No announcement yet.

CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

Did any of you know about this?

CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OIL DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006

WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS, CHINESE TAP BILLIONS OF BARRELS

(Issue #22, May 29, 2006)

http://www.americanfreepress.net/htm..._drilling.html

By Mike Blair

While Washington dithers over exploiting oil and gas reserves off the coast of Florida, China has seized the opportunity to gobble up these deposits, which run throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and along the U.S. Gulf coast.

The Chinese have forged a deal with Cuban leader Fidel Castro to explore and tap into massive oil reserves almost within sight of Key West, Florida.

At the same time, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who controls the largest oil reserves in the Western Hemisphere, is making deals to sell his country’s oil to China, oil that is currently coming to the United States.

Meanwhile, a new left-wing populist regime in Bolivia has nationalized the natural gas industry, threatening to cut off supplies to the United States.

SLANT DRILLING

There are new reports out circulating that Chinese firms are planning to slant drill off the Cuban coast near the Florida Straits, tapping into U.S. oil reserves that are estimated at 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels.

This compares with 4 billion to 10 billion barrels believed to be beneath the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, where drilling is held up in Congress due to the objections of environmental groups which warn of endangering caribou.

Permission to drill in the refuge, which experts are certain will not present any environmental hazard, has failed by just two votes in the Senate.

As Chinese business increases its reach around the world, it is seeking oil, which it lacks domestically.

After elections in Mexico in early July, when a new regime hostile to Washington is expected to take power, the United States might be without supplies of Mexican crude oil. The United States gets about 40 percent of its imported oil from Mexico and Venezuela.

China is eager to tap into oil reserves in the Florida Straits and then make a deal with Castro to control it.

The Chinese have already reopened an abandoned Russian oil refinery in Cuba. Much of the gas refined there is believed to be destined for Freeport in the Bahamas, where the Chinese, through front company Hutchison-Whampoa, has developed a massive port facility and airfield.

With the refinery reopened and expanded it will also meet the needs of Castro.

Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) has introduced legislation to ease U.S. restrictions that prevent dealing with Cuba to drill in the Florida Straits. It is hoped that Florida regulations that prevent U.S. oil drilling off the state’s coasts could also be eased.

The irony is that Chinese drilling could be even more of an environmental hazard since China is not as concerned about or equipped to deal with any potential ecological disaster as a result of a spill, said Craig.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re: CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

I could not agree with you more. But it is probably already too late. We are years behind. You can write off Chavez, he absolutely hates the US and will likely sell their oil at a lower rate to China just to keep it from the US. I see tensions with Mexico growing and escalating to possible military action with-in ten to fifteen years. I am not usually a doomsdayer but every society has risen and fallen, none last forever. When this all moved to a global economy, the country on top (America) only had one way to go, down. I was hoping the slow down would not be soo steep but if you look at the value of the US dollar and the inflation of consumer goods due to high fuel and transportation cost. It is very steep. Couple this with very high food cost due to farming shifting to more crops for renewable energy like E85 ethanol this could really become a dangerous situation. Then if we elect a bunch of leftist democrats that will continue to bind the hand of the department of energy, wow.

Comment

Re: CHINA HAS BEEN DRILLING OFF FLORIDA SINCE 2006 WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS

Regardless, I think we need to start drilling now. The Dem Congress is doing nothing, while people suffer. Isn't it funny, that I can rake the Dems over the coals for doing nothing while people suffer. Were it in reverse, the media would have 24/7 coverage of this suffering. But, since it is caused by the Dems it is either OK, or not enough suffering to be bad.

Come to think of it both sides of the house have no backbone to do what is correct for the citizens of our country. We need to clean the bumbs out. All of them.

Comment

You two had better watch what you say about leftist/Dems/liberals, or you are going to upset Ops! ;D ;D ;D

All in good fun....doncha know!

