Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
    thanks m8, might have a go now whilst its still light outside. I see you have found your camera :-)

OK had a go, the top bits easy.. lol for the bottom bit I think I need a BFH.. lol will buy one tomorrow and get both sides finished, get it jetwashed underthere and the give it a coat of underseal I think. Taking of underseal, did you do the tops of your doors where its be cut, as its now got un protected metal.. think I will give it a coat anyway

steve
    Prime them as this will later be sealed when fitting the kit

Comment

primer is not good at protecting against rust over the long term.prime and then paint to keep it rust free

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight Z
        primer is not good at protecting against rust over the long term.prime and then paint to keep it rust free
        hameright paint is anty rust,does what it says on the tin,or is that ronseal,edd

Comment

Another job done :-)

ok, went and got a 7ib sledge hammer from the local diy shop (12.99) also bought a tin of underseal and a spray tin of it as well.

After spending 15 mins, hitting these joints last night with my hammer, trying to make them flat and not getting anywhere I was worried it might take me all day today.. 10 mins with the BIG F'in Hammer (my new best friend) and each side was done :-) . I then got the grinder out again and tidyed both sides up and then wire brushed both bits and got my underseal out..

Whilst I had the paint pot out I did the rear bumber bits where I had shorted them and also the doors.. ... I know I neednt of used all that on the doors, but I got carried away.. lol

I also hoovered out the bottom of the inside of the doors where loads of metal bits had gone from grinding. I got what I could out, but then used the spray tin of underseal to coat the whole of the bottom panel.. I mean loads as well :-) so thats it all done and dusted.. back in the garage now till Tuesday now.

Total time so far spent, including looking for tool etc.. 14 hours approx. however I think I could cut this down to 8 next time.

Heres some pic's :-)

cheers

Steve
          DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
          Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

Nice to see I am not the only one that regards a BFH as an essential tool for kit building!! I recently did the same job on the Mk2 MR2 to get big wheels to fit.

Keep up with the pics!
            308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Comment

The pre machined arch liners that come with the kit covers all that up by the way.
              Although that's a job that can wait till the end.
              Technical and hands on engineer

Comment

THIS IS LOOKING GOOD,keep posting your build photos,eddy

Comment

cool pics, really informative....

learning a lot... thanks man...

Comment

yeah cdr awesome work :]
                    i wish i had enough to buy one >

anyways
                    best of luck and keep us updated!

have you decided on a paint?

cheers!
                    speedster

Comment

Steve, I can think of a couple more jobs you can do before you get the kit, do you want me to post, it's 7.45 at the mo but I am going to my factory in a few mins so i could post some pics or give us a ring.

Comment

Hi m8, yes please :-) I want to get as much done before the kit coming as I dont really have anywhere to store the kit (single garage) So it will need to be stored on the car, well the big bits anyway.

O also can you do me a big favour and let me know how much visible area is there in the rear glass.. just height and width will do. Thinking of a new project :-).... couple of 19 inch tft's may cover it as you can pick them up quite cheap these days.

I have Monday morning free so can do stuff then.

Also looking for a place to get it sprayed at the moment, I hoping it will only be a couple of weeks before its ready for paint.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by speedster11

have you decided on a paint?
                          Hi m8, paints the next thing. I want it to be red with a black rear light panel. I am still unsure if I'm going to put the wing badges I have on, there a option on the 360 on purchase. Also I am still looking out for some original 360 seats. I want to go round and measure my m8's to see if they will fit. They sell for about 900. Depending on the colour of these its either cream or black inside.

Steve

Comment

Steve, just go to work and read your post, ok that gives me a bit of time to sort something for you.
                            I'm here to work on my own cars so that suits me.

Think you will find genuine seats will not fit by the way.

Also i remembered you install gadgets.

So if later you hack into the mr2 wiring bear in mind that toyota ( on this car anyway ) switch circuits on and off via the earth not the live.

Comment

Steve it's21.05 on Sat night, just going to order a curry but will post in the morning. Some things just have to be done!!

Comment

not a problem m8, u have a good curry :-) I'm busy sticking things on ebay at the mo, having a clear out to save some pennys up for some more car bits :-)

Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X