CRP Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRP Designs

8) I think most of us Diablo builders have been hearing alot of unhappy customers of CRP Designs. They only work with Diablos though. There are at least 4 people that I know who got burned. Do your research first. Couple sites that have some details is kitcentral.com and lambolounge.com

Re: CRP Designs

Here I am replying to my own posts again.
    Take a look on the www.lambolounge.com site as Ron has now been paid in full by CRP and it looks like they are going to make some big changes.

Comment

Looks like CRP is up to something...the website is blank.... Di he up and run away? :-/
      The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
      As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
      Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
      SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
      Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Comment

>
        >

I've also having big trouble with Steve at CRP. If anyone is going to place an order at www.crpdesign.com - please DON'T!!!!

I've haven't recieved all my parts for the kit, and I did send all my money to him.

I suggest that we, all mistreated kitbuilders arrenge a lawsuit against Steve.

/cesaer@hotmail.com

Comment

Oh, hey... nice website.

DKOV -

Comment

Re:CRP Designs

funny CRP was down the street from where i work and ive never seen this post : well i met steve i time when he was shipping a kit this was awhile back :-\ and would you belive he has a real diablo roadster now i know where got the money to buy it

Comment

From reading the posts on this thread, it sounds like the only thing missing from CRP is the letter "A" in the name.

Is he a real kit car business or just another Blaine Kennedy from CK3?

Dave
              If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

the same as CK3 he had some really nice kits but only few people got them :-\
                and alot had ordered :-\

Comment

I have nothing to back this up, but I hear Blaine went to stay at the grey bar hotel for a while because of those people he put it to.

Speaking of that, I wonder if he had a cellmate named Bubba?

Comment

I heard that too... one of his unfortunate victims were a person of legal employ if memory serves.

Tisk tisk...

DKOV -

Comment

Scott:

I wonder where the molds disappeared?

It was a nice kit and looked easy to build. The feature I liked was how the rear clip slid over the rear of the car with the rocker panels on it. Install the doors first, then slide on the rear and the nose, line it up and away you go. At least that's what he said to me in 98. Maybe it was harder than that like all of our other build out have been.

How is your car coming along?

Dave

Comment

It's actually out in the steet.

Not that it's running or painted, I just needed to make room for yet another 355!

I now have THREE parked in my driveway. One IFG cloner Spyder, one AD 355 Coupe and my 355 Coupe.

As soon as the sun comes out a bit more, I want to line them all up and get pictures. That should be cool!

I need to do it today though... the Red Spider is sold and being picked up in the AM. After that, I'm down to only TWO Ferraris

As for my car... All I need to complete now is the headlight buckets. I'm modifying them for the real 355 headlamps and just havne't had the time to install them. Everything else is mounted and ready for paint prep.

As usual, I keep deciding on changing or modifying this or that... the latest is the rear quarter windows. I've had the real F355 glass and the AD Concept frames to graft into the Mirage kit but couldn't decide whether or not I wanted to cut into it. I've pretty much decided to so that needs to get started.

My motor is still not back into the car yet either... I pulled it out to be buillt up for the big turbo application and ended up doing even MORE to it than I planned. So that added time. It was done two weeks ago and then I added yet ANOTHER change, a forged steel crank, so it had to be torn down again. I hope to have it back in another week or so. Then I can get it in the car and get some weight on the back end to bring it down. Right now, it looks like a Rally Car it's so high with no weight in it! It'll come down though when the motor, tranny, interior, etc. is installed plus they're coil overs so I can adjust them if need be more.

Speaking of Interior... I now have the SI Kits done PREupholstered and got the first one back yeasterday from the upholsterer... WOW. Sure looks good. I'll be installing this one into the AD Concepts Coupe I have here before I sell it. Granted, it did have all real OEM dash and gauges and stuff in it but they weren't hooked up yet so I decided that maybe I should sell them separately or install the SI Kit with VDOs to make sure everything worked correctly and give the best market appeal.

What's nice is that the wide track is done, body is on, OEM glass is in. Koneig wheels are on... all it needs is the Interior to be sorted and the paint. It's currently Blue which I hate. It'll be yellow or red here in another month.

Who knows... I may just keep it too. Looks REALLY nice. I gotta say though, parking it next to my Mirage 355 Coupe, I think the Mirage is much more agressive looking. I'm not sure why but it is. The Mirage has the correct rear window and with the OEM quarter glass and frames in there...

I really am in love it it. The Mirage will definately stay. Plus with 500+ HP, a full race chassis, 13.6 inch brakes and OEM wheels... it does have it's advantages

This is probably not the pkace to post all this but I figured I'd anwers your question. I hope your Spider is working out for you. You've sounded a bit discouraged with it lately.

Good Luck!

DKOV -

Comment

Scott:

Your right about the roof on a Mirage. Before I chopped the top off my car, I had it set up with the Air Dynamics nose, doors, rockers, full length rear deck lid (that took care of the up and down look of the rear glass with a little slant toward the rear at the top like the real deal) and the AD rear bumper. I actually fixed all of the things I didn't like about the Mirage. Then I got the sunshine, wind blowing through what remains of my hair, wind in the face bug!

I sold the Mirage to Bondo Bob and chopped off the top of my car. Well I can say I will never do that again. The good news is more than saving money on my car insurance but that it is almost ready to go to the body shop for new paint. I think I might not do the folding part of the top for a while. The header is done along with the plans. Maybe this winter after I drive the beast for a while and commit a few traffic crimes.

Good to chat with you about your car. I am sure it will be one of the best.

Regards to you and your family,

Dave

Comment

Here are some links

http://www.kitcar.com/consumeralert/

Some reputible companies are on here like

IFG
                            D&R Replicas

Also

Fiberglass Workshop and Lamboshop which was being talked about in another post.

Also check this out about CK3 Design

http://www.kitcar.com/consumeralert/...rch-suite.html

Black Ace

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X