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...KM3OGCBA&hl=en

Comment

Do we drill our own oil, or go after the AlQueida in Venezuela and get rid of Chavez.. :-X

As the price of oil rises so will the desire to drill oil from any and all reserves.. You all know its all about money.. Oil is big money right now and the politicians will be bought out and the oil companys will drill and even if there is enough oil to supply the US entirely the oil companys will restrict the ammount of oil they can drill to a level that will keep these oil prices high and very profitable..

The oil producing Countrys are getting so rich right now you have no idea.. Well, all those countrys are so corrupt that all the money is going to the Governing faction.. Be it the royal family, the King or the President..

Unless we (The US) gets our supply cut off from Opec what "Real world" difference would it make who drills the oil off of Florida.. If a US oil company drills the oil and sells it too the US it will still sell the drilled oil at market value.. The only difference is those huge profits will go to a American company.. Thats not a bad thing, but im sure drilling our own oil will not drop the price of gas here..

Now if we were to drill the oil and the drilling company were to sell the oil to the US for 1/2 the price of what Opec charges and stop buying from Opec it might make a difference.. But that wont happen..

I agree we should start drilling off of Florida, And not just to beat China to it, but as you stated to keep the enviromental hazzards that China might create by not being as regulated and carefull as others might be.. Now we see China becoming a major user of the worlds natural resources just as the US has been for many many years.. Here is a secret, China is the primary reason for the global price increases in oil.. They are utlimately creating the larger demand for oil since they are buying twice as much oil as they were 10 years ago.. Opec has increased output just slightly over the past 10 years, but China's demand has doubled.. This combination has created the small supply and large demand for oil recently..

The other thing is if the oil is drilled by China or the US and if our demand on foriegn oil drops, Opec will cut production to keep the supply low and keep the prices high.. Unless we could drill enough to become 100% self sufficient..

Black Op's is going to have a EV hayday with this thread.. ;D
            http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8...errari1kk7.jpghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6500/antfw3.gif

Comment

Thats a great video.. Very informative..
              http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8...errari1kk7.jpghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6500/antfw3.gif

Comment

"Unless we (The US) gets our supply cut off from Opec what "Real world" difference would it make who drills the oil off of Florida.. If a US oil company drills the oil and sells it too the US it will still sell the drilled oil at market value.. The only difference is those huge profits will go to a American company.. Thats not a bad thing, but im sure drilling our own oil will not drop the price of gas here.."

One of the big reasons for drilling our own oil is to keep the money flow coming back to the USA. Today all of the flow of dollars is outbound devaluing ours currency making the USA (you and me) broke. It is called the Gross Domestic Product. GDP.

It’s true, the environmentalists do not want oil companies to drill off the Florida coast. But as usual, the whole story isn't provided by politically motivated media outlets and too many folks would rather believe slanted versions of the truth. In addition to left-wing environmentalists, conservative Republicans from Florida have also opposed off-shore drilling. This includes previous governor Jeb Bush and current Republican governor Charlie Crist. Republican senator Mel Martinez co-sponsored a bill to place a huge drilling buffer around Florida. Republican congressman Gus Bilirakis also wrote legislation banning off-shore drilling. The fact is - residents of Florida deeply oppose drilling off their coasts and conservatives from Florida have done just as much as any other group to block it as anyone.

Comment

Liberalism will kill us all......but we will FEEL good about it....

In light of skyrocketing energy prices, not to mention simple good stewardship of creation, we’re all in favor of conservation of energy and finding innovative new solutions to the problem. It’s the government control peddled by Al Gore and his minions that colors us “skeptics.” For example, some of Britain’s Members of Parliament are advocating a “carbon ration card” for every adult in the UK to use when paying for gas, airline tickets or household energy. Those who exceed their ration would be forced to buy carbon credits. We think someone had a few too many pints.

