Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Nissan Skyline becoming the new car to replicate?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Is the Nissan Skyline becoming the new car to replicate?.

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel
    Originally posted by jrslyrics
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

I remember 15 years ago it was all about exotics and I can't tell you how many "fierossa's" I saw growing up as a kid. Then the Lamborghini's where the big thing back in the 1990's and now things have changed. I see these ricers now going as far to taking a honda civic 2 door and changing out the headlamps, tail lights and other deals from the skyline and putting them on the civic to make it look like a skyline.

What has this world come to!?!?!.

The reason why I say this is because today I came across a Skyline replica and put him on his place. : he got a great view of my tail lights.
    First of all, it's not a skyline that they are replicating! is a Sylvia also know as the S15! Which wasnt available in the US. Which by the way are more rare than ferrari's nowadays.

P.S. I have a turbo accord that will blow the doors off of most cars on the road, including yours...lol
    Thats what I hear all the time all these honda guys that need big turboes that need to beat a stock V6 Camaro.

I'm sure with an LS6 swap and Turbo I could distroy you. :
    Um no! my buddys integra "heavy honda" on only 10lbs of boost beats a c6 z06 vette
    and Mr.Ferrari yes, long gears are good when using forced induction "you wanna stay in boost as long as you can" man thats sick!

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

Originally posted by Jets303
    My talon weighs in at 3150lbs and has over 500 horse and im still stuck in low 11's :-\. Right on man 10's with 350 horse! Thats pretty impressive.
    Originally posted by Mr Ferrari
    "Efficient use of power" is the name of my game ;D

I have a relatively small powerband, but make lots of torque and the secret is utilizing the powerband with tall gearing and high stall.. The acceleration is extremely smooth and very linear mainly due to only having four gears in the tranny with gearing to potentially reach 215mph.. There is not a lot of shifting, just a lot of kicking ass..

This first car is a Supercharged 390rwhp 2006 Mustang GT..

And this car was a stripped down 500+rwhp track car..

Leave a comment:

• VF1Skullangel
    replied

;D ;D ;D ;D

I remember 15 years ago it was all about exotics and I can't tell you how many "fierossa's" I saw growing up as a kid. Then the Lamborghini's where the big thing back in the 1990's and now things have changed. I see these ricers now going as far to taking a honda civic 2 door and changing out the headlamps, tail lights and other deals from the skyline and putting them on the civic to make it look like a skyline.

What has this world come to!?!?!.

The reason why I say this is because today I came across a Skyline replica and put him on his place. : he got a great view of my tail lights.
    First of all, it's not a skyline that they are replicating! is a Sylvia also know as the S15! Which wasnt available in the US. Which by the way are more rare than ferrari's nowadays.

P.S. I have a turbo accord that will blow the doors off of most cars on the road, including yours...lol
    Thats what I hear all the time all these honda guys that need big turboes that need to beat a stock V6 Camaro.

I'm sure with an LS6 swap and Turbo I could distroy you. :

Leave a comment:

• Jets303
    replied

My talon weighs in at 3150lbs and has over 500 horse and im still stuck in low 11's :-\. Right on man 10's with 350 horse! Thats pretty impressive.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Greenmeansgo
    wow, what does your car weight approx. i think you might of talked me out of a v12
    Don told me the car was just a hair over 3,000lbs on the scale at the track.. Every modification (engine,tranny,suspension,wheels,interior,body) has added weight to the car and it is not as light as you would think.. There is not a lot I can do to shed substantial weight from the car and keep it streetable..
    Wow 350 to the wheels in a 3000lb. car running 10's this car is a beast "seems like good driver might be on that time slip too"

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

wow, what does your car weight approx. i think you might of talked me out of a v12
    Don told me the car was just a hair over 3,000lbs on the scale at the track.. Every modification (engine,tranny,suspension,wheels,interior,body) has added weight to the car and it is not as light as you would think.. There is not a lot I can do to shed substantial weight from the car and keep it streetable..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

what does it dyno?
    It made a 335rwhp and 340tq baseline when I recieved it and it was never tuned by Don after he completed the build and still ran low 11's.. I was able to tune in another 50rwhp and 55rwtq on the dyno this Summer, so in theory I will run in the 10's now and I can definately feel its faster than before the tune..

Here is what Don Kraus (the cars builder) told me..
    "You will find its a great car,if you tune it on a dyno for max horsepower that car will run the tens with the equipment its got.No other 3800SC with the M90 supercharger and no other power aids comes close to that car."

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

what does it dyno?

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

What do you have to be lifting the front, i know your supercharged but i was thing sc3800.
    pics and detils of motor!
    It is a 3800 S/C II... The supercharger is liquid intercooled with a front mount intercooler.. The engine has a cam, heads worked with bigger valves, MSD, fuel pump, injectors, more fuel work, small pulley, full 3" exhaust (all 15 inches of it from header collector to tailpipe ends ;D) and a few more things..
    The Tranny has a Yank 3,500 stall, insta-shift shift kit, posi, gears and a few things..

Here is the cradle with the huge sway bar and rear suspension.. The car was designed for auto-x and is unreal on the track, it just also happens to be quick in the 1/4 as well.. It is built on a 88' Fiero..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

3 Words..

Power to Weight, ;D
    Not always.. "Efficient use of power" is the name of my game ;D
    What do you have to be lifting the front, i know your supercharged but i was thing sc3800.
    pics and detils of motor!

Leave a comment:

• SAMIAM1017
    replied

are you hanging us the finger in that picture your doing the wheelie...nice.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

3 Words..

Power to Weight, ;D
    Any pics?
    I have a few..

And the car sits low in the front, so don't be telling me I need to lower the front suspension about 15 inches.. ;D

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

3 Words..

Power to Weight, ;D
    Not always.. "Efficient use of power" is the name of my game ;D

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

3 Words..

Power to Weight, ;D
    Any pics?

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X