De Tomaso Pantera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De Tomaso Pantera

Does anybody know of a body kit replicating the Pantera?

Thanks.

LarryG

Re: De Tomaso Pantera

There was one for the Fiero - search for it on Pennock's. Honestly though, i didn't think it looked very good. Kind of like the Fiero GT40s- A little too stubby. They are working on a choptop version that looks pretty good though.

*UPDATE*
    here's a link:
    http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043414.html

Comment

It would be cheaper to get the real thing. I have seen nice running Pantera's in the $30k range.

Comment

At 30K they're running but are rust baskets that you can't practically not use.

Nice top notch desirable units go for 2-3 times that amount.

May be it's just me but I like this car ;D

LarryG

Comment

Hi,
          Lovely car , here is a page about what is involved in getting one up together , this guy is only about 30 miles from me . Top panel and leather work .
          http://www.woodsautomotive.co.uk/myrestortaion.htm

Cheers

Comment

I have always loved the Pantera. Good luck with your search.

Comment

LarryG;

I am with you. I like this car as well. I talked quite extensively to the fellow that has the molds for the Pantera replica called the Pantero on the Fireo frame over on Pennock's. Real stand up guy and very honest.

I was looking into that kit before I went with the 288 GTO concept. In my opinion, you can do the same with the Pantero body that David Breeze (owner of the molds) did with his second Pantero body by chopping the roof by an inch or two. I was also going to lengthen the rear section as well the same as we do with the 355's and testa kits. I think it is 98.5" wheelbase so enough room to stick a V8 with Audi trans in fairly easily and really get the erplica look. By extending the rear section, you would come pretty darn close to a Pantera look. David also built a very nice set of flares and front dam that really sets the car off nicely.

I think the kit can be made to look very nice without a lot of extra effort compared to what we do by cutting the roof off our cars.....

Good luck in your search but by all means, give David a call or email and he will be glad to talk to you more about what can be done with the Pantero.

Cheers
              Don
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Thanks Don... I'll check that guy on Pennocks.

How is your 288 project coming along... I haven't been here lately.

Any photos?

Thank you.

LarryG

Comment

FYI: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000081.html

Bob
                  Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                  http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

LarryG;

My 288 GTO project is going as well as my 355 project. Stand still. I keep trying to get out to the shop but I just keep having other things that need doing.

I sold the custom frame to HTXtremes on the forum and I just finished boxing up the molds to send off to a forum member out in Ontario so I have a set of thin panels for shape starting and I will need to get another Fiero now to start with.

Good chance we are moving this summer so if I don't get the 355 fiberglassing done and blocked out pretty quickly here, I will be delayed another summer....

Cheers
                    Don
                    308 Ferrari replica
                    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Don:

My 288 is stating to look pretty good. We can share parts.

Jack

Comment

sorry for heisting the thread got excited.

Jack

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X