We’re not alone in our opposition to the agenda of climate-change alarmists. Czech President Vaclav Klaus has published a new book titled, Blue Planet in Green Shackles—What Is Endangered: Climate or Freedom? in which he argues that the great danger facing the human race is the loss of freedom for a hoax. He compares climate alarmism with communism: “Like their [communist] predecessors, they will be certain that they have the right to sacrifice man and his freedom to make their idea reality.” He added, “In the past, it was in the name of the Marxists or of the proletariat—this time, in the name of the planet.” Klaus has also extended several invitations to debate Al Gore, to no avail. “I many times tried to talk to have a public exchange of views with him, and he’s not too much willing to make such a conversation,” Klaus said. Apparently Klaus hasn’t heard: “The debate is over,” according to Gore. Right?

Black Opps, maybe you could sell offsets from the people using EV to those of us with kit cars.

Comment

I found this tonight and it seems to fit the way I feel and live. This guy is a little older than I but his words hit home.

Rant to the right or wrong!

The following fullpage ad was placed in the Washington Post by a business man named George J. Esseff, Sr. He paid $104,655 .60 to run the ad. It is a great read.

In today's America ask a growing number of high school and college students, their teachers and professors, the self-anointed media elite and/or hard working men and women of all ethnicity the question, 'What is a Republican?' and you'll be told a rich, greedy, egotistical individual, motivated only by money and the desire to accumulate more and more of it, at the expense of the environment, the working poor and all whom they exploit.

I am a Republican - And I am none of those things and I don't know any Republicans who are!

WHAT I AM first and foremost, is a loving husband of some 72 plus years, the father of four and an American who's proud of his country and his
                    country's heritage.

WHAT I AM is the grandson of immigrants who risked every-thing, including their lives and those of their children, to escape tyranny in search of freedom.

WHAT I AM is a man who grew up during the Depression and witnessed first hand the effects of the Stock Market crash and the soup lines that followed. I watched as both my parents and grand parents, who had very little themselves, share what food they had with a half dozen other families, who had even less.

WHAT I AM is someone who worked his way through college by holding down three and four jobs at a time and then used that education to build a better life.

WHAT I AM is a husband who at age 24 started his own business for the 'privilege' of working 60, 70 and 80 hours a week, risking everything I had including my health, in search of a better life for myself and my loved ones.

WHAT I AM is a businessman whose blood, sweat and tears and plenty of them... made it possible for me to provide a secure living not only for my family and myself, but also for literally hundreds of my employees throughout the years. Employees who in turn were able to buy their own homes, raise their own families and give back to their communities and their country.

WHAT I AM is a man who believes in God; a God who has blessed this country... and all for which it stands.

WHAT I AM is someone who knows, if you doubt miracles exist in today's world, you need only to look into the face of those who received them and the eyes of those who give them.

WHAT I AM is an American who's proud that his President embraces a belief in God; proud of a President who understands, as 'politically incorrect' as it may be, that there is evil in this world and for the security and safety of all freedom loving people everywhere, it must be confronted and it must be defeated.

WHAT I AM is an American who takes comfort in the knowledge that our President refuses to allow decisions concerning the very safety and security of this nation, to be governed by the political whims of foreign governments.

WHAT I AM is tired of hearing from leading Democrats who see only negativity in America; racism in her people; class warfare in her society and 'political incorrectness' in her character.

WHAT I AM is a former democrat who now understands that it is the soldier and not the reporter that guarantees us our freedoms of press, speech and dissent.

WHAT I AM is a man who believes in the sanctity of life. A man who is repulsed by the pandering of the political left for votes, at the expense of the unborn.

WHAT I AM is a husband and father who believes in the sanctity of marriage and the preservation of the family unit.

WHAT I AM is an ex-movie goer who is repulsed by those insecure, socially inept, elementary thinking, ego-inflated 'entertainers' who have appointed themselves 'experts' in the fields of national security and geo-politics and then use their forum to attack this nation, its leaders and its actions much to the delight and encouragement of our enemies.

