Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murcielago - Help w/ particular kit

Hey guys,
    I've just recently become very interested in building a kit car as my next big project and have been reading this forum furiously getting acclimated to the community LOTS to take in and learn, which I enjoy thoroughly reading and learning about.

I've seen this car in person - http://jvdcustomdesigns.com/for_sale and would like to purchase my Murcielago kit from the same vendor because I like the overall profile best of the kits I've seen. Is this the kit previously made by Triangle G kit who sold the molds to and is now available at CarKitInc?

I'm ready to make the move on purchasing a kit and donor Fiero and getting this project started, and am into the seemingly lower profile that the front/rear bumpers and side skirts on this kit appear to have when compared with others I've seen.

Any input on this particular kit and where to purchase would be most appreciated!

Tom

Re: Murcielago - Help w/ particular kit

contact JVD ,this is a modified version thats done by JVD ,so the answer is no ,the kit from carkitinc will be what he started with if you are refering to the orange car
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Thanks! Sounds like that's the kit I need. The more I look at it the only major change looks to be extending the rear valance down compared to an original Murcielago, and I like that look much better than straight OEM.

Tom

Comment

I just spoke with John @ JVD who's confirmed that they have mold for the kit used on the orange hardtop. It is $7500 for the interior/exterior and other components are additional. Given that it's almost twice the price and doesn't include any light housings or hardware, I'm leaning toward having the OEM style kit modified. Thoughts?

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,
          The car that JVD used for the orange Murcie is the G28 from Triangle-G. Its been modified, but I dont know to what extent. There is a G28L available right now for $9500. The G28L is the LP640 version, which is the new generation of Murcielago's from Lamborghini. Only minor modifications are necessary to bring it back to OEM specs. The car you may have been looking at on Carkitinc is the G24. Its about $4K, and will bankrupt you as far as builds go because nothing will fit it. Not the lights, the grills, or any of the glass. You will have to custom make just about everything on the car, and if you want things like working bat-wings and windows, it will cost you a fortune. Seeing a G24 next to a real Murcie is a joke to say the least. Its the wrong length, height, and width. You will have to make your own taillights and grills, and if you're over 6' tall, you might have trouble fitting. Dont go by the pictures on the Carkit website. You need to see a G24 in person to see what I mean.
          The G24 is not OEM size and shape, the G28 is. $7500 for Jons kit is a GREAT price.
          Without talent experience is worthless

Comment

Just to clarify with everyone here. The orange coupe this gentleman is referring to was originally a G24. I bought one way back in around 2003. I hated the way it looked so I modified everything on it. I mean everything. This was way before the G28 even came out. I added forward swinging hood hinge points, modified the front bumper, made it lower, I also made the rockers and rear bumper much much lower. I flared the fenders front and rear, cut out the batwings and made them workeable. I setup the doors for use with AGP Diablo side glass and the front window from the Maxima I never have liked the look of so I modified the whole body to accept the AGP Diablo front window. The roof was rounded more for headroom and look and if the chassis is done right there should be enough headroom. I have tons of pics of the mods I made to the body. When I was all done with it i took molds of the whole thing. I also made newer interior panels since the G24 panels were aweful. I still like the look of this car even though it's not factory. I may even build another one for myself one day but I will use the new interior panels I've got now. Just wanted to clear it up, this car was Never a G28.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by MURCI-ME
              Hi Tom,
              The car that JVD used for the orange Murcie is the G28 from Triangle-G. Its been modified, but I dont know to what extent. There is a G28L available right now for $9500. The G28L is the LP640 version, which is the new generation of Murcielago's from Lamborghini. Only minor modifications are necessary to bring it back to OEM specs. The car you may have been looking at on Carkitinc is the G24. Its about $4K, and will bankrupt you as far as builds go because nothing will fit it. Not the lights, the grills, or any of the glass. You will have to custom make just about everything on the car, and if you want things like working bat-wings and windows, it will cost you a fortune. Seeing a G24 next to a real Murcie is a joke to say the least. Its the wrong length, height, and width. You will have to make your own taillights and grills, and if you're over 6' tall, you might have trouble fitting. Dont go by the pictures on the Carkit website. You need to see a G24 in person to see what I mean.
              The G24 is not OEM size and shape, the G28 is. $7500 for Jons kit is a GREAT price.
              Mike,
              Thanks for taking the time to save me a ton of time, money and headache. It's greatly appreciated. While I won't require the same level of replica that you've produced, I can't stand poor fitment or sloppy craftsmanship. I will steer clear of the Alabama kit and pick up Jon's kit since both the fitment and looks will be superior. I plan for the Fiero to be all set up with a twin 35R LS1 and G6 6-speed (still researching to find out if that tranny can hold 500-600wtq) swapped with Archie's kits and suspension and brake upgrades from not too sure where yet (still reading) prior to building the body around it. Again thanks for posting it was a big help.

Originally posted by jvdcustomdesigns
              Just to clarify with everyone here. The orange coupe this gentleman is referring to was originally a G24. I bought one way back in around 2003. I hated the way it looked so I modified everything on it. I mean everything. This was way before the G28 even came out. I added forward swinging hood hinge points, modified the front bumper, made it lower, I also made the rockers and rear bumper much much lower. I flared the fenders front and rear, cut out the batwings and made them workeable. I setup the doors for use with AGP Diablo side glass and the front window from the Maxima I never have liked the look of so I modified the whole body to accept the AGP Diablo front window. The roof was rounded more for headroom and look and if the chassis is done right there should be enough headroom. I have tons of pics of the mods I made to the body. When I was all done with it i took molds of the whole thing. I also made newer interior panels since the G24 panels were aweful. I still like the look of this car even though it's not factory. I may even build another one for myself one day but I will use the new interior panels I've got now. Just wanted to clear it up, this car was Never a G28.
              Jon
              Jon,
              I appreciate your mention of all these details, as they've really sold me on your kit. When we spoke I had no idea the modifications to the original kit design were so extensive to achieve the look and fitment of the present design. I'll look forward to dealing with you on that in the future!

Tom

Comment

OK. I may never do anything in the Kit car industry again but I need to tell you DO NOT USE THE V8 ARCHIE KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will bury you with cost, it won't take the abuse, depsite what archie says and it's a stupid setup. I mean, you put a high HP V8 in a car with WAY unequal length axles! And NO Pilot bearing! The thing I built looked high quality but it never worked right. NEVER. Save yourself the headache, add a hump in the rear firewall and use a Porsche G50 or 930 trans. They will take the power and the install will work and look way cleaner! If you need advice on it, let me know. But steer clear of the V8 archie G6 kit!

Comment

Back to the drawing board then for the powertrain! Turbocharged 3800 perhaps? I truly appreciate all of the experienced advice!

Tom

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X