Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ideal chassis and engine for John Watson ADLP640 kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ideal chassis and engine for John Watson ADLP640 kit ?

What chassis is ideal for John Watson LP640 kit for the V8 engine, the V10?

Re: ideal chassis and engine for John Watson ADLP640 kit ?

please,please do NOT put a body like that on a stupid porshe, mr2,or fiero. i dont care if you buy from me or not but that body is just to nice, and of course spot on to the real thing to be on a donor car. either build your own chassis, or buy one. thier is only a few of us out thier building chassis for you all. you know if you think about all the time you have in prepping a donor car, you could build or have a custom chassis. and i do not know about the other builder but i build them suited to the customers money and budget. i have only had one guy that laid all the cash on the table at once. think about the time you would have in a donor, the performance of the donor, the saftey in the donor, and how the work will appear in the donor, and the comfort of the finished product over the donor. now consider the custom chassis in all them areas. and then all of a sudden you realize that if you sell the car it would be worth alot more if its built on a tube chassis. now i do not know how bartman, joe, or this patriot chassis does sells and its know of my buisness. (sorry if i missed any other chassis builders out thier) but i know all my customers out thier are very happy with thier cars.

cliff

Comment

^^ right on Cliff.
      http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

Audi V-6 To W V-12 No Trans adaptor needed.
        https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/ani360cor.gif

Comment

Audi W V-12
          Attached Files

Comment

someone in UK do Audi but very complicated since it use to many computers even on doors ,which you can't start engine without it.

I could be wrong.
            BMW 750 most popular cause it kind of looks a like diablo and is cheaper to get it.

Comment

You are correct,we will be using complete Harness and computers from same car. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cliffscustomfab
                please,please do NOT put a body like that on a stupid porshe, mr2,or fiero. i dont care if you buy from me or not but that body is just to nice, and of course spot on to the real thing to be on a donor car. either build your own chassis, or buy one. thier is only a few of us out thier building chassis for you all. you know if you think about all the time you have in prepping a donor car, you could build or have a custom chassis. and i do not know about the other builder but i build them suited to the customers money and budget. i have only had one guy that laid all the cash on the table at once. think about the time you would have in a donor, the performance of the donor, the saftey in the donor, and how the work will appear in the donor, and the comfort of the finished product over the donor. now consider the custom chassis in all them areas. and then all of a sudden you realize that if you sell the car it would be worth alot more if its built on a tube chassis. now i do not know how bartman, joe, or this patriot chassis does sells and its know of my buisness. (sorry if i missed any other chassis builders out thier) but i know all my customers out thier are very happy with thier cars.

cliff
                no no I'll make the tube chassis, just witch that is the question!

money nor the time is not a problem, so I will do everything slowly, first examines what and how ... Which engine suggesting to me?

Comment

Not soliciting, I don't have time for anything else. My advise is replica chassis if budget is not an issue. Chassisworks was designed as a cheaper, easier to build chassis. It is strong, Mike did a great job, it is much easier to build than the replica chassis. The shortfall is there is less foot room because of the shape and location of the foot boxes. The replica has more foot room.

Comment

Originally posted by bartman
                    Not soliciting, I don't have time for anything else. My advise is replica chassis if budget is not an issue. Chassisworks was designed as a cheaper, easier to build chassis. It is strong, Mike did a great job, it is much easier to build than the replica chassis. The shortfall is there is less foot room because of the shape and location of the foot boxes. The replica has more foot room.
                    to which the replica chassis think?

Comment

The diablo chassis from NAERC, Tubular Dynamics are close enough with the rear suspension corrected for wheelbase and track width. I copied an OE Murci chassis and there are a few small changes from the diablo to Murcie but mostly in tube sizes and the wheelbase as I already stated.

Comment

I'm sorry but unless you can get a decent price for a tube chassis to be made your better off buying an original car. Its gonna get so expensive especially after putting in a V-12 to the point were its gonna surpass the original on price. It kind of defeats the purpose of building a replica.

Unless you've got contacts you can use.

Comment

We are a Fiberglass manufacture so we have to rely on out side sources to do our suspension and engine mounting. Bartman and Cliffs Customs will be doing that part of our build as a Team. Thanks to both of them for there Expretise. John Watson of Air-Dynamics

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel
                            I'm sorry but unless you can get a decent price for a tube chassis to be made your better off buying an original car. Its gonna get so expensive especially after putting in a V-12 to the point were its gonna surpass the original on price. It kind of defeats the purpose of building a replica.

It is according to whether you are comparing apples to apples so to speak. You cannot get an OE LP640 for a 100k or anywhere close to 100k. Now if you are happy with a diablo then yes you can buy a diablo, especially early one, for what it would cost to build a high end LP640 replica. But that's not apples to apples. And that is precisely why the diablo market dies just as the countach market did 10-12 years ago. The problems comes with keeping the OE running and paying the cost associated with OE. Here the property taxes on a 100k car is 15k a year. I have a customer with a real diablo, something is wrong with it all of the time. Look around at all the Lambos for sale, take a close look at the mileage. There is a reason why they all have very low mileage. Even rich people have figured out they can't afford to drive them. Or can't keep them running long enough to get very many miles.

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel

I have to disagree with that, the 12 is only slightly more expensive than a small block swap, they can get expensive depending on how much power you try to put down
                              Now building in Mooresville NC
                              [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton[/url]
                              [url]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton[/url]
                              [url]http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/[/url]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X