WHAT I AM is an American who understands the difference between 'censorship' and 'choice.' Evidently, these individuals do not, because when these same 'celebrities' receive public ridicule for their offensive actions, the first thing they yell is 'censorship.' What they seem incapable of understanding is the right of free speech and dissent is shared equally by those offended as well as those who offend. I support and will continue to support those films and performers whom I choose to and refuse to support those I don't. It is my right as an American!, a right I will continue to enthusiastically exercise.

WHAT I AM is a voter, tired of politicians, who every time their voting Records are subjected to public scrutiny, try to divert attention from their political and legislative failures by accusing their opponents of 'attack ads' and 'negative campaigning'... and the news media who allow them to get away with it.

WHAT I AM is a Catholic who loves his God and his Faith and who's been taught to respect all religions whose teachings are based in love, peace and charity. As such, I am embarrassed and ashamed of those individuals in both private and public life whose decisions and actions are devoid of any sense of character or morals; individuals who are only driven by what's best for them rather than what's right often times at the expense of many including our national security.

WHAT I AM is a realist who understands that the terrorist attack that murdered hundreds of innocent Russian children could have occurred here, in our heartland. That's why I sincerely believe America needs now, more than ever, a President who sees with a clear and focused vision and who speaks with a voice when heard by both friend and foe alike is understood, respected and believed.

WHAT I AM is s eternally grateful to Ronald Reagan for having the bravery to speak out against Communism and the courage of his convictions in leading the fight to defeat it; and George W. Bush for the vision, courage, conviction and leadership he has shown in America's war on terrorism amidst both the constant and vicious, personal and political attacks both he and his family are made to endure.

WHAT I AM is a human being, full of numerous faults and failures, but a man nonetheless who though not always successful, has continually strived to do 'what's right' instead of 'what's easy.' A man who is challenging the religious leaders of all faiths, to not only preach to their congregations the fundamentals of 'what's right' and 'what's wrong,' but to also hold them accountable for their actions in both the public and private sectors.

WHAT I AM is disgusted with the Courts who on one hand call the murder of a pregnant woman a 'double homicide,' but then refer to the abortion of her baby as 'pro-choice'.

WHAT I AM is someone deeply troubled by a political party which embraced a candidate whose primary 'leadership' qualities center around his protesting of the Vietnam war and his labeling the honorable men and women who fought in it, (50,000 of whom gave their lives in that action), as rapists, and war criminals (John Kerry).

That same political party then stepped forward this year to block the appearance of a true Vietnam war hero, retired Admiral and former United States Senator, Jeremiah Denton, (a man who spent seven years and seven torturous months in a North Vietnam prison), from speaking before an open session of the California legislature as part of that state's 4th of July celebration. The reason Democrats gave for refusing to allow this American hero to speak before their state legislature was because of the 'conservative' nature of his views. As an American, that troubles me deeply as well it should you.

WHAT I AM is a man who feels the need to spend, ONE HUNDRED & FOUR THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED & FIFTY FIVE DOLLARS ($104,655.60, tax paid) of his own money, to purchase this advertisement, in order to set the story straight. Some may say this money would have been better spent feeding the world's poor. At the risk of sounding self-serving, as an American and as a Republican, for the last six decades of my life, I have done exactly that and more.

Following the examples of my parents and grand parents, I have used my earnings to feed the poor, shelter the homeless, provide housing for the elderly and medical care for the sick and continue to do so and I'm not alone in that work.

WHAT I AM is someone who is paying for this announcement at my sole expense in hopes of opening the eyes of those led blindly by ill-informed elements of our great nation, who, through either ignorance, or malicious intent, repeatedly attack and belittle those of us who belong to a political party that holds true to the belief, 'The rights of the governed, exceed the power of the government.' For those interested, I am speaking only as a tax-paying individual who is in no way associated with the Republican National Committee, nor with any of its directors, or delegates.

WHAT I AM is a man who understands, 'the American way of life' is a message of self-empowerment for all.

