Prototypes Enzo Kit -Ebay Sold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototypes Enzo Kit -Ebay Sold!

Yup, I bought the kit http://www.madmechanics.com/the-mall/enzo-kit-ebay/ today. Will be in contact with Proto here to get this beast to my shop and I'll be starting the build thread soon. Guess this was an early Christmas present to myself since this year has been really rough on me and I need something to cheer me up.

Wish me luck!

Re: Prototypes Enzo Kit -Ebay Sold!

have fun thats what this is all about

Comment

I plan on lots of beer, lots of swearing, lots of bleeding, and repeating all of those before the fun starts...haha Jk

Comment

I think you got a great deal. I hope you like fabricating and I hope you like the process as well as the final product, because the process will be long. It sure beats watching TV.

Comment

Congradulations on your purchase..

I am glad to see someone on the forum bought it.. Sweet 8)
          http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8...errari1kk7.jpghttp://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6500/antfw3.gif

Comment

Originally posted by 496fe
            I think you got a great deal. I hope you like fabricating and I hope you like the process as well as the final product, because the process will be long. It sure beats watching TV.

I do love to fabricate...I've restored a couple cars ground up, did a few custom motorcycles (suspension, paint etc) and 2 home remodels top to bottom. I'm coming out of a few months off of any major projects so I'll be looking forward to plotting forward on this one and have a few ideas already about how i'm going to take this one (interior, seats, wheels, cage, etc) and will be a regular here to pick ya'lls brains since so many are very knowledgeable in this realm. I'm not going to give myself time constraints but do expect to have a rolling streetable chassis and body mounted by summer. Lucky I get to pick my hours at work so I can put as many hours as I need or feel like every day as long as I'm finished up by the time the wife is home...can't neglect her!

Comment

any pictures ?

Comment

Originally posted by exoticse

any pictures ?
                Kit just sold today. (payment sent) I may also be going with a Fiero instead of the MR2. Can't wait to get started I have to clean my shop up and get things ready...buy some metal stock, fill my welding tank, etc...

Comment

Oh man, you are lucky !!!
                  Im jealous, I always wish to build an enzo, and with proto body, it looks like more near to do it, but no customers decided....
                  I only can to enjoy the build from your diary.....and the fill up also....
                  Good luck and let we informed !!!

Comment

Originally posted by xisco_mallorca
                    Oh man, you are lucky !!!
                    Im jealous, I always wish to build an enzo, and with proto body, it looks like more near to do it, but no customers decided....
                    I only can to enjoy the build from your diary.....and the fill up also....
                    Good luck and let we informed !!!
                    Will do, i'll start a new thread soon. ;D

Comment

Congrats on the purchase;

Welcome to the mad world of kitcars. I am sure you will love/hate it as much as the rest of us do I..... ;D

Have you thought about taking Chassisworks' frame CADs and sorting through the cockpit areas for differences? That would be a very nice setup as well. He has some excellent front and rear suspension setups so you could start with that and then reconfigure the cockpit piping to set up the Enzo shape.

If you go with a Fiero, I recommend looking at what Mercenary did with the Fiero frame and custom frame setup around it. Get better a better fabricating guy if you don't do it yourself, as Mercenary was upset with his frame results, but the idea and way it was built around the Fiero tub was brilliant in my opinion. You get the Fiero cockpit stuff and basic wiring etc. but you get custom suspension and framing that really solidifies the Fiero frame for you.

All in all, good luck and we are all looking forward to seeing thread updates.

Cheers
                      Don

308 Ferrari replica
                      Prova Countach 5000QV

Comment

There will be an En*o body from Proto. on an all aluminum chassis with pushrod suspension rolling around at my shop by the end of Jan....
                        Similar spec to my SL-C.. We have done full FEA on the chassis and proven it on the road and track..so the En*o will also go like a raped ape.....and look good doing it...

RCR may also be a dealer/holding/shipping facilityfor bodies from Proto. to be able to sell into his US customer base much easier...sounds like Proto is going to be busy in 2010

Comment

RCR will hopefully be the junction point where kits are shipped in to Canada and out of Canada in the states with out the harrassment of boarder customs. Good things too come, so all you that are having boarder problems we're trying to solve this ordeal you might have.

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                            Congrats on the purchase;

Welcome to the mad world of kitcars. I am sure you will love/hate it as much as the rest of us do I..... ;D

Have you thought about taking Chassisworks' frame CADs and sorting through the cockpit areas for differences? That would be a very nice setup as well. He has some excellent front and rear suspension setups so you could start with that and then reconfigure the cockpit piping to set up the Enzo shape.

If you go with a Fiero, I recommend looking at what Mercenary did with the Fiero frame and custom frame setup around it. Get better a better fabricating guy if you don't do it yourself, as Mercenary was upset with his frame results, but the idea and way it was built around the Fiero tub was brilliant in my opinion. You get the Fiero cockpit stuff and basic wiring etc. but you get custom suspension and framing that really solidifies the Fiero frame for you.

All in all, good luck and we are all looking forward to seeing thread updates.

Cheers
                            Don

I'm speaking with an aerospace friend of mine who works at Lockheed about using a Lotus Exige possibly. As you probably know the frame is aluminum space frame and he has a vast experience with those materials if i decide to go with that donor. Downsides is the initial price of entry just for a decent salvaged one which i could get into a Chassiworks for the price. Mercenary's build idea was one that really left an impression it was clever but yeah I feel bad for him for the execution of it. Its well within my abilities though and with HT control arms..coil overs and frame bracing its not a bad result. I'm more worried about my engine selections and California emmissions if i decide to do any engine swaps etc, than the chassis right now. I don't want to do a special construction registration SB100 etc...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X