DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

ur moving VERY quickly with this.. DONT STOP... if you do, u'll see months fly past!! and a more angrier wife!!!

Comment

Well another 2 hours spent. Tonight I took my time and aligned up the front height and position. I have also pinned the front to stop it now floating as I'm more than happy with the position :-) I placed the bonnet on and used this as a guide as well as a trusty tape measure and the old EYE just make sure everything lines up right. I took a picture of the bonnet(hood) in place, this is just placed.. and you can see how well it sits.. couldnt be more happy with it. :-) I then had a good look at the doors and needed to grind a little more metal off one bit to get it to sit right. Because this car has been involved in a accident I think its causing the passanger side (left side in the UK) door to need trimming by a couple of mm at the front join.. yep only 2mm I think and it will be fine. So this is no biggie at all and will only take 5 mins with my sander. So the next bit is to bond the back on and then start handing the outerdoors on and start on the hinges. :-)

Heres some pics...

Picture of bonnet, its not secured but fits just right :-)

Top of the door at the front just needs a couple of mm sanding off , drivers side is spot on

Just checking the lines out

Picture showing how good the fit is.. :-) very happy

Right.. thats it. More to come

Steve

DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
      Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

great fit. Quality and lines are impressive. Keep it up...you're inspiring alot of others.

Comment

awesome! many thanks!!

Comment

Its comin on a treat m8. I have bought a turnkey 360 and its the dogs the only probelm is i am not technically minded and the front sidelights dont work aswell as the rear taillights. The dash lights up and you can hear the click from the glove box area but no lights front and rear. the headlights brakelights and full beam work though thats confusing me. No one wil touch the car as it has the kit fitted and the electrics are hard to reach apparently.its a 2000 x can anyone help me as the car is not driveable at night and its a killer cheers and keep up the build it will be worth it

Comment

Originally posted by superspark
              Its comin on a treat m8. I have bought a turnkey 360 and its the dogs the only probelm is i am not technically minded and the front sidelights dont work aswell as the rear taillights. The dash lights up and you can hear the click from the glove box area but no lights front and rear. the headlights brakelights and full beam work though thats confusing me. No one wil touch the car as it has the kit fitted and the electrics are hard to reach apparently.its a 2000 x can anyone help me as the car is not drivable at night and its a killer cheers and keep up the build it will be worth it
              Hi m8, if your near me your very welcome to pop over and I will try and track down your problem, cant promise anything but its worth a go... where abouts are you ? Anywhere near Manchester .. or even in the UK ?

Steve

p.s sorry nothing done tonight.. busy with work at the mo, fingers x'd tomorrow

Comment

Its comin on a treat m8. I have bought a turnkey 360 and its the dogs the only probelm is i am not technically minded and the front sidelights dont work aswell as the rear taillights. The dash lights up and you can hear the click from the glove box area but no lights front and rear. the headlights brakelights and full beam work though thats confusing me. No one wil touch the car as it has the kit fitted and the electrics are hard to reach apparently.its a 2000 x can anyone help me as the car is not driveable at night and its a killer cheers and keep up the build it will be worth it
                I think you should have stated whose turnkey it is. It is definitely not a DNA, i am 100% confident about that. Correct me if I am wrong but as you posted on this thread I think you should have the decency to explain who is responsible for this kit, in one breath you say is the dog's and the next you say has faults??? Why post on the forum? Are you saying it's the suppliers fault? If you are let it be there problem. If it's just the fact the car has developed faults, then deal with it yourself.
                Very dubious post, !!!!
                Technical and hands on engineer

Comment

I am confident it's not an an extreme either. So whose is it?
                  Technical and hands on engineer

Comment

For anyone in the US of A 'the dogs' means 'the dogs b@ll@cks' which means very very good 8)
                    Yet strangely, if an Englishman says something of yours is 'b@ll@cks' it means it isn't very good at all.... > and you probably want to poke him in the eye or something....
                    Um I thinks thats all Funnywheels will let me get away with on the subject!
                    Off topic I know

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyKing
                      For anyone in the US of A 'the dogs' means 'the dogs b@ll@cks' which means very very good 8)
                      Yet strangely, if an Englishman says something of yours is 'b@ll@cks' it means it isn't very good at all.... > and you probably want to poke him in the eye or something....
                      Um I thinks thats all Funnywheels will let me get away with on the subject!
                      Off topic I know
                      Yep, that's about it!
                      If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

This kit has to be for the home style builder that needs it simplified and not having to take years fabricating parts or fitting it! It looks like minimal tools are needed to put this thing together, which takes a LOT of expense out of building one! In the end you would probably SAVE MONEY! I mean good GOD look at that door jam!

Comment

Sorry no pic's, just spent 15 mins playing with one of the doors, its in place at the moment with some putty drying off which should allow me to add a couple if fixing screws and then let it dry again. I'm hoping to have at least one door hung and dry fixed by tonight. I will then need to do the return on the door so it opens.. then the door handle. I want to make sure these are done right.. also I have little free time at the moment due to lots of work just come in and me looking after my little lad until he starts school in a 4 weeks time. But as long as I keep moving I'm sure it will come together.

Steve

Comment

well sorry no pic's tonight, but I got rained off sadly so only managed to get the back bonded on and I did manage JUST to get one of the doors attached via dry fix putty and acouple of bolts.. What I didnt do was put some tape as advised by DNA on my door where the putty will touch.. so I will be just crossing my fingers it doesnt stick to the car door.. Tomorrow I will attempt to get the other door dry fixed, grind the return on the door I've just done (x's fingers) and also mount the rear bumper so it saves me lifting it out of the garage everytime...

So then whats the next step...

Well once both doors are on and can open it will be the door handles, then it will be the filler cap, bonnet , boot. Then the cross bar for the roof with the roll bars and the flappy bits.

Then I will be nearly ready for spraying :-).. so I would say I'm 40% done ready for spraying

Steve

Comment

are you building from a manual or dvd?

Comment

Originally posted by disilva
                                are you building from a manual or dvd?
                                nither. the manual they have done so far only covers the stripping of the car and cutting the doors. thats about it. I know there are plans to finish it but there flat out building turn keys.. I do however have something much better THERE PHONE NUMBER !!!! [evil laugh] MU HA HA HA [/evil laugh] No serious, when I went to pick the kit up they spent around 2 hours going through each and every single step. I also have a couple of other guys who gave me there numbers (hmmm and supacorse) who have both built this kit. Incase I cant get hold of DNA. I am quite confident I can complete the kit with only afew more calls, but its better than having a manual.. one quick call and Roland from DNA answers.. Hello Steve... lol

There phone support has been second to none.. I have called them at funny hours on weekends and they still answer ! cant beat that !

Everything so far about this kit has been fantastic, as you can all clearly see from the pictures the build is going well and I havent come across a single problem..

Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X