WHAT I AM is an American who is grateful that our nation gives each of us the opportunity of self-determination and the right to benefit from the fruits of self achievement.

WHAT I AM is an American who wants to preserve that way of life for all who seek it.

WHAT I AM is blessed to be an American and proud to be a Republican.

**************************AMEN******************** **********

Comment

Global Warming and the Price of a Gallon of Gas
                      by John Coleman

You may want to give credit where credit is due to Al Gore and his global warming campaign the next time you fill your car with gasoline, because there is a direct connection between Global Warming and four dollar a gallon gas. It is shocking, but true, to learn that the entire Global Warming frenzy is based on the environmentalist’s attack on fossil fuels, particularly gasoline. All this big time science, international meetings, thick research papers, dire threats for the future; all of it, comes down to their claim that the carbon dioxide in the exhaust from your car and in the smoke stacks from our power plants is destroying the climate of planet Earth. What an amazing fraud; what a scam.

The future of our civilization lies in the balance.

That’s the battle cry of the High Priest of Global Warming Al Gore and his fellow, agenda driven disciples as they predict a calamitous outcome from anthropogenic global warming. According to Mr. Gore the polar ice caps will collapse and melt and sea levels will rise 20 feet inundating the coastal cities making 100 million of us refugees. Vice President Gore tells us numerous Pacific islands will be totally submerged and uninhabitable. He tells us global warming will disrupt the circulation of the ocean waters, dramatically changing climates, throwing the world food supply into chaos. He tells us global warming will turn hurricanes into super storms, produce droughts, wipe out the polar bears and result in bleaching of coral reefs. He tells us tropical diseases will spread to mid latitudes and heat waves will kill tens of thousands. He preaches to us that we must change our lives and eliminate fossil fuels or face the dire consequences. The future of our civilization is in the balance.

With a preacher’s zeal, Mr. Gore sets out to strike terror into us and our children and make us feel we are all complicit in the potential demise of the planet.

Here is my rebuttal.

There is no significant man made global warming. There has not been any in the past, there is none now and there is no reason to fear any in the future. The climate of Earth is changing. It has always changed. But mankind’s activities have not overwhelmed or significantly modified the natural forces.

Through all history, Earth has shifted between two basic climate regimes: ice ages and what paleoclimatologists call “Interglacial periods”. For the past 10 thousand years the Earth has been in an interglacial period. That might well be called nature’s global warming because what happens during an interglacial period is the Earth warms up, the glaciers melt and life flourishes. Clearly from our point of view, an interglacial period is greatly preferred to the deadly rigors of an ice age. Mr. Gore and his crowd would have us believe that the activities of man have overwhelmed nature during this interglacial period and are producing an unprecedented, out of control warming.

Well, it is simply not happening. Worldwide there was a significant natural warming trend in the 1980’s and 1990’s as a Solar cycle peaked with lots of sunspots and solar flares. That ended in 1998 and now the Sun has gone quiet with fewer and fewer Sun spots, and the global temperatures have gone into decline. Earth has cooled for almost ten straight years. So, I ask Al Gore, where’s the global warming?

The cooling trend is so strong that recently the head of the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change had to acknowledge it. He speculated that nature has temporarily overwhelmed mankind’s warming and it may be ten years or so before the warming returns. Oh, really. We are supposed to be in a panic about man-made global warming and the whole thing takes a ten year break because of the lack of Sun spots. If this weren’t so serious, it would be laughable.

Now allow me to talk a little about the science behind the global warming frenzy. I have dug through thousands of pages of research papers, including the voluminous documents published by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I have worked my way through complicated math and complex theories. Here’s the bottom line: the entire global warming scientific case is based on the increase in carbon dioxide in the atmosphere from the use of fossil fuels. They don’t have any other issue. Carbon Dioxide, that’s it.

