DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNA 3Sixty Build Diary - CdRsKuLL

What ferrari side badges are you using? I noticed indentation in the hood for the little square ferrari emblem so I wondered if you are using metal side badges or the resin ones. The resin wing badges go for about $50 US where as the metal curved ones are a couple of hundred at least. Seems like the DNA kit is designed for the resin ones since I wonder if the metal side emblems require drilling holes? Not sure.

Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
      nither. the manual they have done so far only covers the stripping of the car and cutting the doors. thats about it. I know there are plans to finish it but there flat out building turn keys.. I do however have something much better THERE PHONE NUMBER !!!! [evil laugh] MU HA HA HA [/evil laugh] No serious, when I went to pick the kit up they spent around 2 hours going through each and every single step. I also have a couple of other guys who gave me there numbers (hmmm and supacorse) who have both built this kit. Incase I cant get hold of DNA. I am quite confident I can complete the kit with only afew more calls, but its better than having a manual.. one quick call and Roland from DNA answers.. Hello Steve... lol

There phone support has been second to none.. I have called them at funny hours on weekends and they still answer ! cant beat that !

Everything so far about this kit has been fantastic, as you can all clearly see from the pictures the build is going well and I havent come across a single problem..

Steve
      I've heard from a couple of builders that Roland was very helpful.. I hope he continues the good service as time goes by... I suggest he trains a rookie all the tricks to take over the support calls in future.. because once he gets too many clients, he will not be able to give 100% all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by sbsport23
        What ferrari side badges are you using? I noticed indentation in the hood for the little square ferrari emblem so I wondered if you are using metal side badges or the resin ones. The resin wing badges go for about $50 US where as the metal curved ones are a couple of hundred at least. Seems like the DNA kit is designed for the resin ones since I wonder if the metal side emblems require drilling holes? Not sure.

Keep it up.
        Hi m8, I have already bought the resin type but I'm still undecided if I'm going to put them on or not.. still need to decide on that one.
        DNA Owners Club - DNA Kitcar Related Website
        Extreme Owners Club - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

Originally posted by illuder
          nither. the manual they have done so far only covers the stripping of the car and cutting the doors. thats about it. I know there are plans to finish it but there flat out building turn keys.. I do however have something much better THERE PHONE NUMBER !!!! [evil laugh] MU HA HA HA [/evil laugh] No serious, when I went to pick the kit up they spent around 2 hours going through each and every single step. I also have a couple of other guys who gave me there numbers (hmmm and supacorse) who have both built this kit. Incase I cant get hold of DNA. I am quite confident I can complete the kit with only afew more calls, but its better than having a manual.. one quick call and Roland from DNA answers.. Hello Steve... lol

There phone support has been second to none.. I have called them at funny hours on weekends and they still answer ! cant beat that !

Everything so far about this kit has been fantastic, as you can all clearly see from the pictures the build is going well and I havent come across a single problem..

Steve
          I've heard from a couple of builders that Roland was very helpful.. I hope he continues the good service as time goes by... I suggest he trains a rookie all the tricks to take over the support calls in future.. because once he gets too many clients, he will not be able to give 100% all the time...
          As time goes by there will be a bigger builder base but at the mo theres only a few of us about. Its a very easy kit to build as well.. as you can see, nothing like as many bits to loose as the extreme :-)

Steve

Comment

Steve
            As time goes by there will be a bigger builder base but at the mo theres only a few of us about. Its a very easy kit to build as well.. as you can see, nothing like as many bits to loose as the extreme :-)

Steve
            also...not even close to the perfection of the extreme ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob123

Steve

Steve
              Hi Rob123, I wasnt having a dig at the extreme at all, if you have been reading the extreme thread you will notice that the guys that have been building illuders kit have misplaced a few things.. I was having a little joke about this :-) I agree the extreme is a good replica of the 360 coupe.. but I dont think I'm skilled enough to build one to be honest with all the blending and welding that needs doing. I also aint keen on front wheel drive cars.. + at the end of the day I wanted a convertable.. I take my hat off to the guys that are doing the extreme kits.. if I can offer them any help at all I will do. I have the upmost respect to anyone that gets off there arse and throws themselves into kitcar projects no matter which kit they choose. I could mention all the things I dont like about the extreme kit but I would rather people make there own mind up. All kits have there good points and bad points and its from these points you decided if the kit suits you or not.

Sadly I havent done anything on mine tonight, the wife wanted to go shopping.. so I needed to stay in the house incase the kids started crying. I will however steal a couple of hours back tomorrow and get both doors done and the rear bumper on :-)

Very happy with the way things are going.. I think I've spent about 20 hours on it so far. :-) not bad at all

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Rob123

Steve

Steve
                sorry but perfection is not something that takes 2 years 2 build and needs gallons of filler
                surely its about driving these cars as well as building them if a guy wants one by the time the
                2 year build has gone by he will be wanting something else,
                and a front wheel drive front engine 4 seater is not and will
                never be a mid engine 2 seater sports car so sorry close but no
                cigar keep up the great work cdrsull as you have a mid engine
                2 seater sports spyder that has got to be the best quality kit
                I have ever seen looking at the pics on this build thread,
                from everyone.

