Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whose murcie is on ebay?!

Yes, he is a kit car builder?
    He built the most accurate Murcielago replica to date. I don't think it's a problem that he's using his knowledge of this particular car and builder to give any potential buyer a heads up. He has personal experience with this very car. Do you? Madmods certainly knows what he's getting into and what to expect, so all turned out well in the end.

Comment

the only reason I posted that comment was to give everybody a heads up on the car. people were saying how beautiful it was, and it is. I have known steve personally for 5 years, I have helped him with many of his builds. steve cuts a lot of corners and that is something that should be known, especially when you are paying 40,000 dollars for a car. how many times have you seen people buying a car, and then when they see it in person, it's not all it's cracked up to be? I am not knocking steve, I'm just letting you guys know more about the car, then what he has listed.
      If madmods is happy with the car that's great, it is a looker. I'm sure with his skills he could turn that 40,000 dollar car into an 80,000 dollar replica, no problem. keep us posted Madmods, as to the progress of the car and what else you find when you start digging into it. congratulations on your new car!

Comment

great buy madmods. I would have loved to buy it.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Ill give it a shot. I bought it because it looked more accurate than the boxter murci I have. I also like the interior. The porsche is a dead giveaway for me. So if you guys can help me, first question is:

How do you get the murci wheel on there?
          Who sells the fake airbag cover?
          Who sells the paddle shifter?

Im selling the vendetta and the gallardo. So lets work together and get this car fixed up. I want to paint it too.
          Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
          White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
          White Gagliardi Vendetta
          Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Could someone please show me the exterior giveaways? I am naive and would like it if someone could circle the differences,or post two side by side pictures and describe the location of the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by madmods
              Thanks guys,

Ill give it a shot. I bought it because it looked more accurate than the boxter murci I have. I also like the interior. The porsche is a dead giveaway for me. So if you guys can help me, first question is:

How do you get the murci wheel on there?
              Who sells the fake airbag cover?
              Who sells the paddle shifter?

Im selling the vendetta and the gallardo. So lets work together and get this car fixed up. I want to paint it too.
              Do you mean the murcie steering wheel? from the looks of it, it still has a fiero column so you simply take the stock fiero steering wheel cut out the mounting brackets from the back of the steering wheel and mount them to the OEM murcie steering wheel, and simply put it on... The fake airbag cover is sold by lambolambo, inland exotics had it (this is where I got mine)
              Paddle shifters, I would go with mastershift.com ...

Comment

To answer the question whose Murcie?

It now belongs to me. Watch what I do with it.
                Madmods you a**hole I wanted this car lol! For 40k I wouldn't take it though just because I don't have the time or skill to put into it but I know you do, so you still got a heck of a heck for $40k!!! Congrats, I think this will soon become the best replica out there. You and jets will be going head to head in competition, sorry murcieme or murcimike whatever you go by now, I think you will be out of the game very soon!

Comment

Hey Fill, not so fast. I am sure mad is going to do a nice job re-doing the car. It will need work, I have seen a ton of these cars, I too know Steve and he does not put a ton of effort into them. Mike is only stating the obvious. Guys who build these cars for other people will never put the attention to detail as someone building for themselves, that is pretty much just a fact.

Guys you always have to remember these builds are re-bodied fiero's plain and simple, you can add every nut and bolt from an OEM car and you will still have a re-bodied fiero. Now it will be nice but remember what you are doing, #1 having fun cause you are doing something with your own hands, #2 you will have a cool looking car if you do it correctly, #3 you have to know that in 99% of all build you will never get your investment back. If you understand this, you are golden.

Mad for some engine power I know a guy that has a turbo'd 3.4L DOHC motor that is a plug and play that will make that thing scream! No it's not the 3.8 motor in the blue fiero you were once interested in.

Comment

cangrats man !! great buy!
                    but ur right ull have to replace the steering wheel and the brakes and in my op as well the rear lights and the exhaust tip then it will be truley perfect...
                    great car
                    and what colour are you going for?? id choose glossy white or orange

Comment

Thanks guy. L am really interested on how to get rid of the automatic shifter?

Can someone give me some insight? Mike can you post pics of your steering wheel setup with the paddle shifters.

Fillerup buy my gallardo!
                      Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
                      White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
                      White Gagliardi Vendetta
                      Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Can someone give me some insight? Mike can you post pics of your steering wheel setup with the paddle shifters.

Empty your inbox

Comment

With the mastershift setup, you do get rid of your automatic shifter, so it will look just like the oem lambo ...

Comment

40k???? Yikes!

Good luck my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Murci-Mike
                              LOL OK!! Remember, I have a 3 year headstart on you guys! I have developed parts that arent available to you guys ( true independent headlight buckets like OEM, folding mirrors, headlight washers, and the list goes on amd on). Remember, you guys havent seen my car in 2 years
                              LMK when you're ready to compare!
                              I wouldn't be too sure about that! Also, arrogance is never the way to go.

Comment

It is good to be confident, but let’s remember that this is a hobby and not a competition. I am in no way trying to discount your work or anyone else’s, but it seemed as if you were trying to start something when no one was claiming to have a better car. Also, I wouldn’t challenge to compare cars as some members have real murcielagos.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X