Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You skilled glass guys, please make a 599 out of a Supra.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You skilled glass guys, please make a 599 out of a Supra.

Like I always say on this forum, I wish I had the skills you guys have.
    Ever notice the slight similarities between the Toyota Supra and the Ferrari GTO?

The supras are rock solid reliable and capable of tons of power. I have one myself and think it is a great car.
    I think it looks great still, but it would also make a great candidate as a base car for a 599 GTO.

I'd love to see someone take it a step further and do the 599xx

link to many pics....http://www.forcegt.com/news/random-m...ferrari-599xx/

Re: You skilled glass guys, please make a 599 out of a Supra.

BUt what would Ferrari owners say??

just kidding!!! =P

Although if someone did do it, it should be of high quality, if you have 5-7k to invest, you could possibly start it yourself.
    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages.:cool: [url]http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts[/url]

Comment

Wow that is the perfect donor car!! It's so similar it would be more like a radical body kit than a kit car...the window greenhouse and door shape doesn't even need alteration !

Just a new front end , some matching side skirts/overlays and rear bumper job and it would look just like a 599!!

Comment

It wouldn't be cheap. Thats for sure. :

Comment

Supras are to expensive now.

Comment

In the USA they are expensive but very cheap in the rest of the world- in uk Japan etc...and they can be imported from Japan to Canada if they aren't modified

Comment

interesting as supras only cost like 7gz in Australia sad part is my gf just sold hers less than 2 months ago could of made it a doner haha only prob was it was na

Comment

only issue I see is the front guard not being long enough

Comment

Originally posted by TNH
                  Like I always say on this forum, I wish I had the skills you guys have.
                  Ever notice the slight similarities between the Toyota Supra and the Ferrari GTO?
                  Now would be the time to get the skills. The most important trait to learn a new skill is desire.

Comment

Just my guess but wouldn't a Vette base be better? When I looked at the 599 side view, Vette jumped out at me.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Cheers
                    Don
                    308 Ferrari replica
                    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Wheelbase:
                      599 = 108.3 Inches
                      C6 = 105.7 Inches (2.6 inches shorter)
                      Supra =100.4 Inches (7.9 inches shorter)

Comment

Wow, the Supra Looks really Close. What about the wheelbase ? Id Love to get One of those when finished.

Comment

C6 convertible (with convertible equipment removed) and custom hardtop would be the best donor.

Plus you get the performance to match the looks, it would be a killer conversion and would be more of a body kit then an actual kit car.

Comment

Originally posted by cutlass442
                            In the USA they are expensive but very cheap in the rest of the world- in uk Japan etc...and they can be imported from Japan to Canada if they aren't modified
                            And thats the problem. People buy them with intentions of tuning them. ;D

Comment

Toyota Supra is the best donor for this ... and they are cheap now ....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X