Hello Al Gore; Hello UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. Your science is flawed; your hypothesis is wrong; your data is manipulated. And, may I add, your scare tactics are deplorable. The Earth does not have a fever. Carbon dioxide does not cause significant global warming.

The focus on atmospheric carbon dioxide grew out a study by Roger Revelle who was an esteemed scientist at the Scripps Oceanographic Institute. He took his research with him when he moved to Harvard and allowed his students to help him process the data for his paper. One of those students was Al Gore. That is where Gore got caught up in this global warming frenzy. Revelle’s paper linked the increases in carbon dioxide, CO2, in the atmosphere with warming. It labeled CO2 as a greenhouse gas.

Charles Keeling, another researcher at the Scripps Oceanographic Institute, set up a system to make continuous CO2 measurements. His graph of these increases has now become known as the Keeling Curve. When Charles Keeling died in 2005, his son David, also at Scripps, took over the measurements. Here is what the Keeling curve shows: an increase in CO2 from 315 parts per million in 1958 to 385 parts per million today, an increase of 70 parts per million or about 20 percent.

All the computer models, all of the other findings, all of the other angles of study, all come back to and are based on CO2 as a significant greenhouse gas. It is not.

Here is the deal about CO2, carbon dioxide. It is a natural component of our atmosphere. It has been there since time began. It is absorbed and emitted by the oceans. It is used by every living plant to trigger photosynthesis. Nothing would be green without it. And we humans; we create it. Every time we breathe out, we emit carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. It is not a pollutant. It is not smog. It is a naturally occurring invisible gas.

Let me illustrate. I estimate that this square in front of my face contains 100,000 molecules of atmosphere. Of those 100,000 only 38 are CO2; 38 out of a hundred thousand. That makes it a trace component. Let me ask a key question: how can this tiny trace upset the entire balance of the climate of Earth? It can’t. That’s all there is to it; it can’t.

The UN IPCC has attracted billions of dollars for the research to try to make the case that CO2 is the culprit of run-away, man-made global warming. The scientists have come up with very complex creative theories and done elaborate calculations and run computer models they say prove those theories. They present us with a concept they call radiative forcing. The research organizations and scientists who are making a career out of this theory, keep cranking out the research papers. Then the IPCC puts on big conferences at exotic places, such as the recent conference in Bali. The scientists endorse each other’s papers, they are summarized and voted on, and viola, we are told global warming is going to kill us all unless we stop burning fossil fuels.

May I stop here for a few historical notes? First, the internal combustion engine and gasoline were awful polluters when they were first invented. And, both gasoline and automobile engines continued to leave a layer of smog behind right up through the 1960’s. Then science and engineering came to the environmental rescue. Better exhaust and ignition systems, catalytic converters, fuel injectors, better engineering throughout the engine and reformulated gasoline have all contributed to a huge reduction in the exhaust emissions from today’s cars. Their goal then was to only exhaust carbon dioxide and water vapor, two gases widely accepted as natural and totally harmless. Anyone old enough to remember the pall of smog that used to hang over all our cities knows how much improvement there has been. So the environmentalists, in their battle against fossil fuels and automobiles had a very good point forty years ago, but now they have to focus almost entirely on the once harmless carbon dioxide. And, that is the rub. Carbon dioxide is not an environmental problem; they just want you now to think it is.

Numerous independent research projects have been done about the greenhouse impact from increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide. These studies have proven to my total satisfaction that CO2 is not creating a major greenhouse effect and is not causing an increase in temperatures. By the way, before his death, Roger Revelle coauthored a paper cautioning that CO2 and its greenhouse effect did not warrant extreme countermeasures.

So now it has come down to an intense campaign, orchestrated by environmentalists claiming that the burning of fossil fuels dooms the planet to run-away global warming. Ladies and Gentlemen, that is a myth.

So how has the entire global warming frenzy with all its predictions of dire consequences, become so widely believed, accepted and regarded as a real threat to planet Earth? That is the most amazing part of the story.