Comment

Thanks m8 :-) I have decided that I dont need to sand anything off the door and just move the front body a couple of mm's forward where it connects to the windscreen piller. I noticed that the side I've already done was slightly more forward then the otherside.. so my mistake. Luckly I havent bonded anything on the front yet to its a 2 min job:-) phew.

Just nipped in the garage and took a few pic's I placed the rear deck onto the car tonight to check out the lines.. I wasnt at least surprised to find they lined up perfect :-) lol.. couple of other pics as well. You can also see the one piece rear bumper on the car which will be on tomorrow :-)

Will try and get the car outside tomorrow and get some work done on it. (I hope)

Steve

Comment

Thanks m8 :-) I have decided that I dont need to sand anything off the door and just move the front body a couple of mm's forward where it connects to the windscreen piller. I noticed that the side I've already done was slightly more forward then the otherside.. so my mistake. Luckly I havent bonded anything on the front yet to its a 2 min job:-) phew.

Just nipped in the garage and took a few pic's I placed the rear deck onto the car tonight to check out the lines.. I wasnt at least surprised to find they lined up perfect :-) lol.. couple of other pics as well. You can also see the one piece rear bumper on the car which will be on tomorrow :-)

Will try and get the car outside tomorrow and get some work done on it. (I hope)

Steve
                    Looks like you will be climbing in and out of this car it looks a tight fit hope you are not going to be climbing over it when its in paint
                    your next build needs to be a bigger garageto fit it in.

Comment

Rob 123, why don't you just let it go with the extreme thing and let everyone get on with their own thing.
                      For the record I am a definite admirer of Ashley and will always remain so.
                      Different cars, different kits, no disputing which is most acurate, no one can argue time and effort and quality from either side so why continue in this way?I really believe Steve meant no ill so don't jump down his throat eh! How about some harmony over here, the industry in the states appears to be much more friendly.
                      Technical and hands on engineer

Comment

Originally posted by hmmm
                        Rob 123, why don't you just let it go with the extreme thing and let everyone get on with their own thing.
                        For the record I am a definite admirer of Ashley and will always remain so.
                        Different cars, different kits, no disputing which is most acurate, no one can argue time and effort and quality from either side so why continue in this way?I really believe Steve meant no ill so don't jump down his throat eh! How about some harmony over here, the industry in the states appears to be much more friendly.
                        c'mon....Steve put the ;-) behind his post...meaning it in a funny way...and so did I. I too admire both companies and their products...and btw none of them would be possible to import/ build up here in Canada...and yes, I agree that the DNA is the easier build. But for me it would be the Extreme as there are many genuine 360s around in my (car crazy) town and even the owners themselves wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the extreme and the genuine (unless they see the interior). And just for the records...Paul built his 360 in no time...but I guess you can spend years on almost all projects...some people have more time than others...
                        Anyways...cheers to all you builders out there...kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by truegroove

Looks like you will be climbing in and out of this car it looks a tight fit hope you are not going to be climbing over it when its in paint
                          your next build needs to be a bigger garageto fit it in.
                          Hahah.. I agree.. You are really good if you can build a car in that tight spot.. ;D

The car is looking great Mr Kull, and in about 6 weeks I will be helping build the first DNA 360 in the US and will definately be watching your build closely for tips and tricks.. 8)
                          http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8...errari1kk7.jpghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6500/antfw3.gif

Comment

Well I'm fed up with working from a small garage.. fed up with the weather.. BUT very pleased with the kit..

Tonight I worked outside in a bit of rain.. drizzle, got fed up off not getting anywhere for a day. So I spent an hour messing about with one of the doors and I cut out the exhaust cat bit thats needed to fit the bumper.. so the rear bumper's on with 3 bolts.. thats why its not quite sitting right on the left hand side, just needs nipping up abit.

As the door goes.. its getting there, it opens but rubs in a couple of places so I need to spend another couple of hours making sure its just right, no point rushing this bit as I would regret it later. I need to make the front alittle more ridged as I only put one fixing tap screw type thing at the top and bottom, this will make the job a bit simpler with the door. Will phone DNA up in the morning and ask there advice on this.. Just wondering when I can bond the front on really.. :-)

Anyway.. heres some pic's

more to come.. depending on the bloody weather !!!

Steve

Comment

starting to look really good man!

Comment

You getting the neighbours asking questions yet?

Didn't realise the doors were that wide! Phew!

I take it you have wheel spacers on now?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X