiting the kit so I can make a start on the suspension and fuel lines, then its on with the kit. Just finished the doors today and cut the end bits off the bumper bar so I can fit the DNA Exhaust.. Also opened up a opening more for the fuel pipes.. thats it, cant believe if I had just worked on it for a full day it would have been ready.. 1 day cant be bad !

below is a pic of my bumper bar half cut (needed to change the disc, so took a picture)

Nothing more to do now. I have ordered my tyres, going for..

Falken FK-452 215/35 ZR18 84Y RFD with rim protection for the fronts
      Falken FK-452 275/35 ZR18 95Y with rim protection for the rears.
      total price include vat and del - 413.20 from www.mytyres.co.uk

I will still need them fitting, but thats just a trip to the local garage. The tyres I know arnt the normal pzero or whatever there called, but I would rather spend the 500 I just saved on tyres on something else for the car.

anyway just going to confirm with DNA we are ok for Tuesday for the kit collection and then book the van. I was going Monday but the wife reminded me it was one of my lads BIRTHDAY, hes 2.. hmm oppps

Steve
      DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
      Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

what changes are required to the fuel lines? any pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by sbsport23
          what changes are required to the fuel lines? any pictures?
          You just replace the rubber petrol section and the rubber overflow section that both go up to the filler cap area with longer lengths that's all, it's no big deal honestly but for the novices you must use petrol grade hose.
          Technical and hands on engineer

Comment

Your doing a marvelous job... Sir,Hmmmm....

Comment

Hi, sorry fuel line was the wrong word. Its just the fuel pipe from the tank up to the filler cap. You just unscrew the clip, remove the old hose and put the new longer one in, its as simple as that really. The hose attachs underneth so its easy to get to, the breather pipe also needs a longer piece putting in it, but again thats just a single clip. I will try and get away with not completely draining the fuel tank by jacking one side of the car up as high as I can. Will do some pic's when I'm doing it, so you can all see.

Right the vans booked, confirmed it with DNA and ordered my tyres. I also bought a FERRARI badge off ebay, so now I have all but a decent bonnet badge :-)

things I need to source / find / buy to complete my build

Front light kit
              Exhaust
              Rear Light set (one side)
              Indicators
              Exhaust Grills
              Engine window
              Engine window grill
              Wheel false disc's

Thats about it..

Also I would like to thank Hmmm for all help and advice he's been giving me :-) Just a couple of pm's has most likely saved me hours of work ! Top Man !

Comment

why not upgrade to real brembo's? they make a big brake kit for the MR2 spyder

Comment

Originally posted by lowboost
                  why not upgrade to real brembo's? they make a big brake kit for the MR2 spyder
                  Hi m8, I might upgrade the brakes when I get my turbo fitted, but to be honest the mr2 brakes are awesome already, its stops on a pin head.. sadly even if I do upgrade the brakes they will still sit to far back from the wheels because of the spacers being used. This is why I'm after false discs and calipers... but these can wait will its on the road.

Comment

Do the OEM front, exahust, and rear grills from a 360 fit the DNA kit? What about the OEM side markers (lights)?

Comment

Originally posted by sbsport23
                      Do the OEM front, exahust, and rear grills from a 360 fit the DNA kit? What about the OEM side markers (lights)?
                      Hi m8, yes the DNA kit uses proper Ferrari front air duct grills, rear exhaust surround grills and also the rear window grill, its a very close replica. The side markers ? Are these indicators (flashing orange things on the front wings) yeah again original ferrari ones.

Steve

Comment

thanks. I'm starting to collect emblems and badges off ebay and think I can save by sourcing the grill's myself too. The used ferrari headlights/tail lights I've seen on ebay seem fairly expensive.

Comment

Super job Steve, looks like you are really into this now, rest assured I will support you all the way.
                          Apologies for intruding on your post, I wrongly assumed you may not know about the petrol pipes.
                          Regard's...Hmmm ( Paul )

Comment

Originally posted by hmmm
                            Super job Steve, looks like you are really into this now, rest assured I will support you all the way.
                            Apologies for intruding on your post, I wrongly assumed you may not know about the petrol pipes.
                            Regard's...Hmmm ( Paul )
                            Hi Paul please post as much as you can, as you have already been there and done it 'TWICE' your knowledge is like gold dust :-)

sbsport23 - I am unsure if the front lights will fit, I know the lens are the correct size, but the mounting is different. I am going with the DNA ones as they seem very high quality and then I will at least have the support of DNA to help me fit them if I have any problems. They provide the mounting brackets in the kit for them.

Also I have been advised by a third party to go with the genuine rear lights as the cheap oem ones just dont last.

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, this is what I meant about knocking the wheel arch flanges flat.
                              Do it with the wheel off and use the heaviest hammer you can lay your hands on !

Attached Files

Comment

thanks m8, might have a go now whilst its still light outside. I see you have found your camera :-)

OK had a go, the top bits easy.. lol for the bottom bit I think I need a BFH.. lol will buy one tomorrow and get both sides finished, get it jetwashed underthere and the give it a coat of underseal I think. Taking of underseal, did you do the tops of your doors where its be cut, as its now got un protected metal.. think I will give it a coat anyway

steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X