Getting molds from Canada to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting molds from Canada to US

Anybody know what hassles I might encounter getting a set of molds from Canada into the US?

Re: Getting molds from Canada to US

the only hassel is doing paper work to get it in to the states and paying boarder taxes

Comment

Does the paper work need to be done prior to the crossing or can it be done at that time? What is the tax based on, the purchase price?

Comment

Eric, What are you getting? I may be interested! LMK

Comment

Send me an email and I will send a photo. eric@kitcarchassis.com

Comment

email sent

Comment

Originally posted by txbuilder
              Anybody know what hassles I might encounter getting a set of molds from Canada into the US?
              Very easy, grab an enclosed trailer, fill it with the molds, upon crossing back into USA just say they were your friends and your borrowing them to make a car.

Comment

;D is that how you got your enxo across ?

Comment

Originally posted by carspancho
                  Canada customs will probably be glad to see them go to USA (they hate kit cars here). The only issue might be with the US Customs wanting some import money so check with a US customs broker. My guess is they are "duty free" into the US due to our "Fearless Trade Agreement" with the USA. Just my 2cents worth.

Comment

Originally posted by carspancho
                    I didn't get my Enzo yet, will be getting it next week, but if txbuilder would like to meet me up in Windsor Canada next week and toss the molds in my truck I will take them over the border and just say there pieces to my car, and then I will just give them back to him in detroit

Comment

I'm not sure when I will be going to get them. My partner is doing the deal and I expect he will be contacting the import guys to find out what paper work will be needed.

Comment

Are there any US citizens on here who have crossed into Canada at either Detroit or Buffalo lately? What all do they check on? When I crossed in Northern Maine last year it took me over an hour while they did a background check on me and searched my vehicle. I am wondering if at other crossings with more traffic maybe they aren't so picky.

Comment

You will need a certificate of origin (http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b232/) if you want to use the NAFTA and save the import tax. They will also ask for the harmonized code. Here's some interesting info on how to proceed
                          https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/sh...ta_origin.html

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by txbuilder
                              Are there any US citizens on here who have crossed into Canada at either Detroit or Buffalo lately? What all do they check on? When I crossed in Northern Maine last year it took me over an hour while they did a background check on me and searched my vehicle. I am wondering if at other crossings with more traffic maybe they aren't so picky.
                              lol were you driving a impala on 26's that smelled of, you know... just kidding

I crossed at detroit a couple weeks ago, they looked at my passport, and asked what I was doing in canada, and I told the guy about my enzo replica, he was very interested in it and spent a couple minutes asking me all about it. All together this took about 10 minutes

Crossing back in the US was a little harder, they nail you with 50 questions and etc. and the lady had me open my truck but thats it. All together it took about 7 minutes give or take?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X