To start with global warming has the backing of the United Nations, a major world force. Second, it has the backing of a former Vice President and very popular political figure. Third it has the endorsement of Hollywood, and that’s enough for millions. And, fourth, the environmentalists love global warming. It is their tool to combat fossil fuels. So with the environmentalists, the UN, Gore and Hollywood touting Global Warming and predictions of doom and gloom, the media has scrambled with excitement to climb aboard. After all the media loves a crisis. From YK2 to killer bees the media just loves to tell us our lives are threatened. And the media is biased toward liberal, so it’s pre-programmed to support Al Gore and UN. CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, The LA Times, The Washington Post, the Associated Press and here in San Diego The Union Tribune are all constantly promoting the global warming crisis.

So who is going to go against all of that power? Not the politicians. So now the President of the United States, just about every Governor, most Senators and most Congress people, both of the major current candidates for President, most other elected officials on all levels of government are all riding the Al Gore Global Warming express. That is one crowded bus.

I suspect you haven’t heard it because the mass media did not report it, but I am not alone on the no man-made warming side of this issue. On May 20th, a list of the names of over thirty-one thousand scientists who refute global warming was released. Thirty-one thousand of which 9,000 are Ph.ds. Think about that. Thirty-one thousand. That dwarfs the supposed 2,500 scientists on the UN panel. In the past year, five hundred of scientists have issued public statements challenging global warming. A few more join the chorus every week. There are about 100 defectors from the UN IPCC. There was an International Conference of Climate Change Skeptics in New York in March of this year. One hundred of us gave presentations. Attendance was limited to six hundred people. Every seat was taken. There are a half dozen excellent internet sites that debunk global warming. And, thank goodness for KUSI and Michael McKinnon, its owner. He allows me to post my comments on global warming on the website KUSI.com. Following the publicity of my position form Fox News, Glen Beck on CNN, Rush Limbaugh and a host of other interviews, thousands of people come to the website and read my comments. I get hundreds of supportive emails from them. No I am not alone and the debate is not over.

In my remarks in New York I speculated that perhaps we should sue Al Gore for fraud because of his carbon credits trading scheme. That remark has caused a stir in the fringe media and on the internet. The concept is that if the media won’t give us a hearing and the other side will not debate us, perhaps we could use a Court of law to present our papers and our research and if the Judge is unbiased and understands science, we win. The media couldn’t ignore that. That idea has become the basis for legal research by notable attorneys and discussion among global warming debunkers, but it’s a long way from the Court room.

I am very serious about this issue. I think stamping out the global warming scam is vital to saving our wonderful way of life.

The battle against fossil fuels has controlled policy in this country for decades. It was the environmentalist’s prime force in blocking any drilling for oil in this country and the blocking the building of any new refineries, as well. So now the shortage they created has sent gasoline prices soaring. And, it has lead to the folly of ethanol, which is also partly behind the fuel price increases; that and our restricted oil policy. The ethanol folly is also creating a food crisis throughput the world – it is behind the food price rises for all the grains, for cereals, bread, everything that relies on corn or soy or wheat, including animals that are fed corn, most processed foods that use corn oil or soybean oil or corn syrup. Food shortages or high costs have led to food riots in some third world countries and made the cost of eating out or at home budget busting for many.

So now the global warming myth actually has lead to the chaos we are now enduring with energy and food prices. We pay for it every time we fill our gas tanks. Not only is it running up gasoline prices, it has changed government policy impacting our taxes, our utility bills and the entire focus of government funding. And, now the Congress is considering a cap and trade carbon credits policy. We the citizens will pay for that, too. It all ends up in our taxes and the price of goods and services.

So the Global warming frenzy is, indeed, threatening our civilization. Not because global warming is real; it is not. But because of the all the horrible side effects of the global warming scam.

I love this civilization. I want to do my part to protect it.

