carkitinc.com opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carkitinc.com opinions?

I called these guys up today with a pile of questions but they were so anti-social that after just one inquiry I couldn't wait to hang up the phone. They actually seamed offended that I wanted to talk to them.

Needless to say, I am now a little nervous about spending $4,000 with them.

So now I am going to need some customer opinions before making any decisions about dealing with them. Has anyone bought a kit from them? Are they legit?

Really it just depends on who you talk to there. They have other businesses like the pawn shop and used car sales so sometimes they are busy. As far as quality goes there is lots of information on the net, here and on You Tube and short of flying out you can gather enough to show they are legit but sometimes there are minor problems.
    Being in Sacramento though have you spoken with Ralley?

Since you are on the west coast though maybe you should talk to Rob also to see what he is offering.......

Comment

HOME = Ralley

Rob's LP 640 = Rob

Car Kit, Inc. = Jackie

Comment

Who are those guys? Contact info? Website?

I am actually starting to look seriously in to just building my own. I use to be a big-time scale model artiest, which involves making accurate replicas of things. I am pretty sure I can use the same principals to figure out closer specs and make more accurate replicas off of them then allot of these guys are offering.

Plus, if I make a spare Aventador body, I bet I can trade it for the tires, paint job and some of the interior electronics. LOL. I'll still look in to these guys before making a final decision though.

Comment

Originally posted by satinta View Post
          HOME = Ralley

Rob's LP 640 = Rob

Car Kit, Inc. = Jackie
          Thanks. Looking in to them.

Comment

check your PM .. private message box
            In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Jackie is a doosh bag but they do have stuff for sale. It's legit. But again, he's an ass.

Comment

I spoke with Rob today. I feel allot more comfortable with him and he's also much closer. It sounds like his kits are much higher quality for the same amount of $ too.

Comment

Thats because my kits are the best out there for the price I sell them at. Is there a better kit, maybe in another country, but not in the US Call me back if you need any more info

Comment

I agree that for the price , I think robs kits are better than cki

However in the USA john Watson makes the best mercy kit , hands down
                    I believe he is also more expensive , but you get what you pay for

Comment

I spoke with Rob yesterday and he mentioned some plans for the Aventador being available for sale somewhere. I am going to try and hunt them down when I start having $ again.

If miracle happens I will try getting a shell from Rob. As it stands, I am going to try and order some Aventador lights from Rob when $ is available to do it.

But for right now, I am going to just focus on getting the car and raw materials.

Comment

I bought the roadster kit from carkitinc... A Very painful transaction... Glad I got the kit and all mounted on my Porsche Boxster but as most know this is just the beginning, but loving my second lambo build for sure...
                        -Thanks

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X