Dodge Neon based Lambo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Neon based Lambo

Anyone have pics of Dodge Neon based Lamborghini Murcielago / Diablo kit car?

You're kidding, right?

Comment

Maybe you mean the Dodge Stratus based Gallardo?
      Overkill: Dodge Gallardo Stratus

Or the Pontiac Solstice Murcielago?
      Pontiac solstice lamborghini replica News - Autoblog
      Video: Pontiac Solstice-Based Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640 Replica - Carscoop

Comment

Even if it was based on an SRT-4 it would be retarded. Camaro and Firebird I can understand given they have stroke have a lot in common with Lamborghini's all together this would be nasty. A Front wheel drive Murcielago or Gallardo? YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Seriously?!?!?!!! Not one pic from this wealth of kit car knowledge forum? I once saw it in the background pic of an ebay camaro evoluzone kit car. I emailed the seller and he said it was a murci based on a dodge neon - it had the exact wheelbase (104"), so no stretch, and the engine was about as powerful an any fiero (but imagine with a 300 hp SRT-4 engine!). I didn't save that picture, but I'm sure someone has a picture of it - or any other. Bueller, Bueller, Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

I'm sorry but thats like if someone took a Cavalier and tried building a Murcielago on in it. Regardless of the wheel base its still a terrible idea because its a front wheel drive front engined car. The Murcy 4 is even an awful attempt that and its got an LS1 engine. The camaro Evoluzone kit is understandable considering it was built to be a front engined car with the exotic nature of a Lamborghini. I think what your thinking about is the G24 kit a few years ago on Ebay that came with a Dodge Neon donorcar. I never saw it mounted to the chassis. I also remember seeing an IFG that came with a caddillac Elderado, another one with a completely stripped down 4th gen Camaro hell I even seen a Countach kit that came with a 1984 Corvette as the donor car on ebay. You never really know what some of these people are thinking when they are selling it. Hints why they would they be selling their product in the first place.

Comment

Yeah.....if it's not a fiero donor you shouldn't even think about it. And no one ever sold their Fiero donor Murci replica........(Sarcasm) However, Dodge Neon...not so hot.

Comment

Bueller? Anyone? Pics?

Comment

So how r u gonna explain your Lamborghini with a 3 passenger back seat?

Comment

Family Lambo?!?!?!! Haha! Seriously, anyone have pics?

Comment

Look at eBay item 300631456762 for a 4 seat 43o

Also see the pics of the dodge stratus with gallardo kit linked above. It's very easy to see how that car could simply use a removable fiberglass tonneau cover to cover the rear seats, and open it up for 5 seat capacity when needed, like the saleen mustangs cover the rear seats. Had they just designed the nose a bit better that could have been quite a nice kit

Comment

Yea, thanks bro! But I'm looking for pics of a neon or even a cavalier or sunfire that has the exact wheelbase of a murci/diablo kit - it would require no stretch and have about the same hp as a fiero - seems like many would have already tried it - possible total build of under 5K and I'm sure would sell for around 8-10K (fully running w/base car interior) - less than half of a similar fiero build and still make a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by jah315 View Post
                          Yea, thanks bro! But I'm looking for pics of a neon or even a cavalier or sunfire that has the exact wheelbase of a murci/diablo kit - it would require no stretch and have about the same hp as a fiero - seems like many would have already tried it - possible total build of under 5K and I'm sure would sell for around 8-10K (fully running w/base car interior) - less than half of a similar fiero build and still make a profit.

I think you are dreaming. No disrespect, but turning a profit on a conversion like this ain't gonna happen. By the time you total up the donar car, add all the conversion parts, plus all the stupid nickel and dime add ons, not to mention a decent paint job....... you aren't even in the right ballpark with your initial estimate.

Comment

It would be a ridiculous conversion.

Comment

What would be the point? I can see the value of the 4 seat family car, but I doubt it would be too comfortable for anyone in the back. These cars are tiny as it is.

I understand having the stock wheelbase too, but I don't think it adds much value. The Lamborghini is 10-12 inches taller than a Neon, so unless you want to modify the roofline, which would probably not suit the car too well, you'd have to chop the roof, which is more complicated than stretching a Fiero. Plus, the engine might be taller than the front hood of the Lamborghini, requiring more modifications. I think it would wind up looking way out of proportion by the end.
                              Yeah, it would match the Fiero HP, but who's happy with that? The first thing anyone asks you about these cars is how fast it is, and while some people might be satisifed by 160 HP, no one is happy with it.
                              $5K is totally unrealistic. Bare minimum, $1K for wheels, $500 for lights and $5000 for the kit, $1k for paint and you're pretty close to your 8K selling price in materials alone.

it's a good idea, but it's not plausible. The Camaro donor is a better option, but we've seen what that looks like =(

For the record, I looked at the images of the Stratus/Gallardo for a while, and there's been some serious modifications to the chassis - the doors slope down at the rear, meaning either the windshield is angled back with the doors modified to match, or the rear has been lowered quite a bit to angle it back. Maybe some combination of the two. Either way, it wouldn't have been a bolt on kit by any means. Still had a lot of potential though.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X