water damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water damage

where can i find salvage (water damage )murcielago or diablo ?

i dont like collision /accidents titles

Re: water damage

Originally posted by lambo100

I believe in some states like MS and LA water damaged vehicles are also reclassed with rebuilt titles. Since Katrina you can find cars all over the place for a really good price with these rebuilt titles. Buyer beware.

Check the murcey/boxster build thread. That builder purchased a Boxster from a insurance vehicle sale site. I think it requires a $200 per year membership.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo100

You do not want too find one, those cars have audi at there heart and have more computers in them than horsepower, trust me there will always be something wrong with one of those cars if they were in a flood, and it will cost you more to fix them then buying a clean one

Comment

http://www.copart.com

it's an insurance auction site....plenty of flood vehicles to bid on (dealer license required to bid though)
        Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

Also try www.iaai.com I've bought and sold beaucoup flood cars.

Comment

I tend to agree with fill-up; I bought a flooded mustang at insurance auction. By the time I was done, I had to replace rear brakes from the e brake cables back, and the clutch slave cylinder got water in it and froze up, which meant a new clutch. The car's been fine ever since, but I hadn't budgeted $1000 and 60 hours of my time into dropping the transmission out to fix it. I'm not recommending against buying a flood car, just know what yr getting into and budget for more problems than you're expecting. Don't forget to replace all the fluids before you drive it.

Comment

Rebuildable Salvage Galladoo: Primary Damage: WATER/FLOOD
              http://www.eliterebuildablecars.com/...l.php?id=19674

Comment

It depends on what you want to do. If you are looking for a cheap way to get a Lambo, then your logic is flawed. If you are going to rip out the engine and put something else in, then you have a chance. Cars are not design to go under water. Not taking the mechanical aspects of water in the engine or transmission, but non of the electronics were design to be submerged. Expect many electrical gremlins that will take hours to find and lots of money to fix. Lambo's also do not do well around water. Run a couple of Google searches about Lambo fires from the fuel injectors rusting out just from washing the car. Then again, who cares what we say? Go get yourself a submerged car and post your experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Brastic
                  Run a couple of Google searches about Lambo fires from the fuel injectors rusting out just from washing the car.
                  WHAT?!?! My father just bought an 05 Gallado that has injector problems (or so were told)! Good thing we have up to 10days to inspect it before making final decision lol

Comment

Just get new injectors! Done!

Comment

Originally posted by *fill-up*

.................... Good thing we have up to 10days to inspect it before making final decision lol

Wow, there's actually dealers out there allowing you to test-drive a Lambo for 10 days and then decide if you want to keep it??

Cool 8)
                      Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

The car is being sold at the Auction, we have 10 days on premises to inspect it lol. It doesn't run and we have been told it is the injectors, we will find out!

Comment

I can respect people who keep cars stock, especially rare or vehicles or historical significance. But for me, pistons know no logos. The Gallado is not rare as they built a lot of them. The Gallado with engine problems is just asking for a transplant. I am the type of A-Hole that would rip out the V10, and sell off the parts to finance a 500hp Ecotec engine. Yes, the Gods in Italy will throw thunder bolts at me, and it would sound like crap, but it would be just as fast and way cheaper to make a daily driver out of.

Comment

Originally posted by Brastic
                            I can respect people who keep cars stock, especially rare or vehicles or historical significance. But for me, pistons know no logos. The Gallado is not rare as they built a lot of them. The Gallado with engine problems is just asking for a transplant. I am the type of A-Hole that would rip out the V10, and sell off the parts to finance a 500hp Ecotec engine. Yes, the Gods in Italy will throw thunder bolts at me, and it would sound like crap, but it would be just as fast and way cheaper to make a daily driver out of.
                            That doesnt make you an a-hole, just a fool. Injectors wont be that spendy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X