Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Have any Experience with this Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have any Experience with this Kit?

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/cto/2379741942.html

RKS unit purchased for $6000+. It includes: Full Body. Motor decklid (inner and outer, trunk decklid, spoiler, doors, door panels. Custom Twin Scoop GT style hood, Two piece roadster top, front bumper, and some various lights and parts.

Re: Anyone Have any Experience with this Kit?

I started building one back in 2003. Had the car built up to the point of bodywork & paint before I sold it. Doors were also completed. It is a decent kit just need alot of work to make it a good replica

Comment

Originally posted by rodrieguz
      I started building one back in 2003. Had the car built up to the point of bodywork & paint before I sold it. Doors were also completed. It is a decent kit just need alot of work to make it a good replica
      Thanks for the reply! What kind of work are you referring to? Are the dimensions correct?

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good deal! If its local to you and your in the market to purchase a replica project, you should go check it out. I have been building a Diablo Roadster for the last 5 months and I will tell you all the little parts needed will nickle and dime you to death. I would estimate from the description you would need atleast another $6000 worth of parts to finish not including the drivetrain and paint.

I just finished paint on mine and have started final assembly, at last check I was right at $17000.00 total spent. I have only just a few minor finishing parts and my sound system to purchase so it looks like Im going to be right at $20k for my entire build. Just to give you a rough idea of what its going to cost to build....

Comment

Wasn't RKS one of those Scam company's?

I remember hearing a lot of negative things about them back when kit central was up and running and Lambolounge was active.

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel
            Wasn't RKS one of those Scam company's?

I remember hearing a lot of negative things about them back when kit central was up and running and Lambolounge was active.
            Glad I asked then, I'd be interested to hear more about this.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X