If Al Gore and his global warming scare dictate the future policy of our governments, the current economic downturn could indeed become a recession, drift into a depression and our modern civilization could fall into an abyss. And it would largely be a direct result of the global warming frenzy.

My personal mission, in what is left of a long and exciting lifetime, is to stamp out this Global Warming silliness and let all of us get on with enjoying our lives and loving our planet, Earth.

Comment

Oil Could Fall Hard, Very Soon

By David Frazier

Oil prices rallied again yesterday, after pulling back a bit during the previous two days. However, trading volume was light and oil prices failed to move above their prior highs. Yesterday’s trading action suggests that oil prices will fall considerably within the next few days.

Meanwhile, growing political uproar over record oil prices could scare off investors, forcing oil prices lower.

For instance, U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama recently suggested that oil companies should pay a 20 percent tax on every barrel of oil that is priced above $80. In my opinion, a “windfall profits tax” would do little to curb the supply-and-demand equation and therefore have no lasting impact on the price. However, political rhetoric promulgated by persons like Obama could scare away oil speculators in the near-term and lead to a decline in oil prices.

The threat of action by Congress also could push down prices. According to congressional testimony from hedge fund manager Michael Masters on May 20, speculation by institutional investors in the commodities futures market has largely been responsible for the dramatic increase in oil prices over the past four months. Of course, Masters acknowledged that the functional demand for oil has risen in the past five years, but he said that oil supplies have kept up with that increase in demand.

However, Masters pointed out, commodity index funds, such as the PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracking Fund, are the biggest culprits behind rising oil demand. These funds are required to hold a certain percentage of physical oil to back their funds. Investors have flocked to these relatively new funds to take advantage of rising oil prices, which has, in turn, created an upward spiral in the price of oil. And that has caused overall demand — functional demand plus index-fund demand — to rise significantly above supply.
                        Although many stock market pundits and so-called oil experts claim that increased demand for oil from China has been the primary cause of the overall increase in oil demand, Masters pointed out that demand for petroleum futures over the past five years has risen by almost the same amount as the demand from China.

With the four-year congressional and U.S. presidential elections just around the corner, my experience suggests that Congress could soon implement measures to curb the fervent speculation in the commodities market. If Congress does take steps to limit the demand for oil from institutional investors, oil prices could fall sharply from their current levels.

Meanwhile, recent comments from Treasury secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to halt the decline in the value of the U.S. dollar also could cause oil prices to fall, given that oil is priced in dollars.
                        Over the longer-term, oil prices may continue to trend higher in the event that large consumers of oil don’t begin using alternative forms of energy. However, I don’t buy into the argument that oil prices will rise to several hundred dollars a barrel over the next couple of years, or that gasoline prices will rise to $6 a gallon by 2010.

In direct contrast, my experience suggests that consumers, businesses, and governments will quickly find substitutes for petroleum when the prices of those products reach a certain level. And, my research indicates we’re now at that point.

In fact, I recently spoke with a car salesman who said that business has been great because vast numbers of consumers have recently been trading in their gas-guzzling SUVs for small, fuel-efficient automobiles. Meanwhile, recent statistics from local governments show that the number of consumers using public transportation systems has increased dramatically over the past two months.

So, I urge you to not get caught up into the recent hype about oil prices going to $200 a barrel by the end of this year.

Comment

I agree Dave.

Comment

All Obama's oil tax is going to do is raise money for more "give away" programs and force the price of fuel even higher. Don't these fools realize that gas companies operate on profit, whatever overhead is added including taxes is just passed right on to the consumer. That per barrel tax will just show up at the pump. The oil and gas companies will still make a profit or they will exsist.

Comment

STOP DRIVING AND LET THEM DROWN IN THERE OWN OIL,AS FAR AS ELECTION GO IT WILL NOT MATTER BUSH WILL DECLAIR WAR ON IRAN AND STAY IN OFFICE UNDER WAR POWERS ACT........get ready for $20.00 GALLON GAS
                              https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/ani360cor.gif

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X