Mad Mechanics going down hill !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Mechanics going down hill !

I'm afraid to say that everytime I come on here to have a look about, see what's new in the kitcar world all I see are post's from people having a go at each other..

What's happened to all the decent people ? Where are all the project's that were on going and made visiting this site a pleasure and something you could sit down with a brew and spend 10 minutes reading everyday !

Anyone else feel like this ?

Steve
    [url=http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/]DNA Owners Club[/url] - DNA Kitcar Related Website
    [url=http://www.extremeoc.co.uk/]Extreme Owners Club[/url] - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Re: Mad Mechanics going down hill !

I follow ya. I remember viewing this site when you were building your DNA 3sixty. Very inspiring! Even though my membership is new, I have been visiting this site an unholy number of times since 2006 and even before that. I have never seen such bitterness here. I have been putting away money since 2006 and thought I was finally ready to make deals with a few people on here and then all this crap started erupting. Needless to say, I have put my project on hold. The only one I have had contact with recently is Joe from Inland Exotics and a few calls to DNA Autoworks in Maryland. Time is on my side, so I'm not really concerned with that, but I am concerned about this forum. The moderators need to get in here before this site starts recieving subpoenas and such. Just terrible these days.

Comment

Several members complained about Funnywheels censoring post and locking threads. WELL YOU SEE WHAT YOU GET WITHOUT RULES. I miss Funnywheels, these threads would have been locked within two to three post. The posters warned and if continued, BANNED. This is unhealthy to the site. ARI banned IKR for posting smiley faces but yet allows these three to continue to behave the way they do, go figure.

Comment

So who's running this Forum right now, if Funnywheels is out??
        Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

Count me in. It's frustrating seeing all of the bickering. Take it elsewhere. You go to the build section and there's absolutely nothing there. Pages and pages of "i'll post pics later" or carefully staged photos, or bickering.

I must be overly frustrated that I can't get outside and work on my own stuff...

another $.02 worth...

Bob
          Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

cdrskull is an old tiomer here..
            He hardly come in anymore for a reason..i used to treat this forum as my home and every forumers as brothers in the same roof..but heck...what i get in return?

I dont hink cdrskull will get ban for posting this..

Comment

It's like Bevery Hills 90210

Comment

So, is there another forum worth visiting for kit info and build info ?

Comment

Yeah go over to www.kitcentral.com A bunch of guys that have actually completed cars too.

Comment

Originally posted by goyal99

Ari is the main guy but right now Dan "powerhouse" is the moderator I have to agree it has gotten I bit out of hand there is about 3 threads going on right now about the reventon kit and another 3 or 4 about murci-me almost every current post has bickering between members then they jump to a different topic and start the bickering all over again.

Originally posted by conan
                    There is other sites like kitcars.com kitcenral.com that have a forum but this is by far the best site out there. we have a little of everything kit car related.

Comment

my build will get crazy shortly, just collecting the rest of the fibnerglass parts I need for all the modifications I'll be making to my Countach body. I'm the one building an 89 Countach replica in the build diaries.

Cheers,
                      Will

Comment

Originally posted by lovef501
                        Originally posted by goyal99

Ari is the main guy but right now Dan "powerhouse" is the moderator I have to agree it has gotten I bit out of hand there is about 3 threads going on right now about the reventon kit and another 3 or 4 about murci-me almost every current post has bickering between members then they jump to a different topic and start the bickering all over again.

Originally posted by conan
                        There is other sites like kitcars.com kitcenral.com that have a forum but this is by far the best site out there. we have a little of everything kit car related.
                        yeah...i have to admit that is more or less my fault..but i just can't help it as those are what the oponent asked for....i have to do that to please him and to help the rest of the forumers from falling into his trap!...aren;t what this forum are meant for? to help forumers?...hope u understand...

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
                          I'm afraid to say that every time I come on here to have a look about, see what's new in the kit car world all I see are posts from people having a go at each other..

What's happened to all the decent people ? Where are all the project's that were on going and made visiting this site a pleasure and something you could sit down with a brew and spend 10 minutes reading everyday !

Anyone else feel like this ?

Steve
                          I am happy to see that someone has finally stepped out and made these comments! So for what it matters, here is my take, and my reaction.

BAR NONE this site is clearly the biggest and best resource online for the kit car world, in my opinion the only other one that comes close is Kitcentral. The content, tone, and sheer level of disrespect on this site has indeed gotten out of hand. Without naming names of current members, it is easy to see who the biggest contributors are and the subtle posts that seem to be designed to provoke a reaction.

Funnywheels is NOT out! He just taking care of business and like many others on this site, think his return and knowledge couldn’t come soon enough. But believe me, this “inmates running the asylum” state of things is not something he needs to stress over. I too recall people getting upset over his firm reaction and standards. I take it as a HUGE compliment that Ari has thought enough of me to take on moderation duties. I am not after anyone’s agenda nor am I out to get any particular member. But what I will do is look out for the best interest of the site.

I also recall the reactions he received, much the same that I have received. So freedom of speech, living in a free country, and whatever other generalisations are made boil down to this:

In order to live in a free society or a free discussion board, you actually do give up some freedoms to have it! Rules, laws, policies, and even enforcers, and moderators are put in place to help keep the peace. Given the tone lately, the abusive language and name calling will most likely be the first on the agenda. This is a family oriented site and has seen father/son-daughter, uncle/nephew-niece, grandfather/ grandson-daughter , and yes dare I say it.......... husband and wife teams. We need to keep that in mind, this is not a truck stop, nor a childish school yard.

I receive a good number of reported posts of people who take personal offense to name calling , or the way a product is compared to another, or how two or three members locked in a dispute are conducting themselves, how so and so is doing this and saying that... Ari gets the same reports. And we get notifications that help the site such as spam bots, and malware. The problem is we all have opinions how things should be handled. And we all can’t agree on every detail. This is pretty evident when you first log on to the site and slowly scroll down hoping to just once see a front page without the childish drama and name calling, like it used to be.
                          I have had brief discussions with Ari and I believe we are on the same page. So I will suggest this.

I will use the user agreement we all agreed to in order to sign-up to hopefully restore some peace and civility. If your post gets removed, merged or altered, don’t take personal offense. I already knew that anything I did in the way of moderation of the site would ruffle a few feathers, and I am ok with that, it’s one thing to express, complain, report or whatever you wish to call it. But if you are the one who has to do the dirty work, you get the dirty results too.
                          The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
                          As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
                          Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
                          SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
                          Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Comment

this makes perfect sense, ummm... could I get a cup of joe to go please! ;D

William

Comment

Will leave it in your good hands Powerhouse.. :-)

I would also like to send my best wishes to Funnywheels.. I know many members of these forums are missing him.. I want to wish him a fast recovery..

Steve
                              [url=http://www.dnaoc.co.uk/]DNA Owners Club[/url] - DNA Kitcar Related Website
                              [url=http://www.extremeoc.co.uk/]Extreme Owners Club[/url] - Extreme Kitcar Related Website

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X